Obama's job recovery: Wal Mart Greeter

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncbullgator, Aug 3, 2013.

1. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    The job losses were from the housing crash and resulting Lehman crash and of course the election of Obama (when clear thinking CEOs knew to right size immediately). And have they upsized? Of course not. Will not happen while Obama is in office. Our job gains are 83% part time, service and retail industry focused.

And if you don't think $85 B monthly for 60 months has not dramatically propped up the market, go ahead and keep 90-100% in stocks when they quit. I dare you.

And who is using the term "budget surplus". There has not been a "true" budget surplus since the 70s. (Clinton's budget were not surplus nor was Bush's first year though some charts show I). And OBTW- the 5 largest deficits in US history are all owned by Barak Hussein Obama "boy financial genius". The only thing saving Barak from skewering is his race and investment by the MSM.
  2. ncbullgator

ncbullgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +241
    It's amazing how ignorant most liberals really are.

Spending more than 6T to prop up the economy and the Fed continuing to make 85B purchases are the predominant reasons the market is up.

It wouldn't have mattered if either a Pub or a liberal had been elected the POTUS.

Yet liberals want to take claim for an economic comeback (BS) based upon the Dow while making the rich richer and simultaneously criticizing them for greed.

Just amazing.

:sick:
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +195
    First off, Obama has no power to raise the debt ceiling by himself. Your good Republicans in congress will play a large role in this. But, as I’ve already pointed out, and as you’ve chosen to ignore, In the past 5 years, the growth of government has slowed to it’s lowest level in 60 years. Further, almost all our debt growth can be contributed to the two wars and the irresponsible tax cuts of the Bush era. I know you don’t want to believe that, but it’s a fact.
    Thanks for the advice, and at this point, I plan to. Bull and Bear markets go in cycles … they always have. The cycle usually ends with a bubble. Just Clinton’s bull market was propped up by over speculation in Tech, and Bush's was propped up by “free money” from using your home equity like an ATM machine, this bull market isn’t without it’s faults. But I’d disagree that the bubble is near breaking. I actually think we are nowhere near a top right now, and if the Fed begins to “taper” this year, in Sept. as many believe, the market will get bumpy, but continue to move up, just not as quickly. When the market peaks, and begins to fall, I’ll do what the 1%s do and find something good to short. I’m not stupid when it comes to managing my investments.

FoxNews … any many others.

US government records $116.5 billion surplus in June
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-1165-billion-surplus-in-june/#ixzz2b16UoDKz

Hey, it may just be a monthly surplus, but it’s the first monthly surplus in 13 years …
  4. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Me thinks we need to build more Wal Mart stores so we have more "greeter opportunities". It is obvious we need to put some people to work. Too bad the DC city council put the kabash to the 6 stores they were to build in DC. 6 more greeter positions likely requiring 24 new greeters due to shifts etc, down the drain.
  5. WarDamnGator

Ratings Received:
    +195
    Yeah ... That's right on point with what I said ... Good rebuttal ...
  6. WarDamnGator

Ratings Received:
    +195
  7. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +462
    There was/is value to those positions. If my memory holds there is a theft deterrent aspect to greeters in that people are less likely to shoplift when greeted entering a store. Theoretically the low paying positions would more pay for themselves.
  8. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +598
    Don't you think that the part time job hiring is related to the soon to be implementation of Obamacare? That is what I have been hearing.