Obama sites Catholic schools as divisive - no mention of Muslin schools.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Jun 20, 2013.

1. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +922
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,176
    I'm not sure how any reasonable person could read that statement and come to the conclusion ("Catholic schools are divisive") Breitbart and the OP did.
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,427
    his discriminatory tone has always been there- people just refused to here it
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,176
    Or maybe its not there, and some people are just wanting to hear it. Or "here" it.
  5. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +922
    wgbgator - you obviously know nothing about Ireland.
  6. ironhead1

ironhead1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +366
    He said"if towns remain divided.....if Catholics have their own schools..."

What do you think he means by that statement?

I sent my two to Catholic schools pre-k through 12
    They have not been influenced by union activists leftist that dominate the so called public schools
    They have been confronted, cajoled and ostracized by profs on College, but both have stood their ground smug in their principles and strong proven belief system.

Obama and the leftists want your kids, they NEED your kids' young minds to twist into their leftists ideology
    Just like they want 11 million illegal aliens,they need future voters that care more about style and nothing about substance.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,522
    Obama is a master at the blatantly obvious oblique reference so as to make his point without having to "own" it. For instance, in Germany he vows to "redouble our efforts" to close Gitmo - much to the roar of the crowd. Well, 2 X 0 = 0; but, the statement - and his actions - are technically true. In 2010, 2011 he gave speeches asking "who are these Tea Party folks"? "where do they get their funding?" But, you will never find a memo from him to use the IRS to hassle conservative groups and donors. Plausible deniability - he's a master. Remember Rev. Wright's church and the sermons given there? No divisiveness there, no, none, not at all...But, there again, he "just attended" and didn't necessarily "agree" with what was being said. He knows nothing, vows to correct everything and positions himself as the average man's defender and protector - which has worked well for him...until recently.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. wygator

wygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,116
    He knows nothing of what goes on in Catholic schools.

He does know that Catholic institutions oppose his birth control mandates.
  9. jmoliver

jmoliver Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    I sent my two kids to public school and NEVER once where they influenced by "union activist leftists". They also have a strong proven belief system that they learned at home. PS. I went to Catholic School.
  10. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,094
    Isn't their some irony in a public official calling a private school divisive when the public schools prohibit expressions of religion?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  11. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    I attended public during the entirety of my K-12 education and I don't necessarily think it was overrun by union activity lefists. I think there are a lot out there, but they're not the vast majority or anything.

I think, personally, public schools, and most private schools, are jokes of "educational instutitions" anyway. I would wager to say a lot of the people from my youth who grew up in the local private schools were comparably immoral and entitled to those I grew up with in public school, if not more so. All personal anecdotes obviously.
  12. ironhead1

ironhead1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +366
    Ha ha. That's funny.

Public schools are so full of union activists leftists I can only think of one word that adequately describes it..........abscess

It's disgusting and it's real
  13. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +864
    The "leftist" activity in public schools is not blatant, it is for the most part, subtle.

The Lesbian women's tennis coach who has a female/female affair with the 18 yr old Sr girl. 18 yr old is consenting adult. Coach passively seduced or influenced?

The 12 years of continually teaching indirectly that we are direct descendants of apes. That is a world view, imho a religion.

The 12 yr of teaching tolerance, diversity, cucumber/condoms, etc...is that not leftist influence as opposed to rightist influence. Safe sex vs abstinence. Homosexuality is ok not a sin, is that not a leftist stance?

For the most part, public schools do not embrace Absolute Truth. They present information (solely from the left's world view) but they do not teach wisdom.
  14. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Do they? We had a prayer group at my high school. I was a member, so I should remember this ...
  15. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,094
  16. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,423
    Is everyone sure they've got appropriate context for this issue with Obama?

He was speaking to an Irish audience with a long (if not real recent) history of bloody violence between Catholics and Protestants, and trying to encourage people to get to know each other outside of sheltered confines, where prejudices fester.

Not sure there's many if any Muslims in Ireland so that wouldn't even be relevant.

Personally, I think he should do a better job at home before preaching to other countries. Walk the walk if you're gonna talk the talk. But I'm not sure that in context he said anything inappropriate.

As far as Catholic schools go, my daughter starts in a Catholic high school this fall and we are not Catholic. Everything I've heard from them is they are open to students of all beliefs, as long as the students are respectful of all beliefs. That's just one school, but I can't imagine anyone finding anything divisive in that, and would hope our POTUS wasn't trying to talk about schools in the U.S. like the one my daughter will be attending.
  17. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,427
    I suspect we will all see or hear what we want to see or hear in his comments

I have little faith or trust in obama and his doing the right thing and still fervently believe he wants to destroy the America that I grew up knowing- in my no so humble opinion he is already well on his way
  18. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    suggest OP go back to school--public, Catholic, Muslim, whatever ---to learn the difference between 'sites' and 'cites'.
  19. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,451
    Wow you placed his "sites" squarely in your sights and cited him for it.
  20. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,427
    I think hidden somewhere in old's nursing background is a school teacher who taught spelling, penmanship, and grammar.