Obamacare will be cheaper than your monthly cell phone bill

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Aug 28, 2013.

1. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +134
    I want to disagree with the proposition that all medicaid recipients are mooches. I have personal knowledge that there are many children whose healthcare cannot be provided by their parent or parents.

Are we to conclude that those children [some as young as 3] who are not able to get medical treatment through no fault of their own should suffer because they cannot get treated?

To be clear, I am 68 years old. I work full time to pay for our health insurance. We have paid for the medical care that one of our grandchildren requires. I have paid more in taxes than I care to calculate, and am against ObamaCare.

I cannot, however, accept the premise that all poor children are mooches who deserve no medical care.
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Children are left out of any talk of medicaid. And if you are 68, you should be on Medicare, which you earned.

I'm speaking of the Mooch class. They know who they are. We all do. And no race, geographical area or political party has a Monopoly on mooches. They are everywhere. Most unfortunately will vote for the guy who promises the most freebies. I understand that...it is in their self interest.
  3. neisgator

neisgator Belligerent Gator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    Why do I bother. I mean, for someone to type/say this with a straight face...
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +657
    I own one only to carry on the road in case of emergencies, which so far I haven't had. It's called a Go Phone from AT&T, and I pay a fee of about $110 a year for it.

Sometimes I get calls, because the phone makes these god-awful sounds, but I don't answer, because nobody including me knows what my cell phone number is, so it has to be junk calls.

To anyone who pays $50 (or more) a month for a cell phone, I can only say I hope you're getting your money's worth. (What idiot coined the phrase "Talk is cheap"?)
  5. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +855
    I disagree with this. I've had a cell for quite awhile. When I first got it I had a job with a healthcare plan. Now that I can no longer afford healthcare I'm still keeping my phone. I don't have a landline so it is my main phone. I've had the same provider so it's as cheap as it's going to get. 56 after fees and taxes. Plus it's my mp3 player, GPS, newspaper.. you get the idea. I'm making other sacrifices to get back on my feet but a phone is too important.

Sent from my mind using ESP
  6. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,106
    If my cell phone only worked in places I don't live, this would be a legitimate comparison.
  7. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    My insurance is not subsidized by the rest of you and I can promise it is a helluva lot more expensive than my cell phone bill. And I have not yet seen our increase for 2014. I think our Insurance guy is afraid to give us the bad news.