Obamacare Will Question Your Sex Life

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Jaggator, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    Hope all you "Too Hotters" come clean now and tell your doctor the truth...

"Are you sexually active? If so, with one partner, multiple partners or same-sex partners?”

Be ready to answer those questions and more the next time you go to the doctor, whether it’s the dermatologist or the cardiologist and no matter if the questions are unrelated to why you’re seeking medical help. And you can thank the Obama health law.

“This is nasty business,” says New York cardiologist Dr. Adam Budzikowski. He called the sex questions “insensitive, stupid and very intrusive.” He couldn’t think of an occasion when a cardiologist would need such information — but he knows he’ll be pushed to ask for it.

The president’s “reforms” aim to turn doctors into government agents, pressuring them financially to ask questions they consider inappropriate and unnecessary, and to violate their Hippocratic Oath to keep patients’ records confidential."

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/obamacare-will-question-your-sex-life/
  2. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +780
    I don't know....but if you're some old, rich guy, you may want to let your cardiologist know about your sex life. Big embarrassment and potential expensive divorce if you go into cardiac arrest while in the company of a young mistress. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,224
    Good one nana.
  4. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +704
    It is an open door.....sex life, behavior....as in what you read, church you attend, clubs, friends.....

0bamakare is NOT about health care, it is not about providing heath care to those in need. It is ALL about collecting information on every single citizen to be able to CONTROL the populace.

In the future, you could go to dr, they connect your health issue to your tax return (you donated to a church), to your party affiliation.....and you have a profile. Then you apply to purchase a gun or ask for a concealed weapon permit. Sorry, Fed Govt denies.

They are building a Massive system to take over people's lives, just like they did in the Soviet Union, just like what is in existence in Cuba today.

In Cuba, when you reach a certain age (as in older and less productive) your ability to leave Cuba increases (you consume more than produce), your health care options greatly decrease (no reason to keep you healthy, much less alive).

In Cuba, poverty is imposed on the populace. In USA it is currently poverty is by self infliction. 0bamao and his minions want to change the dynamic to imposition (that is fair).

That is their World View.

Premise: I (0bamaokrat) knows better than masses
    Thus, since I know better, I should make decisions for you.
    Since I know better and make your decisions, I should be exempt from what I impose on you.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,710
    This is just the beginning. Sooner or later you will have a card to swipe at any restaurant/fast food/grocery store we go to so that they can see if we are eating healthy enough and adjust our health care coverage accordingly.
  6. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    all those questions are pertinent questions in doing a complete patient history.

Am an RN and have been an RN since 1985.

Though the questions appear intrusive they are questions that are certainly pertinent in regard to
    ---infectious disease
    ---ObGyn
    ---Urology
    ---etc

and considering that tertiary syphilis, hepatitis, etc(as well as other diseases/conditions that deal with sex) affect the heart---the cardiologist is out of line in claiming such questions to not be applicable to cardiology patients.

these sort of questions relating to sex have been a part of accurate patient history and physical for decades and are sound medical practice.

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...symptoms-sexual-problems-stds-affect-millions

just because a disease is an STD---does not mean it's effects are limited to reproductive organs. Fact is, most STD's affect a number of organs throughout the body such as heart, brain, liver, kidneys, eyes, etc

in addition, STD's are highly transmittable to fetuses(unborn children to the fundamentalists/GOP posters) so if you truly are concerned for the unborn children----you'd want these questions asked.

As a male nurse part of my job was to obtain medical history from patients. And to ask such questions. Before getting to the sexually related questions I simply ask the female patients if they'd be more comfortable, etc having a female nurse ask them the questions. If so I simply ask a female co-worker to do it and that I'll do a history for one of their patients.

many things that doctors and nurses do are very intrusive to patients......thing is, as professionals our concern is the patient health and not getting jollies at their expense. A medical professional's duty is to ask such questions since they may be very pertinent to the patient's health .

Medical professionals have a legal and moral responsibility in regards to a number of infectious diseases to help combat the spread of highly infectious diseases of severe medical impact----even if those diseases are STD's.

Simply put, a medical professional has a responsibility to put their own squeamishness aside when asking such questions and to do what they can to ease patient squeamishness in regard to answering such questions

Bottom line---the unasked question can kill the patient
  7. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,808
    My doctors have always asked me these questions.
  8. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,069
    As long as you're not sleeping with his/her wife or husband, no big deal!
  9. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    O&B---you have a good doctor

Doctors and nurses should realize that some questions are intrusive, etc. Good doctors and nurses will explain to the patient why the questions are asked and then ask the questions.

