Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

obama says if you watch Fox News you are living on another planet compared to those who listen toNPR

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jan 13, 2018.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I see former prezbo is still the great divider

https://ijr.com/the-declaration/201...59961628&utm_medium=email&utm_source=hs_email

from the article:

In a new interview with David Letterman, who is hosting a new talk show on Netflix, the former president said Fox News viewers are “living on a different planet” than people who regularly get their news from other networks.

Obama’s comment came after Letterman asked if he considers President Donald Trump’s constant cries of “fake news” or potential international interference into the 2016 presidential election a bigger threat, as Fox News reported.

“One of the biggest challenges we have to our democracy is the degree to which we don’t share a common baseline of facts,” Trump’s liberal predecessor replied. “If you watch Fox News, you are living on a different planet than you are if you are listening to NPR.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What do you expect from a guy born in one of those sh**hole countries?

Oh and nice work with the title, but you forgot to cut off the context of the comment here.

3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    No, he didn't say 'another planet', he said 'different planet'. There's a difference. 'Another planet' has a negative connotation to it that 'different planet' does not. And what he said is absolutely true. Fox viewers and NPR listeners are in different worlds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. g8orbill

Apr 3, 2007
    I did not forget to cut off anything

I posted exactly what was in the article

5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    There was another that was deleted, I imagine for being just as misleading as Bill's. As I said on that one: Who would have guess that a Fox viewer would post something misleading?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Damn the torpedoes! Moderator Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    If Obama said it, he must be right.

7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Comparing Fox News viewers with NPR viewers
    [​IMG]

8. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Wow, when it comes to knowledge, it's almost like Fox News viewers and NPR listeners on living in ... different worlds!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. g8orbill

Apr 3, 2007
    if you want to post your little comparison atleast post a link so we can see what liberal site your little map came from- obama said what I posted

10. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Wait, you're serious?

11. g8orbill

Apr 3, 2007
    what is misleading about what I posted

those were your beloved former prezbo's exact words

12. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    probably because you only posted half the sentence which gives an entirely different meaning than if you posted the whole sentence. But I suspect you knew that.

13. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Unfortunately, the locked thread is already gone. But it was misleading because you didn't include the entire sentence for context, as was explained when that thread was locked prior to it being deleted.

15. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information Swimmin with bowlegged women Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thank you Barry Soetero, foreign student from Indonesia. The one with the sealed school records and the CIA front company employment history.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. g8orbill

Apr 3, 2007

I posted 3 paragraphs of the article including his statement-please explain how it is misleading

17. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Are thread titles permitted that are misleading and inaccurate? Maybe the poster didn’t read the article.

What president obama actually said per the article...

“One of the biggest challenges we have to our democracy is the degree to which we don’t share a common baseline of facts,” Trump’s liberal predecessor replied. “If you watch Fox News, you are living on a different planet than you are if you are listening to NPR.”

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  18. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    I think I just did. The full sentence has an entirely different meaning than half of it.
    Apparently, your excuse "Hey, I wasn't misleading. I just posted a misleading article!"

19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    People are arguing that your title is misleading. Which is why the last time somebody posted this in the same way, it was locked and deleted. It might match the title of the article, but that comes down to your choice of media source not being able to produce a headline that is considered accurate enough for this board.

20. g8orbill

Apr 3, 2007

are you unable to read
    in my op I posted 3 paragraphs that included his entire sentence