Obama wants the country to feel PAIN in order to get his way

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Oct 10, 2013.

1. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +177
    Our deal friend Barney Frank had a far greater part in the housing and financial collapse of 2008 than did G Bush. Far greater. Heck ... it was Bill Clinton who signed Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 ... that effectively repealed Glass-Steagall.
  2. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +665
    Gatornana-

What are the core essential beliefs of the Tea Party?
    Are they not strict Constitutional people?
    Do they not believe in limited Big Government?

The Democratic Party throws up a boogie men (Koch Bros or War on Women) all the while ignoring the Nation's Problem: We have too big a Federal Govt spending way more than we have !

How do you suppose 0bamao and you leftists plan to bring an end to the run away Debt Train (now at $17 Trillion !) ??

Think.

If $1.00 = 1 Second, then $1,000,000 = 11.6 days.
    $1,000,000,000 = 32 Years
    $1 Trillion = 32,000 Years.

5 Years of 0bamao = $8 Trillion in Add'l Debt = 256,000 Years !

Now do you get a grasp of the MAGNITUDE of 0bamao's "fundamentally changing of America" means?

The total wealth of the USA will soon not be able to carry the debt of the nation. One day we will collapse under the weight of that debt since we will not be able to pay the interest on it.....even if all of the wealth and income was confiscated by 0bamao2.0.

Gatornana- please arrange to visit Cuba for 2-3 weeks , not as a tourist, get outside of Havana, go to other cities. Stay with locals. Wander around. Get an inside look at the future. Cuba= free health care. Rationed free food. "Fair" (equal) wages. Free education. High taxes and fees. Lots of minuscule govt regulation.
  3. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    How in the world do you so effortlessly speak out of both sides of your mouth?

You postulate Obama is showing leadership by holding firm. Yet you blame The Tea Party representatives for holding firm.

You say the Tea Party representatives knew what a shutdown would do and the devastitation it would cause. Yet the President would somehow NOT know what a shutdown would do and the devastation it would cause?

If one side is demonstrating leadership then BOTH sides are doing so. Afterall, they both have the same knowledge set you describe.

Good grief. You voted for this ineffective "leader." You actually physically campaigned on his behalf. If anyone is to blame here it is people who voted like you and volunteered like you. You championed a man with no experience, no ability to be in an executive decision making position, and no ability to develp consensus (with political rivals or foreign leaders).

Please do not try to play some game like this.
  4. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +177

LOL ... excellent point. If both parties to a negotiation are dealing in bad faith then they both are equally at fault.

Oh wait .... Harry and Barry refused to negotiate. Doesn't that mean they bear a greater responsibility for whatever results from the "partial slowdown"?

By the way .... if Jack Lew was competent ... there would be no "debt ceiling" crises. I'm beginning to think this is just another fabricated crisis and distraction from the left.
  5. Tomm

Tomm New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Facts are facts and, unlike any GOP President in decades, Obama has actually LOWERED the deficit. By approximately 50% within 4 budget years, to be precise. How did the last guy YOU voted for do ? Let me guess........took over with the budget at a near surplus and left with a $1.2 trillion deficit ? You must be so proud.... :)

Oh, and do please continue posting those laughable total debt figures. As if Obama should have taken office with the economy Bush handed him in total shambles and........instantly thrust the nation into a 2nd Great Depression by cutting, say $800 billion from the $1.2 trillion deficit Bush left him.

Laughable. Totally laughable. Let's all just be glad that we finally again have a Dem in office who will LOWER the deficit left to them by a Republican. As you say.......facts are facts. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  6. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,798
    tommike please
  7. Tomm

Tomm New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Precisely.

You just have to bear in mind that this is the Golden Age of Republican Whining.

Facts are not relevant to them, nor is reality. They have Fox "News" and "News"max to deliver them a more personally appealing set of, ahem, facts.

Hence we are left with numerous hilarious outcomes. Teabaggers shut down the government, then want to blame Obama for.........the govt being shut down. Teabaggers vote for a guy that doubles the debt and turns a budget at near surplus into a $1.2 trillion deficit...............but they want to constantly whine about a guy who chops the deficit in half after 4 years.

