1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Obama, singlehandedly, forces the US to lose the war in Iraq

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncbullgator, Jun 17, 2014.

1. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,462
    as usual, you post some funny shit.
    it takes some serious balls, and a warped sense of humor to post dick frickin cheney's opinion on the current situation in iraq.
    i salute you!
  2. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,230
    Turkey has a relatively peaceful democracy in the region--they are a neighbor of Iraq, in fact. Iraqi people can be educated and disarmed, within one generation. It just requires a commitment and financing. The Iraqis have plenty of oil, so the financing should not be a problem. GWB's mistake (one of them, anyway) is that he was thinking in terms of short-term success and did not realize that getting an election and turning over power to someone in Iraq was not the same thing as establishing democracy. Obama still could succeed in Iraq where GWB failed--by using the Sunni/AQ insurgency to bargain with Al-Maliki to get favorable terms for a U.S. or U.N. takeover. Once we are in control in Iraq again, we can arrange for a long-term conversion to democracy. The U.N. should take over the schools in Iraq, and the U.S. should manage the military, the economy, and the politics in Iraq. Do not attempt to have national elections until Iraqis demonstrate that they are ready to govern themselves as Iraqis, and not as Sunnis and Shi'ites. If the three groups cannot make peace even after a generation, then create three countries. Put someone intelligent in charge of Iraq, not an idiot like Bremer. Prevent the neighboring countries from practicing foreign policy in Iraq. It would take a while, but we could make it work.

The U.S. has a bad habit of throwing money and weapons at people in other countries, and expecting them to feel grateful and support our goals. Unfortunately, this rarely happens. Money and weapons means power, and causes these people to develop their own set of goals that runs contrary to U.S. goals. Pakistan is a perfect example. We provided the Pakistani army with weapons and ammo to fight terrorism, and many soldiers turned over the ammo to Taliban fighters in Afghanistan to kill American infidels. Foolish. Step 1 toward introducing democracy is to disarm the people, not to hand out weapons.
  3. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,462
    hey look who got mooned in ireland as well!
    yep, there's some of that goodwill towards america that got lost due to obama, lol
    [​IMG]
  4. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,462
    here's australia's welcome wagon for president bush:

[​IMG]
  5. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,462
    so, you get the idea, right? about that world wide goodwill.......you were saying?

edit:
    last but certainly not least, germany weighs in on the moon shot.

[​IMG]

in their defense, he did sort of disrespect angela merkel, when he massaged her shoulders.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  6. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +621
    Seriously..grow up and stop posting profanity. Your posts look even more ignorant when you insist on cursing so often. Is that how you were raised?
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  7. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    Hey, at least someone has the guts to admit that "become a colonial power and govern Iraq from thousands of miles away for the next hundred years" is the counter-proposal.

Of course you could count the total number of people not affiliated with a government contractor who are actually interested in trying to completely rebuild Iraq with the full admission that it will be a major, major undertaking for the next century on your fingers and toes, but at least someone proposed something other than "just complain that we didn't do the exact opposite of whatever it is that we decide to do."
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,462
    this! loving the way you fellas on the other side of the aisle jumped all over my posts regarding saddam as if i felt he was some sort of boy scout.
    and that wasn't my intent at all. but when you look at the things that were stable, and keep in mind we don't really give a shit about abusive dictators (unless there's oil, because there are a lot of abusive dictators in the world that we don't do anything about)
    review the bolded above. he was a devil, but it was stable.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ncbullgator

ncbullgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +433
    You act like a two year old vert.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,462
    coming from you, that is a sensational compliment.
    actually i dont take you serious at all, so i honestly don't care what you think of me, i sleep well without knowing
    its of 'low importance to me' but look at you conversing with a two year old.
  11. richmondgator81

richmondgator81 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    The Dick lovers in here are getting cranky because vertigo is owning them left and right.

Somebody protect their virgin eyes from all the terrible profanity!

lulz
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Couldn't possibly that both your strawman arguments are wrong to begin with.... Noooo....
  13. dynogator

dynogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +283
    No, I'm not stalking you. Just wondering when you'd return to expound on your original post.

You know who's responsible for the problems in the Middle East? Middle Easterners. Short of an all-out military invasion and gigantic baby-sitting occupation, by us, until the end of time, we're just fly specks on that particular dung heap. I don't want another invasion, nor do I want an expensive, and probably futile, occupation.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +621
    More mature and intellectual postings from the loony left. Whatever keeps you from focusing on the disaster in the White House I guess. The only thing verti owns is the record for longest postings saying very little other than shock value words used mostly by teenage boys. Good try though..
  15. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    Right wing 101:

When you can't refute what someone is saying, press back of hand to forehead and pronounce you are overcome by "The Vapors" at the unseemly language they are using.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. GatrHeel

GatrHeel Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    While conveniently overlooking the "shock value words" used by someone in their cheering section.

17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +696
    Very optimistic to say look, Turkey is geographically close to Iraq, so what works in Turkey will work in Iraq. But examine each country's respective history, and the only thing they have in common is geographic proximity. Turkey has a long history of a united people dating back for generations. For example, the Ottoman Empire was a few hundred years old when it fought in WWI. In contrast, the country we know today as "Iraq" wasn't formalized until the British drew the maps in 1933!

Turkey has little to no history of infighting and sectarian violence, especially on the scale that Iraq does. The Turks aren't fractured into 3 distinct groups that have been fighting each other for generations, though recent history, Turkey has had some issues that make it more like Iraq. But that's because since the late 70's, Turkey has had issues with foreign colonial-style rulers and and uprising in religious factions that threaten to fracture the unity of the country.

Iraq will never be a western style democracy until the power that is in charge respects the rights of those not in power. We are nowhere near that point, as the goal of every Iraqi leader has been crush the opposition until they cower. Today, the Iraqi people are proving this to be true again.

No amount of planning, UN intervention, and leadership is going to change a country who has separate factions hell bent on killing each other if left to their own devices. It just won't work.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Eh, the majority of Iraq was a part of the Turkish Empire so that's a tough way to sell that argument.
  19. nolagator

nolagator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    I thought it was in Persia?
  20. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    That's Iran.