Obama's scary detatchment from reality..

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Jun 21, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,645
    I am not sure I think prezBO is detached from reality-I think his actions are all part of his plan to lull us asleep so he can continue to destroy and "fundamentally change" this country

look at how he has libs suddenly supporting his illegal actions and suddenly in support of things they railed against under W
    look at how the pubs are afraid of him and feel they have to become dem lite or become irrelevant

his "fundamental change" is happening
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572
    Be careful. The but Obama disease has already emerged on many threads.
  3. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +613
    There are billions of dollars wasted on defense, like the $250 screwdriver, that can be cut without imperiling our security, especially as we advance our technology.
  4. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Very true. But, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater which is our political leaders tendency.
  5. GatorNorth

Ratings Received:
    +613
    Because we allow the media to manipulate us into holding them accountable to sound bites instead of sound policies.
  6. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    Either you are uniformed or you have a low opinion of the men and women who volunteer their weekends, weeks, and some time year(s) so that they can be ready when our country needs them.

First of all, the fifty year old aircraft that we are flying now is mostly our B-52's. FYI: most of the original components on those planes was replaced years ago. Every component on all of our military planes are on a replacement scheduled. Most of those components are replaced no matter how good of shape they are in. Thus those planes are in great shape and are ready 24/7 in the event they are needed.

Fifty years ago the us was using the following combat aircraft: [/ QUOTE]A-1 Skyraider ground attack aircraft
    A-37 Dragonfly ground attack aircraft
    F-5 Freedom Fighterlight-weight, low-cost fighter used in strike aircraft role
    A-4 Skyhawk carrier borne strike aircraft
    A-6 Intruder carrier borne all weather strike aircraft
    A-7 Corsair II carrier borne strike aircraft
    AH-1 Cobra attack helicopter
    AC-47 Spooky gunship (four) with the 1st Air Cavalry Division
    AC-130 "Spectre" Gunship
    AC-119G "Shadow" Gunship
    AC-119K "Stinger" Gunship
    B-52 Stratofortress heavy bomber
    B-57 Canberra medium bombers - used by the U.S. Air Force
    Canberra B.20 Royal Australian Air Force medium bomber
    F-4 Phantom II carrier and land based fighter-bomber
    F-8 Crusader carrier and land based fighter-bomber
    F-105 Thunderchief fighter-bomber
    F-100 Super Sabre fighter-bomber
    F-101 Voodoo (RF-101) fighter-bomber/reconnaissance plane
    F-102 Delta Dagger fighter
    F-104 Starfighter fighter
    F-111 Aardvark medium bomber
    OH-6 Cayuse Transport/ Observation helicopter
    [/QUOTE] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_the_Vietnam_War
    Almost all of these aircraft was retired years ago.

Most of these politicians voted for the new weapon systems the reserved and active duty personal are flying today.

This is Bull Sh^t! The air reserve units are not flying 50 year old planes (except B-52's). It is true that in most cases they are the last to get the newer planes because the priority is for the active duty units to get the new hardware. Also these units do get to fly the latest planes because they have to be ready and able when duty calls. By the way many air reserves units are being pulled into active duty to fly missions to support the Afghanistan operations.
    Here is what FANG is flying and support at this moment: http://www.fl.ang.af.mil/units/

Here is what air reserve units as a whole are doing now: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Reserve_Command
    https://www.navyreserve.navy.mil/Documents/tnr_current/tnr_magazine_current.pdf

[QUOTE{That Air Guard unit was a shelter for politicians(of both parties) as well as uber wealthy to hide their sons from having to see combat or end up anywhere outsde the U.S.[/QUOTE]
    Your loathing of reserves is very clear. Also this last statement is an insult to every one who was or still in the reserved. For the record: Bush spent the first half of his air guard career flying his ass off. He flew well above the minimum hours. The man loved flying and rated out ad a good pilot. In the last quarter of his air guard duty the plane that Bush was flying was going to be phased out. By the time Bush would get and complete the training on the newer plane he would be getting out. By this time Bush had met the required flying hours for the air guard. It was then he exercised the well know exit strategy (not flying, less demand duty) that many air guard people before and after him did.

As for dodging Harms Way you should read this link and then issue an apology for the good Americans you insulted: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_National_Guard
  7. northgagator

Ratings Received:
    +98
    The $250 screwdrivers are cover stories for classified projects. Classified for several reasons.
    Like not letting the tax payers and our foes what the hell the military is actually spending money on. This tactic was use to hide the SR-71 and the F-118 Nighthawk.
  8. brainstorm

brainstorm VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +827
    Please adopt me.
  9. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +275
    Good points. I have to ask what social issues to which you are referring to. I ageree-both sides suck.
  10. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Northga, I do not disagree with your assessment of the men and women in uniform whether active duty or reserve. I made the point that we want to be extremely careful in cutting military budgets as "some" of our pilots are flying 50 year old platforms that need to be replaced and are being replaced. I was thinking not only of the B-52 but also of the Orion sub tracker that is being gradually replaced with the Poseidon.
  11. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +903
    I believe the $250 screwdriver was proven to be mythical, a result of an accounting practice to assign overhead costs to any and all purchases made by the military. This didn't add a significant amount to major equipment purchases, like Humvees, but made tiny purchases like a screwdriver appear exhorbitant. Some items were actually over-priced because they were over-designed, like components that were designed to survive conditions that the humans on board couldn't possibly survive.
  12. northgagator

Ratings Received:
    +98
    Thanks for the thoughtful and respectful reply.
    I knew that there their was at least one other old war horse of a plane still flying but the P3 Orion slipped my mind. I should slap myself on that on because my brother in-law was a Flight Engineer on one for 15+ years and I lived I the flight path of NAS Jax for many years.

Please note that the P3 like the B-52 was well maintained and continually upgraded in its lifetime. There are two other factors on why the P3 hung around for so long. One, it was over engineered. Two, the turboprops are extremely efficient in fuel consumption and performance. This factor enabled the plane to fly slower while on patrol (to cover the area better) and stay out on patrol for longer periods. Hopefully the Poseidon will have the same if not better legacy.
  13. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Yep, P3 is an excellent aircraft and as we retire the fleet, they will continue to be used by foreign countries. They can stay in the air longer than the new Poseidon, but obviously are not as fast to their destination so it will likely balance. My son in law flies the P3 and will be returning to Jax to train on Poseidon. I hear you on flight path...we lived off Scott Mill road on southside of Jax for a few years and so were likely near you.
  14. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +309

When did YOU serve, oldgator???

When did your idol, Obama, serve, oldgator???

Inquiring minds want to know
  15. texigator

Ratings Received:
    +309
    Crickets from oldgator about his military service and the military service of Obama
  16. texigator

Ratings Received:
    +309
    Another day of silence from oldgator about his military service.

C'mon, oldgator, you like to run your mouth about others' service, when did YOU serve???
  17. GatorNorth

Ratings Received:
    +613
    The last President we had who actually served was Bush 1 and we are not likely to have another one with service experience for many years. The question has become a bit of a red herring for,both parties as Romney didn't serve either.
  18. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +444
    I think republicans suck, like all politicians suck.

Obama takes lying and ineptitude to a new level though. How can anyone still have faith or support him is mind boggling. He has taken everything that was wrong about Bush, and done it much worse. He is accelerating the demise of this country.