Obama humiliates Boehner by laughing at his threats.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorstooth, Sep 15, 2013.

1. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +499

What a stupid post.

Try re-reading what I wrote, Einstein and stop assuming that I'm a Republican. Pavlov would be proud of you. Look in the mirror and say "Woof, Woof".

OBAMA HAS SPENT HIS ENTIRE PATHETIC TIME AS PRESIDENT BLAMING BUSH FOR ALL OF OUR ILLS. And the growth of government and deficits under Hussein's rule swamps ANYTHING that preceded his reign.
  2. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Perhaps you should take your own advice and read what you write.
  3. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +499

Other than I mistakenly thought Andygator had quoted himself instead of leogator, I don't see your point. Unless that was your point and, if so, point taken.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AndyGator

AndyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    OBAMA HAS SPENT HIS ENTIRE PATHETIC TIME AS PRESIDENT BLAMING BUSH FOR ALL OF OUR ILLS. And the growth of government and deficits under Hussein's rule swamps ANYTHING that preceded his reign.

I'm not defending Obama in any way. I am just noting the irony of conservatives complaining about Obama's deficits while not saying a peep with republican presidents' debt. Even more ironic that one would chastise Obama blaming the other party, even while defending republican presidents' debt while blaming democrats.

Seriously, you don't see the irony?
  5. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    They don't do irony.

They blamed Clinton for Bush's first 6 years, but Obama was on the hook day one.
  6. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +845
    I don't give two flips about budget deficits/national debt and government growth under previous Presidents. And neither should you.

I care about here and now, and the current trajectory of the fiscal situation for the next 10-15 years, which the CBO just yesterday said wasn't sustainable.

And this Administration is NOT pushing for real fiscal discipline. They verbally advocate for it, but have proven to not be serious about it. Unless of course, it involves raising taxes.
  7. AndyGator

Ratings Received:
    +251
    I don't give two flips about budget deficits/national debt and government growth under previous Presidents. And neither should you.

Too bad you and the rest of the republicans starting caring so damned late. We would not be in nearly as bad of a predicament.
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,911
    The POTUS is the one that's in the wrong here. The House legally, Constitutionally, holds the purse-stings for a reason. The Senate needs to take a vote on the House Pubs' sponsored proposal.
  9. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,465
    I was very critical of W's spending-prezBO has made it a point to outspend him in a shorter period of time(some of that blame lies with Harry Reid and his refusal to pass a budget) these continuing resolutions do nothing but add to our deficit

I favor a balanced budget-if you do not have it you cannot spend it and no more borrowing

part of the problem is baseline budgeting
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,911
    Yeah, I think the CR is nothing more than a band-aide on a broken system of governance. The CR should never be accepted as standard operating procedure in the first place. Until the Pubs push this into view of the average American no one will kn9ow about the failure in congress because of the Leftists'/Commies' unwillingness to compromise on the budget.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    and the POTUS legally, constitutionally has veto power.

so you're in the wrong here

Congress has as one of its responsibilities the drawing up of a budget for most everything the government does. However, that is not an absolute power. Both the executive branch and judicial branch of govt has the means to prevent abuses by Congress.

Nor does exec or judicial branches have absolute power. Each of the three branches have powers that are offset by checks the other two branches have.

Then again I tend to believe you actually know the above, but decide to distort the truth of the above by denying it in your effort to try to con(as in doing what a con artist does) people with your misleading spin.

So, I suggest you go back to school and take a civics course
  12. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    Caring or not caring is irrelevant, we have no choice but to take it.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,327
    I have been critical of all deficit spending since I could vote. This includes Reagan and Bush. Clinton deserves praise for getting the budget in balance with the help of a Republican House.

It seems whenever one party controls both Congress and the Presidency, spending goes out of control.

How much money has the government not spent as a result of the sequester? Has anyone really missed anything other than some White House tours? Just freeze spending at current levels until the budget is balanced, it is not brain surgery.
  14. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +845
    Besides being factually incorrect about ALL Republicans not being concerned…you're obviously choosing to debate the past.

Try focusing on the current budget deficit, and the future trajectory of our debt/fiscal situation if you're able to wrap your head around it.
  15. AndyGator

Ratings Received:
    +251
    Wrap my head around it? The current debt is way too much to ever pay off. We can't even balance the budget much less pay off debt. Actually the national debt was too much to pay off after Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2, much less Obama.

I am an independent but can't stand deficits. I voted for Romney because I thought he would be slightly more fiscally responsible. But also I do not believe that today's economy is the time to start universal health care and consider it a mistake. Plus I believe in a stronger military.

But I could not stand the deficits under Reagan, Bush 1 or Bush 2. I am consistent. I do not put on partisan blinders just because my party's president is in charge. And I use Republicans meaning most Republicans. They were ominously silent for 20 years while their presidents ran us into a debt we could not pay back.

Off topic, but I actually feel that Bush 1 was a much better president than most people give credit for. Far better than his son.
  16. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    In this case, inflation is our friend. We could easily pay off the previous debts now because of inflation, and in the future, once we crawl out of the recession, our debt won't look so large anymore either.
  17. AndyGator

Ratings Received:
    +251
    I understand that. But can you have a healthy economic inflation without similar wage increases? What I see are corporations going overseas to the cheap labor for maximal profits. So I don't see how we can have any kind of inflation with cheap labor and still have a healthy economy.

But I'm not an economist, so perhaps someone can explain that to me.