One simply couldn't make this comedy up. Since theres only so much to be done to combat these destructive whiners.............the only additional thing to do is to make sure and derive as much pleasure as possible by laughing at them.

So where were we again ? The whiners that shut down the govt are now whining about parts of the govt being shut down ? And they're, as usual, blaming somebody ELSE for the problems they've created ? Oh, boo hoo hooooooo, I'm feeling sad all over for these poor little finger=pointing whiners. The world is such a sad, mean place for them. :(

Heck, next they'll probably even be whining about and blaming that bad bad ole media. :joecool:
  8. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,798
    let's see 2 posts-wonder who you were in your last life on THFSG

you know you guys just can't stay away but lack the intestinal fortitude to own up to who you are and soon you will be gone again
  9. Tomm

Tomm New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    "please" ?

please don't make you have to deal in actual facts ?

so so sad to do that isn't it ? :(

say, Bill.......when's the last time you voted for a POTUS who has actually LOWERED the deficit ? 1952 ? NEVER ?

Me.......I did it in both 2008 and 2012.

Facts, Bill. They may not be your friend.....but they ARE reality. :joecool: :zombie::love:
  10. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,798
    give me a link truman or tommike or blakie that supports your facts
  11. Tomm

Tomm New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I can't give you a link to all of reality, now can I, 'lil sandwich guy buddy.

Sorta weird though, I would have expected you to actually, well...........know something about all these things you post about.

Tell ya what though. Since I cant actually BE you and learn things and funnel the knowledge into your head that you fail to provide yourself......I'll just ask you a few helpful questions.

1. What was the last year a Pub president passed a budget with a lower deficit than existed when he took over the WH ?

2. What is the CBO 2013 deficit forecast to be, and how does that compare to the last Bush deficit of 2009 ?

3. When is the last time YOU voted for a POTUS that left office with a deficit lower than when he took over ?

As for me ? BOTH of the last 2 guys I helped put into the WH lowered the deficit left to them by a Republican. YOU.......just votin' in more big deficit spenders.

You're welcome for the lesson, Billy. You may now continue whining and pretending you don't like and support massive deficit spending. :D
  12. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +966
    Bush never took the blame for anything. He only trumpeted his so called successes.

Please.
  13. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,798
    Bush spent like a drunken sailor

prezBO has doubled him

I am hardly happy with the pubs which is why I left the pub party and am a registered indy-we have to get rid of baseline budgeting and we have to cut spending-you cannot keep spending a trillion a year more than you take in
  14. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +547
    It's blakejah once again. Beaming in from Silver Spring, MD or somewhere close by there. Looks like he was able to sneak down into his parent's basement once again and grab the controls of his folks computer to try and elude the mods here in GC.

Won't last as his cover is blown and the incessant whining and arrogance will be his downfall yet again.

Let's see--that makes a total of 46 ID's he has used since late spring of this year. Sometimes setting a record of being banned 5-6 times in a single day.

What a life huh. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  15. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,798
    as soon as he called me billy I knew it was blakie

still waitin for you to show up at gate 3 hoss
  16. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,798
    back the original premise of the thread-when have we ever had a prez who was as mean spirited and hateful as this sog- hell he didn't even care that he was hurting dems too he just wanted to make it as bad as possible for political gain
  17. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +966
    Dick Cheney was much worse.
  18. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    Thought Bill said PRESIDENT.

You do know Cheney was not and has never been PRESIDENT right? That little fact has not passed you by has it?

But good effort to deflect away from the pure sinister behavior this President and Administration display. Jolly good job.
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    Forcing a government shutdown and then complaining about the pain caused by the shutdown reminds me of the chutzpah (a Yiddish expression) example of the person who murders both of his parents and then asks for mercy from the court because he is an orphan.
  20. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    This is not a government shutdown. Around 90% of the government is open. The very idea that this is a massive problem is comical.

What I, and others, argue is that this Administration intentionally chose the most highly visible areas to close and those that affect the most citizens. Any "business" in such a circumstance would find areas to cut or close that MINIMIZE the impact of any disruption of services to their "customers".

But we have just the opposite here. Is it you cannot or will not admit this reality?