Obama Says Racial Animus Blunts Approval, New Yorker Reports

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Jan 20, 2014.

1. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    Presidents don't want to be pinned down to anything in their language except where it serves their purposes. That's why Cheney and Bush focused on softball lobbing Fox when they wanted to get a message out without being challenged.
  2. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,393
    of course you cannot prove that - but since you seem to have daily orgasms over Fox it hardly surprises me you would believe or say this
  3. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +410
    Crap, I always thought his mother was white.
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +494
    I thought Obama was our first bi-racial President. Maybe he hates his momma and denies her existence....
  5. DowntownGator

DowntownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +491
    Black people like Obama would never dislike a president because he is white! So he has a good point that only white people can be racists.

But, then again, Obama is only half black.

Or half white.

Therefore, he must be racist half the time.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. rajinGator

rajinGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,764
    Widely predicted long ago El Presidente would counter with the race card when things get really bad. This epic disaster of a roll out brought its shameless call.
  7. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Fred, I was 15 in 2000 and couldn't have cared less at the time. But I think the "compassionate conservative"-movement, if you could even call it that, was nothing compared to what Obama had in '08. There was a media-led world-wide drunken endorsement of Obama. It's why Conservatives are the way they are out about it - I think there were even a good amount of Republicans who got sucked into the whirlwind hype of it all and thought for a second, "man, maybe these people right, maybe this guy is the real deal." I had a friend in the military who had a poster of Obama up in his apartment; Think about that for a second. A poster of a politician for goodness's sake. He had done nothing before becoming President to warrant the type of adoration he received.

It's why it's important for us to go into deeper discussions as to who exactly the people we're electing into office are, why they want to get elected, and how they got in the position of being electable in the first place.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,826
    1/2 white, 1/2 afro-arab.

No African American in his bloodline. 0. None, zilch, nada. Period.

Amazing how so many are unable or unwilling to recognize this.

all that aside, it is his policies and his complete disconnect from reality that is his real problem. most unqualified, empty suit, Manchurian candidate mouthpiece to ever hold the office. sad reflection of the electorate ability to judge a candidate on their ability and experience
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +837
    And he's basically admitting he got a chance because of his race. But he screwed up his job so badly, people are regretting giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Which should be a huge lesson for this country when it comes to how we consider race, gender, sexual persuasion or whatever other interest group clamoring for benefits not granted to others outside their clans.
  10. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    There is no doubt that our media gets enamored with a candidate and seems to ignore all of the flaws.

They did the same thing in 2000. The media was so sick of all things Clinton they became fascinated by Bush and his "new type of conservative" crap and never pressed him on anything, either.

My point is: it has little to do with left or right and it is more about the media's desire from time to time to have something fresh and different to cover more than anything else.
  11. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,556
    What's your point? This administration is just the left's version of that administration. I called it from day one, "The Bush of the Left" and nothing they have done has proved me wrong. Their entire agenda is driven by leftist special interests just as the Bush administration was driven by right-wing special interests. That's the problem when you elect faces instead of real leaders.
  12. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,556
    This is somewhat true. Chris Matthews, in particular, never missed an opportunity of slam Gore and/or his campaign. Of course, his analysis back then was more like a color guy in football in that he just seemed to have no respect for Gore as a candidate and hated his overall campaign. But he threw any semblance of professionalism to the wind with Obama and may end up regretting it. Seems this president doesn't have the traction they thought he would and now Matthews is seen as nothing more than a partisan hack. Hardball was actually a decent show back in 2000.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +837
    Totally agree. I used to love Hardball. Matthews can be a bit of a jerk at times, ala O'Reilly, but I used to love his guests and the political analysis that took place there.

But Matthews lost all objectivity when it came to Obama, except when he's criticized him for being weak. No criticism of the actual policies or politics, just that his administration was weak in responding to Republicans at times.

Sad to see Chris go whole hog, calling Republicans racist and all the other half-witted, intellectually weak defenses MSNBC hosts have offered up for those who don't agree with the supreme leader.
  14. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,285
    I think Obama's comments really speak to his extreme narcissistic personality. To him, actual accomplishments mean little. I mean, he was the first person in history to be given the Nobel Peace Prize for the color of his skin. It has to be confusing for him to have the media slobbering all over him before he actually does anything, and then to see the media covering up his mistakes and shortcomings. It is probably natural for a shallow person like Obama to think that the liberal media represents how everyone feels about him, except for people who hate him for no reason (i.e., the "racists").
  15. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,246
    I agree, I used to watch Hardball all of the time. He was objective and reminded me more of what Tip O'Neal used to be, partisan but open to discussion. Now he talks and acts like a hack.
  16. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    Yes, Dave is right.
  17. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,170
    Even O'Reilly said tonight that it was factually correct. No one will deny that there are people out there (the numbers certainly can be debated) who voted for or against him based on his race. Not sure why this is newsworthy, it should be something that everyone realizes.
    But Obama did what he often does, he drew a moral equivalency between opposite sides of an argument to appear non-partial, or try and make everyone sound similar.
  18. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +492
    poor poor guy He had rather blame people for not liking him because he is black rather than admitting that people have finally woke up and realize he is a piss poor excuse for a President. But he has to come up with some excuse for his poll numbers dropping every day m Maybe he would feel better if we all sent him a symphony card Of course sense he is half white and had to get a large portion of the white vote to get elected just how dumb is he to believe that

President Obama thinks some people don’t like him because of his race.

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black President,” Obama told The New Yorker’s David Remnick in the magazine’s Jan. 27 issue.

“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black President,” he added.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/19/obama-some-folks-dont-like-me-because-im-black/
  19. g8rnbft

g8rnbft VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +177
    If he gets the "benefit of the doubt" , he is ahead of the game, 'cause thats way more than he has earned.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,285
    Just because something is technically correct, does not mean it is something that should come out of a president's mouth. When Obama says things like this, he is clearly implying that racism is one of the main reasons that people do not accept his ideas. He can't prove that (probably because it isn't true). He seems to have a hard time accepting the idea that he was considered a radical extreme liberal when he was in the Senate (and this is with him keeping quiet as much as possible to have a blank slate to run for president!), and people might not agree with someone with a radical agenda, especially one that includes re-distribution of wealth.