Obama lied. My health plan died.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Sep 25, 2013.

1. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,143
    It's all about party.

Harry Reid himself said he would never support defunding Obamacare, even though he agreed with Max Baucaus that the bill was a train wreck. It's never about doing what's right for America, it's about enforcing their power and control.
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +268
    Liberals are selfish. They just want their way no matter the damage it will cause.

Debt-libs don't care as long as they get them some ebt.
    HCA-so what if people lose their plan and work less than 40 hours-they got their way.
    No refineries-libs don't care if gas is high, long as they get their way.
  3. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,202
    • Like Like x 1
  4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,902
    Great video. I'm sure most people here will blast that he works for Fox; however, I do believe he's right especially about the end of "private" doctors. Already, you're seeing a lot of single doctors/small practices merging with larger hospitals/networks, etc. There are medical groups up here that are huge because it centralizes everything. Now, while it's convenient, they keep everything in-house. Good luck getting a referral to a doctor out of the group. X-rays/MRIs, done in-house. Labs, done in-house - even if the lab isn't close to you. I don't know about losing the so-called small town doctor, especially in really rural areas, but I do see mid-range populations losing a lot of private practice doctors to larger groups/hospitals, or even just working straight for the insurance company.

I also see the "or else" argument he's making - that the doctor will have one "approved" method of treating a patient, or else he won't get paid. Never mind if that's the standard of care, or if that's what's best for the patient - the treatment better be approved by the federal government, the same bunch of screwballs in Washington I wouldn't trust to shoot monkey crap at a dart board.
  5. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    funny how all these things are being blamed on Obamacare----when Obamacare isn't in effect yet.

looks like insurance companies are bilking the PR they(insurance companies, etc) are pouring out.

My guess is, the insurance companies don't want to have to deal with really competing with other insurance companies that will occur when Obamacare is in effect.

BTW---there are already numerous projections from within insurance industry of insurance companies lowering prices to consumers in order to beat out the real competition once Obamacare is in effect.

The prices that are up going right now are simply insurance companies doing some last minute rip-off of consummers before Obamacare is in effect.

A con poster made some comment about libs, etc not liking competition

my reply is---businesses don't like competition......To the poster who sold his restaurants and is blaming Obama.....when you first decided to set up your restaurants did you deliberately set up you business right next door to restaurants geared for same demographic as yours? Gee, if you really like competition you would set up a sub restaurant in a strip mall that has Jon Smith, Miami Subs, Subway, Marcos, and 20 mom and pop sub shops within 150 feet of your shop.
  6. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +2,902
    And the same argument can be made that since even its own supporters don't know the full effect (the whole we'll see once it goes into effect mess), you don't know whether it's the insurance companies "bilking" consumers, or preparing for the higher costs associated with Obamacare.
  7. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    one thing about corporate bilking in regard to projections. Have you seen corporations lower their prices to pre-rumor level if the rumors/projections don't come to pass?

The nature of Obamacare to force insurance companies to actually compete with each other in the market place(without the collusion of companies that is typical) may mark the first time(I recall) that companies would actually lower prices to pre rumor/projection level. with the rumors/projections from health insurance companies predicting higher prices.

BTW--there is info from insurance industry that their prices to customers will be forced, via competition, will be lower once Obamacare is in full effect. And that cuts into their profit levels.

Thing is, true competition would result in some insurance companies being able to lower prices and compete for customers and other insurance companies going under(namely the ones who can't or won't lower prices to customers sufficiently to compete with other companies). Isn't that as it should be in the marketplace? Or do you ascribe to the Special Olympics version of marketplace--namely that the rules of the marketplace be made so that every company succeeds regardless of their competence or quality of product.
  8. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Michelle Malkin calling someone a liar. LOL!!! Priceless!
  9. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    my health plan costs are going up $425 next year, with more restrictions and less services available. How can that happen?
  10. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Under the ACA you should have fewer restrictions and more coverage. That's the main reason it may cost some people more, especially if they're young.
  11. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,985
    This goes back to where to dems dbl counted their numbers to get the supposed cost of this boondoggle under a trillion dollars

It cuts 500 billion from Medicare and then they use that 500 billion on obamacare - which means it is actually a zero sum gain- but if course the dems counted it not once but twice
  12. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,143

Vote for the most clueless post of the thread. Wow Old, you really looked foolish making this post. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about, when I have half a dozen friends who've lost their jobs because Obama was re-elected and would still be pushing Obamacare through.

Btw, if you want Obamacare coverage, then go get it, but don't force it on me and then make me pay a fine because I don't want it.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    1. that is what someone is telling you(most likely the insurance company).
    2. Obamacare isn't in effect
    3. Tip, wait til after Obamacare goes into effect and see if the insurance companies drop prices due to being forced to compete for your money.

right now insurance companies are jacking prices to
    ---do negative PR against a politican's bill that is geared to force insurance companies to compete for customers.
    ---hopefully sucker punch some customers into buying policy now when they are jacking up policy prices....before the quite real likelihood that policy prices will decrease after ACA goes into effect and the insurance companies actually have to compete with each other to deliver reasonable policy prices to customers.
  14. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +2,902
    You keep taking about the insurance companies doing this to get people to "buy" more expensive insurance, but these are preexisting customers getting renewal letters. There's no new customer they're trying to sucker, as you're implying. They have nothing to gain by jacking up these prices and driving current customers away like that-they'd lose money.

This may not kick in officially until next week but all the framework has been in place for a while to get booking, hospitals, offices, payors, etc into place. My sister works with this mess in Florida & they got their info months ago so they could start adjusting upcoming procedures accordingly.

We'll see, I guess. Unfortunately, tanking the economy further and messing with people's health shouldn't be left to we'll see.
  15. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +140
    The American public was lied to. Medical insurance costs will increase. Congress refuses to be covered. The economy will suffer because people will not be able to afford to buy non-necessities. It is unclear whether you can keep your own doctor or insurance despite the blatant misrepresentations to the contrary.

Pelosi was right. Congress had no idea what was in it [or deliberately lied about what was in it] until they passed it. Now it is becoming clearer by the week how bad this really is going to be.

If anyone wants to defend ObamaCare, please educate us on the details, including those contained in the thousands of pages of regulations that have been promulgated.
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +896
    I don't see this as particularly competitive. Where are the poor people that make so little money going to come up with extra hundreds per month? If they cannot, they are still in debt to Obama's new health tax, right?

It's sad because most Dems support Obama and Obamacare out of part loyalty I presume. It can't be for the progress, can it? We're broke, people will lose jobs and security over Obamacare, and this inept system could end up being in trouble like medicare.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/silver-obamacare-plan-costs-328-142406793.html
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Yep, and the CBO knows nothing about that accounting trick either.
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    No! But Obama said everyone's insurance premiums would go down, and that you'd save $2,500 a year.
  19. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +896
    There's little he won't lie about. My bet is Obamacare is insolvent from day one.