Obligatory post-game critiques

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by jommybabe, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I think it is hard to blame the coaches too much until our lineman provide protection and blocking. Murphy was under great duress the whole game and I dont see that any passes would work well. Longer passes would probably have been much worse, likely resulting in a sack.
  2. ncorangeblue

ncorangeblue New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Huh?? Who is responsible for preparing the oline and getting best players on the field?
  3. jisgator

jisgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    I don't necessarily mean longer throws as much as I mean letting TM throw on early downs loosening the defense. When you constantly go run, run, pass, it becomes easy for the defense to pin their ears back on that 3rd down call. It was very obvious today what we were running on 90% of our offensive plays and if we can see that you know the defensive coaches can too
  4. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +350
    I think the crowd had something to do with the miscommunication with the OL and wide receivers.

I have to believe this is true or otherwise I will stop screaming my butt of when we are at home and the opponent has the ball
  5. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I guess Muschamp/Pease is hesitant to throw too much, and based on the lack of pass protection today I can see why.
  6. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Clearly the coaches, but it is hard to make something out of nothing. Let the recruiting cycle take its course and then we can place the blame fully on the coaches if the same thing keeps happening.
  7. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    Maybe the best are on the field and they just aren't up to the task! Our line looked like boys playing men today. Err really need to recruit o line heavily the next few years. We are thin depth wise and not very good on top of that. And that is the coaches fault, the fact is we need an offensive coach to take over this offense maybe Pease isn't the man for the job.

We need to work with what we have and today proved we don't have a lot to brag about line wise. D line didn't play it's best today, but was light years better than o line.
  8. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16
    On 1st down and 3rd and 4 or less our playcalling went .... (not counting the last 5 mins of the game)

RUN: 23
    PASS: 3

Hard for the offensive line to "execute" and "block" when a defense as talented and deep as LSU knows you're gonna come out running, stuffs it, then knows your gonna have to air it out. We do this every week, it's a constant, predictable pattern. LSU looked awesome because our gameplan made it as easy as possible on them, and difficult as possible on our offensive players.
  9. jisgator

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Exactly.
  10. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +84
    Brent Pease signed a non compete and left his playbook in Boise.
  11. jisgator

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Sigh... We don't have the players yet.
  12. UF67ee

UF67ee Member

Ratings Received:
    +81
    Face it ..... We are a middle of the road sec team. Will it improve next year. I honestly don't know.
  13. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16
    It's year 3. It should be up and running by now. Our offense will NEVER improve under Muschamp because we are way too predictable (23 runs and 3 passes on 1st down and 3rd and short).
  14. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I have hope for the offense. Muschamp is slow to change on offense, but he did put in a new kicker and he did stop using the wildcat. It seems that as long as we win he will not change. Now that we have a loss, we could see something different.

I think the performance was a little expected. At least we have a QB that is capable of producing if given the chance. Keep Kelvin, keep the new kicker, pass more, wave a magic wand to improve our Linemen, and we might get better.
  15. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,674
    Please. Horse to water...
  16. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    It is depressing to see other, lesser, teams have scored more than we have. With our prior offensive struggles it makes it even worse. LSU has had half a season to refine their defense and it is showing so maybe that is why. Or maybe our offense just sucks.
  17. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    OL

DL

Punting

I can't criticize the coaches for the lack of down-field passes. Murphy barely had time to get rid of the ball without taking a sack much less the time to wait for a play to develop down field.
  18. jommybabe

jommybabe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Agreed 100%. Murphy did a stellar job compensating for the rest of the offense. We can point out the lack of development during game time for the offense when we have been ahead. Instead of running down the clock with 2 yard rushes, we could have been getting our receivers and quarterback invaluable experience.
  19. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16
    Can you criticize the coaches for a constant pattern of predictable play-calling every single week? That may have a little to do with the OL's struggles today
  20. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +668
    If your OL is struggling to pass protect that is even more reason to throw more on first down especially when the D is expecting the run 90% of the time. The play calling can help the OL protection by better play calling and less predictability. Also, a critical mistake was using the silent count by our coaches as the stadium noise level was a non-factor but it allowed the LSU D lineman to time up our snap and have a forward lean as opposed to being flat footed at the snap.