Obligatory post-game critiques

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by jommybabe, Oct 12, 2013.

1. DuPontGator

DuPontGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +254
    OC gotta find a way to hide the Olines poor play.
  2. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    OK, i agree. O line was overmatched, and the play calling made the mismatch much much much much much worse
  3. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +411
    The only play that I really hated and that was really not necessary was the gimmick sweep to Patton or maybe it was showers to the left. LSU was penetrating so much, just running straight up the field , there was no chance for that to work. Plus Taylor was breaking off 5 to 7 yard runs every time he touched it. That was a point we should have just stuck stuck to the run and got the seven points, instead we settle for a field goal.
  4. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Running so much made us too predictable. It gave an edge to LSU. I have been convinced. Made the O line troubles even worse.
  5. General_Zod

General_Zod Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    coaching. The coaches recruit players, they then train them and they then call the plays they run.

Not training the QB and receivers to be on same page and try to pass a bit more.

I know TM was pressured but as a coach you find some quick hit plays. I mean good lord when was the last time we saw the QB under center and hit the quick slant? TM did it great, he also sure looked like he could get the snap and gun the ball for those quick turn arounds by the receivers, the receivers and him where not on the same page.

Not being on the same page is coaching and something you work on in practice and make sure everyone knows what to do on a certain play call