Obamacare mandate delayed

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,314
    The government is planning on these companies dropping coverage in droves so they can move closer to the single payer system that they really intended to get in the first place.

Then the Dems would have an enormous amount of cash (like they have in Cali through the bogus exchange setup, only on a national scale) to do anything they want, including buying the election again, and again, and again...
  2. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +552
    The phrase "secretary can" 200 times in the law. I'll have to look at the bill again to see if she can delay implementation.
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,525
  4. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +579
    If W did something like this, the media meltdown would be EPIC! They would be printing, "Bush lied, people died!" bumpers stickers (again) in mass.

Yet in this case, it's considered a brilliant political move per the puppets in the whack job left media.
  5. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +552
    When I speak of the Obama Marxist junta I mean it. They just do anything they want. Nobody stops them. The RINOs are impotent and the media is completely complicit.

Fundamental transformation of America is complete.

I'll see you in the Abacos...
  6. cjgator76

cjgator76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
    That is simply false. The employer mandate affects every employer that meets the thresholds, and the affected employers employ a whole lot more than 1% of the workforce.
  7. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    But the bill is affecting everyone who buys insurance as costs are skyrocketing due to mandates in the bill itself. And for those of us who own small businesses and buy insurance for ourselves and workers, it is drop the soap time. For for those purchasing insurance on their own, it is drop the soap times two.
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,964
    Are the consequences of dropping the soap two times covered by the ACA?
  9. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +389
    I have completely given up on anything positive coming from this Asminstration. We were at complete mercy of the parasites and the inept.
  10. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26

"The mandate was criticized for offering employers a hiring disincentive: Those with, say, 52 employees would be encouraged to fire a few workers to avoid the mandate. But few businesses will likely be affected. Businesses with 20 to 99 employees make up less than 9 percent of all employer firms, according to the census.

And health coverage is incredibly high among such midsize firms. Some 87 percent of employers with 25 to 49 workers and 94 percent of employers with 50 to 199 employees offered health benefits in 2012, according to a Kaiser Family Foundation employer health benefits survey. In other words, the vast majority of firms with anywhere from 25 to 199 employees already offer the benefits. And this isn't exactly new news, as my colleague Margot Sanger-Katz pointed out Tuesday:

The employer mandate was expected to have "essentially no effect" on the number of people covered by their companies, according to a 2010 Rand analysis. Rand concluded that large employers would be motivated by their employees' demands more than the prospect of a financial penalty if they failed to offer insurance. The provision never applied to small businesses. "

mobile.nationaljournal.com/healthcare/relax-obamacare-s-employer-mandate-affects-few-businesses-20130703
  11. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    ah yes, another reptitious thread on a topic that is already present in another thread(refer to the Grover Norquist thread). And just like that thread this one is nothing more than a con OP posting an op-ed from an ultra-con site. Followed by a cluster of con circle jerkers doing the same old name spin BS.

circle jerkers--on message boards refers to posters who simply post a comments to stroke others(of same point of view) egos and to poor insults of their own into the thread to receive compliments/strokes from others who are in the circle jerk. Without adding anything other than insults and slurs. While at same time attempting to con people that the opinion in the op-ed is fact. When in fact there may be traces of fact in it but much of it is half truths and falsehoods.

When posters of different point of view post in the thread the circle jerkers respond not by countering the arguments of the poster with differing point of view. But often resort to personal attacks on the poster in a thug like manner. Multiple posts from multiple circle jerkers of comments attacking the poster in such a way as to intimidate that poster from participating on the message board.

My comment directed at this thread is that it is just a blatant PR stunt by cons to flood the board with spin...even resorting to posting multiple threads on same exact topic. What say OP and con posters in this thread to the comments above?
  12. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +184
    And this from the spinmeister himself. Quite revealing.
  13. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    from my previous post

When posters of different point of view post in the thread the circle jerkers respond not by countering the arguments of the poster with differing point of view. But often resort to personal attacks on the poster in a thug like manner. Multiple posts from multiple circle jerkers of comments attacking the poster in such a way as to intimidate that poster from participating on the message board.

no doubt other cons will join previous poster in thuggishly, cowardly/attacking me rather than my argument.

my argument being their wrongfully same topic for multiple threads.

referring to definition of circle jerkers in my previous post....

jerkers will jerk---and con nobody but themselves. And make their own party one that moderates will move away from.
  14. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,956
    Wait...the guy said you were a spinmeister. You spin views for your argument. There are many on this board that do that. It's called arguing your point. How is this a personal insult?

However, as a woman I find the term circle jerk offensive as I do being included in such a term, since you seem to feel all republicans are guilty of that.

Edit: And this from someone who was talking just earlier about the freedoms we enjoy today and how we should remember/honor those freedoms.
  15. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    "Wait...the guy said you were a spinmeister. You spin views for your argument. There are many on this board that do that. It's called arguing your point. How is this a personal insult?"

by throwing it as an insult. To make such a comment without an example(of my making a spin statement) in the thread is an attack on me as a person. Insults are insults, they are not arguments, personal attacks are personal attacks. Presenting an example(of spin) that supports an accusation(of spin) is an attack on the post and not the poster.

buit instead, there are just personal attacks alleging an action. An action that di not occur

--------

I defined circle jerker in this thread in the connotation of conduct of posters on message board. There is nothing sexual or racist, etc in that usage of the term. There are numerous other terms also with multiple definitions in common use. And that some definitions of a word have racial or sexual connotations while other definitions of the same word do not. I stated the connotation the term is being used. If you have grievance on the use of circle jerker being used to describe conduct of posters on this message board. with such connotation in common use on message boards in general. Please feel free to bring it to the attention of a mod. The moderators of the term have reviewed threads in which I used the term as I am using it and have not seen it being wrongfully used as a term.

Frankly if you know of another term that fits the definition of circle jerking(as I posted in an earlier thread) I would cheerfully use it.
  16. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +293
    Give me my free healthcare and I want it now.

signed millions and millions of leeches who voted for your sorry butt.
  17. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +786
    I can't imagine living this angry and spiteful.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +681
    How long has this bill been signed into law? Now they want to delay parts of it for another year. Why? For the betterment of the country and it's citizens. No way! It is being done for the only reason, POLITICS.
  19. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,956
    If the mods have said yes, then it's fine - I'll get thicker skin I suppose. Still relatively new here as far as posting. However, I still stand on not quite understanding how spinmeister equals a personal attack. Some of the other things I've seen directed towards you before threads got pulled...THOSE were personal attacks and completely over the line.
  20. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +140
    This is a political ploy to avoid having to run on what the politicians have sewn during the mid term election, to deny that is to deny reality, plain and simple