This matter is also one of the reasons for the doctor/patient confidentiality stuff in law. Over time it is essential that doctors(and nurses) have a close relationship of trust with their patients TO BEST SERVE THE PATIENT. A great part of the trust is based upon medical professionals being respectful of patients while at the same time asking difficult questions.

The scary part of all this is not doctors and nurses asking such questions....the unconsidered(by many) issue that is of scary nature is who gets to read the patient medical charts that contain the questions and answers---
    -----right now there are two major groups that have access to patient charts---that are truly scary in what they could do with the info(answers the patient gives to questions)------
    -----the govt(yes, I'm a lib, but I freely admit the scariness of this)
    -----insurance companies---there are a multitude of instances of insurance companies using this 'confidential' information to deny coverage, increase insurance rates, etc

bottom line---the scary part really isn't what the doctors/nurses do with the answers patients give to questions OP refers to in his post(as well as every other question doctor or nurse ask a patient).....but that govt and insurance companies use the answers against the patient
    ---insurance companies use the info to deny service, jack up policy cost, or even deny insurance policy to the patient
    ---govt can use the info 'against' the patient to force the patient to be treated for a very contagious disease(STD or otherwise), refusing the person a govt job(especially keeping person from joining military)
  10. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +649
    I too have filled paperwork out with these questions. Nunya was my answer.
  11. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    that is of course, your right to refuse to answer the questions.

Thing is, for decades now it has been the option of doctors, hospitals, insurance companies to discharge the patient from treatment due to non compliance.

That is rarely done since Doctors, hospitals, insurance companies want the money. Most often when a patient refuses to answer questions the doctor(or nurse) will interpret the refusal to answer is based on one or more of the following
    --patient is arrogant
    --patient is ignorant
    --patient doesn't want to admit to something the spouse might get wind of.
    --patient is stupid

bottom line---did the doctor or nurse explain the importance of providing the info? If yes, and patient still refuses---the patient clearly doesn't want to give doctor the best chance of helping the patient.

BTW--- refusal to provide answers to medical questions have destroyed the ability of patients to file a successful malpractice suit.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  12. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,808
    Given that my wife, daughter and I all share the same GP (a pretty cute UF grad who's about 32), that would be more awkward than usual.
  13. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,434
    Foucault observed that these situations are like a ritualized confession, unique to Western society - i.e. truth (and cure) can be obtained in a ritualized confession to authority.

http://peterfletcher.com.au/2010/08/10/foucault-on-confession/

An interesting observation, one that is difficult to dismiss.
  14. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,775
    When the private vendors discharged you, your remedy was to go to another. When the government is the decider... tell us more about how you are still free even with government in control of what does and doesn't get paid for in your healthcare. Can you walk away from Wal-government and go to McGovernment? Nope, there is just the one.
  15. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    I'm old, not rich, have been married for 46 years and don't have a mistress. As for sex :laugh::laugh:
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,434
    Unless the government employs doctors (instead of simply paying private vendors as a single payor insureror), allows no competition, bars private practice or alternative medicine, its still an option.
  17. phatGator

phatGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +243
    With electronic notes if the doc is part of a system then what you say in one office is readable in all the offices in the system.
  18. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +797
    As long as you don't eat Cheetos you should be good to go!:asleep:
  19. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +704
    Absurd.....really....do you really think that having the Fed Govt (as in this bloated asinine govt) pry into your private life is a "good idea".

Oh yes, a so-called good doctor needs to know about your sex life, after all STD is bad. Really?

This Outrageous Federal Govt that has done what it has done in the past 5 years is to be trusted with that info? How stupid (no make that naive and compliant one must be) do you take most of us for?

The information you give the dr goes to the bloated Central Planning Machine that wants to send storm troopers to your door step if you step out of line? That "trusted" Fed Govt? My sex life with my spouse is my business. And not the Governments.

Maybe the Patient is not arrogant, not stupid, not wanting to hide something, and not ignorant. Maybe, just maybe, the Patient has a sense of values, privacy, a sense of "need to know".

Maybe when 0bama releases all his college, travel, passport, medical, business etc records, I will tell him my sexual info !!!!!
  20. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,808