1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

obama refuses to discuss terror level

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Aug 6, 2013.

1. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,418
    Let's try a different approach.

I posted (twice now) what the POTUS said, in fielding the question--and, as you contend, therefore 'discussed' the issue. Ok...so....what were you able to discern from that in depth, thought provoking, dignified, informed 'discussion' on the issue, that you couldn't have, had he actually not said anything at all?
  2. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,466
    Some people wear knee pads 92
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    Obama's statements and stance on Bengazi and the Fort Hood shooting are terrorble.
  4. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    It seems to me that Obama's refusal to use the term terror is based on one or more of the following:

1. Fear of admitting that terrorism really exists.

2. Fear of offending Muslims.

3. Pure politics.

4. Hoping that if the term is not used, terrorism will cease to exist.

The shooting at Ft. Hood is "WORK PLACE VIOLENCE." Tell that to those who were shot, the families and friends of the victims and those who serve in the military.
  5. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,418
    LOL! :grin:

(W. probably wouldn't even get that joke).
  6. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    You speak like someone with a lot of personal experience....
  7. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,466
    yep jdr- you got me
  8. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    I don't find your opinion of how Obama should discuss issues clever or interesting nor do I have one about how he should discuss this particular one. The fact is that he did - in contradiction to the thread title - and neither divulged classified information, slandered anyone, or was caught in a bold face lie. What else do you expect from presidents when discussing these kind of events.

Nevermind.
  9. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    I think you confuse glib recitation of bumper sticker ideas with intelligent discussion. You yourself brought up Toastmasters. Obama OTH takes his time, thinks whie he talks, and conveys intelligent and nuanced ideas that probably go over your head or you find to offensive to even consider given your extreme right wing ideology.

As to his record, he graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law, as well as being elected president of the Law Review. According to a classmate who later served in the Bush WH and is a past officer of the Federalist Society, Obama had a "first class legal mind" and earned both his position on the review and his honors degree.

I suppose you can believe anything you want - and will - but can you truly imagine W graduating MCL from Harvard Law, or being hired to be a lecturer in constitutional law at the relatively conservative U of Chicago? No, I thought not.
  10. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,826
    So that he can't complete an unscripted sentence without "um" or "uh" only bespeaks his great intellect. What in mere mortals are errors to be fixed so that they don't sound uncertain or unknowledgeable, are in him, signs of his careful contemplation.

FFS, do you realize how you sound?

Paragraph 2 -- entirely generic Presidential CV items. Sorry, but they are. Of course, in others, they are also often accompanied by professional distinctions as well, private or public sector. Obama's meaningful accomplishments are all academic... and all entirely sequestered from public scrutiny. He was an adjunct con law professor with mediocre student reviews. He is what happens when those guys who spend four years tabling for various crap at Turlington Plaza wake up as President.
  11. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    I've already responded to your preference for glib delivery of simple thoughts so no need to belabor.

On the "generic Presidential CV", really? Who was the last Magna Cum Laude law review, constitutional law professor president - or equivalent - we had? W? next. Clinton? Rhodes scholar, so that's smart. HW? PBK, which puts him in about the top 10% of BA holders and certainly not even an automatic Yale/Harvard Law acceptance, though with his family name probably. RR? next. Carter? nuclear science form Navy, so yeah, pretty smart (are you detecting a pattern of Democrats vs Republicans in the smartness quotient?) Ford? Michigan 9state tution, not a genius by anyone;s standards. Nixon? by all accounts a smart guy with a Duke law degree. JFK? Maybe one of the least intellectually accomplished democrats. Harvard degree but.... Ike? Truman? I'm not seeing the same pattern you are.

Of course some consideration should be given to our abilities to judge superior mental acuity in our presidents, given that I don't think either of us would be shoe-ins for Harvard Law, let alone Magna Cum Laude grads. But then maybe there is something about you I don't know or which is not obvious from your posts.
  12. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,418
    IOW: you weren't able to discern anything from his comments which you couldn't discern from him not speaking. IOW: He didn't *discuss* the topic. He dodged it, and sought to divert attention away from it.

But you insist on waving your pom poms--'rah rah for the president'--and maintianing this faux defense, and attacking the 'thread title'.

FYI: the tread title was essentially a paraphrase of the title of the article linked in the OP:

Take up your petty, faux defense with Mr. Koffler. The OP (Bill) was perfectly justified in titling his thread as he did, even if your passionate defense of your hero--that he did discuss it, y'all just do like how he chose to do so--is technically, accurate--or at rather, arguably within the bounds of the outerlimits of truth.

Ok, so he acknowledged that something caused the embassies to close.

That doesn't rise to the level of *discussing* it, or 'talking to America about the error threat level'.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    How old are you? Your staggering naivete around what you think a president is ever going to say to the public about a specific incident involving security issues is off the charts.
  14. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,418
    The only 'naivete' of which I may be guilty here, is of holding our current PO(TU)S to any kind of a normal standard.

e.g.--Benghazi was perpetrated by random dissidents in response to a you tube vid.

That kind of whopper about a serious national security issue, is somehow acceptable to you. It is insulting to me. If that makes me 'naive,' then it makes you culpably complict.
  15. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,418
    For kicks:

http://freebeacon.com/whistleblower...sam-missiles-stolen-by-some-very-ugly-people/