Obama touting Obamacare by saying rates haven't gone up

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Sep 16, 2013.

1. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
  2. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +740
    Both mine and my wife's rates have increased. I know most of my friends have said the same thing. This isn't even taking to account the stories we all have seen or heard on tv/radio/print saying the same thing for people across the country....so where is he getting his facts from?? Thin air lies of course.

But you are right--if he isn't questioned on it by the media, then far too many people who get all their information by listening to The Great Jackass when he is on the tube and actually believe his lying ass when he says everything is fine.

Hussein is a blatant liar--the facts to dispute him are black and white....and all his utterly stupid supporters continue to back him lie after lie after lie. Not limited to the healthcare claims, but everything else which comes out of his worthless mouth.

I utterly detest the jackass we have disgracing the White House since 2009.
  3. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,900
    I have what I consider perfect coverage and I really believe that is is going to be screwed up with this ObamaCare.

I will have to wait until my former employer lets me know in October.
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,345
    Obama's incapable of being honest about a great many things including his socialized medicine..
  5. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +162
    Careful - the IRS will be after you. It is interesting that the Obama administration, which was touted as being the most transparent in history, has elected to hide so much. It has also adopted the philosophy that if something is repeated often enough, it will be taken as the truth.
  6. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,345
  7. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,582
    It was truly amazing listening to him lie through his teeth in that speech today about numerous things concerning the economy.
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,065
    like I said he is the lyingest ........ prez in my lifetime
  9. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,582
    Listening to Bob Beckel spewing the dishonest liberal agenda about Obamacare this morning on Fox was just about as bad too.

While commenting on the overall public's knowledge about Obamacare, Beckel actually had the audacity to compare Obamacare to changing school districts. How people may have heard something bad about that other school district but once their kids are in it, it turns out o.k.

Last time I checked, changing school districts doesn't collapse the economy, and it doesn't cost everyone else around you who doesn't want to change districts enormous amounts of money.

Then he outright LIED and said how Obamacare has actually helped many people! How? It's not even in effect yet? Beckel said it helps him because he has a pre-existing condition, and this statement in itself is absolute bullsh*t because Beckel alreay has insurance through Fox News Corp.!

Does anyone here with a brain honestly think that when Obamacare kicks in that Beckel is going to drop the insurance he already has and go sign up for Obamacare and pay more than twice as much as he does now?

Btw, all those "free" pre-exisiting condition policies? They're all gone since late 2010 because they were a pool of a certain amount of them (about 250,000), and they've already been swooped up, and any others through Obamacare are going to cost the average family about $12,000 a year per pre-existing condition policy.

Can Beckel ever discuss an issue without focing his political brainwashing and lies into it?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,052
    Wow, and the libs in this country are going to believe him, they are in for a shock.
  11. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,345
    Rep.
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +538
    Well the two main national scientific analyses have actually supported the claim that rates are not increasing on the individual insurance market.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2013/MarketCompetitionPremiums/ib_premiums_update.pdf

This report found the lowest cost silver plans to be 19% lower than they would have been had they kept growing at the rate they were growing prior to the passage of ACA. It found that the second most expensive silver rate was 13% cheaper.

The Kaiser foundation found even lower prices for the second-lowest cost silver plan.

http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files...remiums-and-participation-in-marketplaces.pdf

The nice part of these reports compared to a couple of the state reports released by Republican administrations is that they released their methodologies, allowing for an examination of the method in determining accuracy. The Republican analyses tried to remain a black box, which is somewhat suspicious from a research perspective.
  13. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,345
    The Leftists are in denial about not only the expensive/expansiveness of Obama-scam but they even deny the fact that people are getting fired and moved to part-time worker status because of it.
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +538
    1. Provisions of Obamacare are in effect. Pre-existing conditions, people being able to stay on insurance plans for their parents longer, etc. are already in effect.

2. Pre-existing conditions often aren't insured, even if a person can get insurance for other conditions (which I am imagining you can't prove that he has insurance from Fox, right?). That is not legal now.

3. You treat "Obamacare" like it is a form of insurance. You can't sign up for "Obamacare." He will decide whether he wants to keep his current health insurance plan, go on the individual market, or enter something like a high risk pool (if he is eligible). If he has good insurance, he will likely keep his current plan.

4. You are discussing the high risk pool. Many pre-existing conditions would not fall under that high risk pool. It also wasn't free for participants unless they could not afford it.

5. $12,000 in the high risk pool is a lot better than what those families would have been paying without insurance. High risk pools cover people with serious pre-existing conditions requiring substantial medical care, who are thus unattractive to any insurance company. What would your solution for these people be?
  15. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    No reasonable judgments can be made about healthcare reform until it has been fully implemented and functioning for a few years.

Putting it in piecemeal as is the current plan will make it hard to judge at any particular point in time.
  16. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,345
    No! We can avoid that train wreak that's just ahead by repealing that $h!t-burger - Obama-scam. That would be accident prevention on a colossal scale.
  17. theorangebluewinagain

theorangebluewinagain Guest Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +241
    Obama is Pinocchio on steroids.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +146
    Health insurance premiums have been increasing virtually every year. I suppose Obamacare is to blame for a trend going back decades.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Note the trend in insurance premiums in Massachusetts after Romneycare, the model for Obamacare, was adopted in Massachusetts.
    [​IMG]
  19. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,345
    Obama-scam is exacerbating the inflationary costs of healthcare.
  20. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    since the law isn't even in effect----blame your insurance company for jacking up prices

insurance companies do the same thing oil industry does---
    ---any piece of news, legislation, etc that oil companies think they can spin into PR that can con people that price increase is necessary---the companies will do.

so the issue is the insurance companies----

time to create a healthcare system without insurance companies(aka middlemen who just add on to cost)