Obama pivots to Jobs....again

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Jul 24, 2013.

1. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Why does he feel he needs to sell the poor lemmings paid/coerced/bribed to attend these lame speeches/photo ops. If he has such a great job creation record, it would seem other people (MSM, unemployed libbie bloggers and Obama knee pad gang) would take care of this for him. Of course the dirty little secret is the % of part time jobs in service industries.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-why-barack-obama-brag-164500890.html

I think he just likes to fly out on AF1, take a nap, give a 1 hour speech, shake down some naïve libbies for cash at a fund raiser, jump back on AF1, take another nap, have 2 glasses of wine and fly back to DC where he can rationalize that he worked his ass off today.
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,698
    I'll believe Barry is serious about jobs when he:

Reforms the tax code
    Lowers the corporate tax rate
    Rolls back the Unaffordable Care Act.
    Removes the barriers to small businesses
  3. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    The other highlight of his speech today was the use of the terms "phony scandals" and "fake scandals". Jay Carney and Obama seem to be in competition as to how many times they can use these expressions in a speech or news conference. Only thing fake or phony is the guy we have elected twice to highest office in the land.
  4. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,680
    Rush nailed that "Limbaugh Theorem" -- he spends all his non-vacation time running around stumping against "Washington" even though he is Washington, he runs Washington, and for 5 years he has set the course of the ship of state, with his only nominal opposition a GOP that always folds.
  5. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +492
    Yep, this clueless lawyer has been in Washington for almost nine years now and still isn't much more than a cheerleader with an expensive teleprompter.
  6. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +609
    Let's face it - the guy has a great schtick going on: he decries this vague "Washington" has all his meals, transportation, housing, vacations, etc. paid for all the while popping his head out every now and then to give a speech. My hat's off to him as a great opportunist. Frankly, he's kept much of the Bush policies (Gitmo, buddying up to Wall Street) while coming up with (or allowing Pelosi/Reed to come up with) Obamacare then being smart enough to delay its effects until after the next election. Meanwhile he's rewarded many of his friends w/ government grants and guaranteed loans on worthless green companies so that his future in hobknobbing with the elite, opportunities to get $250,000 per speech and a Professorship at ________________ University are set in stone. I don't like much of his "professed" politics; but, I give this "Music Man" credit - he's capitalized on all that trouble down in River City.
  7. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    LMAO- I'm watching Obama on the news giving his speech to an audience in Galesburg, IL and they superimposed a speech he gave in 2005. Same speech. Look at the audience. How many in attendance are not on food stamps.

This has become pathetic. Obama, just go away. You have become irrelevant. No one cares what you say. You have become a caricature to all but the libbie, lefty knee pad wearers. Go to Nantucket or the vineyard or Hawaii and disappear for the next 3 1/2 years and we will get some things done.
  8. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +762
    The key question on this is are they shovel ready.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Obama's not pivoting as the OP suggests, he's slithered... like the slug that he is.
  10. RealDeal

RealDeal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    another campaign speech in his second term, talking about "equality" -- he should be figuring specifics about creating jobs, eliminating waste and fraud in the budget and lowering the obscene taxes in the u.s.
  11. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +545
    He keeps speaking of the the time left he has in office. It occured to me, that by continually speaking of time left in his term, is he sending out a trial balloon to see if a movement to change the law about serving only two terms, could actually be a reality?
  12. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +309
    Let me guess, Congress is once again in his way from implementing more government spending to prop up the economy. When I heard he actually said he would grow the economy from the middle class out, I thought to myself, there is no way the he and Dems are that clueless. How does the consumer group, which is the middle class get there money? This has never worked nor will it ever work. The job providers are the upper middle to upper class. They give the financial means to the consumer group, not the government. He is such an a$$ it's beyond comprehension.
  13. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +276
    Not possible

"Serrano has introduced the bill before, in 2003, 2009 and 2011 with no success. H.J.R. 15 would require a two-thirds majority vote in favor in both the House and Senate and a majority of support from state legislatures.

With the debate over the fiscal cliff dominating most of the discussion on Capitol Hill of late, the legislation has managed to slip under the radar.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/democrat-plan-lets-obama-run-for-3rd-term/
  14. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    "Republicans in Congress will not pass an infrastructure bill or cooperate on Obamacare implementation because the White House asks them to. They will, however, have to pass two items in the fall: a "continuing resolution" that keeps the government open, and a debt ceiling increase that lets it borrow more money.
    There is no real upside in these fights. A "good outcome" is that policy stays the same and the economy is undisrupted. But downside risk is real: Republicans could disrupt the financial markets by creating another scare about whether the government will make payments on time, or they could succeed in attaching austerity measures that destimulate the economy.
    With only worse options than the status quo available, the White House has to make the case that we haven't been doing so badly with the policies we have. Hence the brag about the last four years' job growth. Unemployment is falling, a bit. Debt-to-GDP is stabilizing, albeit at a ratio in the mid-70s. Housing has recovered, somewhat. Do we really want to do anything to disrupt that?
    The legislative fights of the next four months are going to be good for me and anyone else who covers U.S. economic policy for a living. For the rest of the country, they will be pretty depressing."

At least the economy is moving in the right direction, albeit slowly. But what policies have the republicans enacted to improve the economy over the past 5 years?
  15. bludigal

bludigal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    So, is it me or is there a reason we just keep buying debt instead of having ever invested in infrastructure, employed people and had something to show for it? Shove ready could have been shovel ready by now, I would hope.
  16. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +379

Obama's next conquest is the UN
  17. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Someone wake us up in 3 1/2 years. We are all fatigued at his bs speeches. America does not need another Obama speech....about anything. We need new "job friendly-business friendly" policies. So that means we need to wait him out.