1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Not Something Conservatives Want To See

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by dangolegators, Mar 30, 2014.

1. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,975
    Again, though, the ACA does zero to rein in healthcare costs. Zero to discourage/cut ER visits. Zero to cut prescription drug costs.

You walk about Medicare/Medicaid. Again, why not just do an extension of Medicare/Medicaid based on income, and have THOSE people pay in directly? Run the "ACA" through the already existing Medicare/Medicaid system and have the "uninsurable people" get their government insurance through Medicare and pay their copays directly to Medicare. You know, without wrecking the coverage for so many other people? Not fancy enough? Not flashy enough? Not enough to pound their chest and yell "we did something!!"?

Access problem? The ACA has exacerbated that because more and more doctors will get out of the system, and less and less of those left will accept ACA/Medicare programs due to the lack of reimbursements. Again, what are the doctors supposed to do? Operate at a full loss? None of the increased costs of drugs, DME, staffing, etc have been addressed by the ACA. So, less doctors. Again, where's the so-called increased access?

Again, though, I fully expect to keep hearing the wait a while chant. Sure, let's all wait a while. I mean, we shouldn't have to wait, right? It's such an incredible, wonderful program, that it should've been enacted full force from the beginning, right?

I'd say wait until the employer mandates kick in, but I'm sure there will be another "executive order" or 1,000 to delay other portions of this so that the Democrats have a better chance of being elected by avoiding even more cancellation letters prior to elections. Hopefully, though, most people aren't that blind.
  2. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,208
    What was the reason for Obamacare? Wasn't it to insure the uninsureds, estimated at 48 million?
    Less than 2% of the previously uninsured are estimated to be covered under Obamacare at present.
    This administration may yet not be burning books, but they are sure cooking them.
  3. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,975
    I went to your link. The woman's a liar. No doubt. That doesn't mean that the countless of others out there, some on this board, are also liars. No matter how much some might want that to be the case. They don't need the so-called misleading headlines - they can see the letters they've received from their insurance companies; in my case, I can see it in the patients being dropped or having to cancel procedures that aren't going to be covered like they originally thought, or with my daughter's peds practice where they've sent cancellation notices because they don't want to deal with Obamacare policies.

Even Obama & Co. have admitted that they were "mistaken" or "wrong" on several of their "truths".
  4. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,208
    apprx. 50% of my prescription drug costs were paid by insurance last year. This year that has dropped to 10 to 15%
    And that's a fact.
    How some people refuse to believe higher deductibles and higher drug bills are not included the the cost of healthcare for individuals is beyond me.It will cost the individual more, bottom line.
  5. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,661
    it may hit the original 7 million projection per ACAsignups.net

If Republicans were smart in 2016, they would try to improve the law instead of trying to repeal it, but that is highly doubtful as they want to placate their base more then anything. Doing this will just set them up to lose in 2018.
  6. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,975
    I don't think they'd be able to repeal it -- I don't think insurers will re-issue cancelled policies if nothing else. Again, only thing I could see is shifting the ACA people into a tiered Medicare system and allowing people to purchase coverage they actually NEED.

As far as the original 7 million projection...yeah if you keep pushing dates back far enough you'll eventually reach the number you're looking for. Again, who has paid? Who has successfully used it? How many are in it and are fully subsidized versus actually paying into the system? What's the percentage of young healthy patients versus older/sicker patients? THOSE are the numbers you need to look at to see if this is sustainable.
  7. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,208
    Is that 7 million new insureds? After all an estimated 5 million lost their insurance the first of the year. Even if it is 7 million, looks like only a net of 2 million, or someone losing their insurance doesn't count. Many of those enrolling received full subsidy or a major subsidy. Medicaid anyone?
    Isn't it amazing that after 4 years we still don't know what is in the law, how it will affect he public, what dr. we can see, what hospital we can go to and even what the cost will be in a few months. The only thing we know for sure is tha Obamacare is one great big screw up. I would be willing to bet Obama has yet to read the entire bill.
  8. dangolegators

dangolegators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +772
    Check out this Fox news graphic on the enrollment numbers. Instead of 6/7ths of the way there, Fox has it looking like enrollment is well less than halfway to the goal. This is the kind of thing your average ignorant Fox viewer sees on a daily basis. Fox is playing its viewers for the fools they are.

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,975
    This is why the cynical side of me takes all news, especially cable ones, with a grain of salt. They're in it for profit & ratings more than public interest.
  10. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,208
    Are we so naive or dumb to think The administration and the insurance companies don't know exactly how many have registered and paid for Obamacare?
    Maybe we are dumb enough to believe them, but if they say they don't know, they are either dumb as hell or they lie.
    How have they been paying claims if they say they don't know who has registered and paid. I guess they know who has signed up, but they don't know how many. Have they tried counting?
    Add newspapers to the list of not believing. They have an agenda and don't mind a lie or two to support that agenda.
  11. ncbullgator

ncbullgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432
    Wow. Liberals proud of lines of people demanding their health care be paid by their private working neighbors. How selfish.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,158

you really wonder. do they chuckle as they put those up and ask "Think the suckers bought it?"
  13. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,498
    the thing you libs and the regime seems to be leaving out is they need 7 million who PAY-

on top of that this regime are known LIARS, why should we for one minute believe their numbers are real
  14. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,498
    obamacare is an ugly thing

libs passed a bill to supposedly help 36 million w3ho did not have health insurance get health insurance and in the processed effed up the health insurance of 300 million-makes a lot of sense doesn't it?
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. dangolegators

Ratings Received:
    +772
    Somehow, my health insurance is still working just fine. Used it just today at the eye doctors.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. bakaduin

bakaduin Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +863
    Where is this affordable health care everyone is talking about?

I'm in the middle class. Combined my wife and I make about 100k with one infant. I've always had health insurance. My wife gets it through her work and I pay out of pocket for my own and my sons. I wouldn't consider it great health insurance but it is adequate with a 1500 deductible. My rates went up 100 dollars a month solely from Obamacare and the plan will end in 1 year because of Obamacare. I tried to sign up for insurance on the Obamacare website. It was much more expensive then I pay now for similar coverage and I don't qualify for any breaks because I make too much.

So what has Obamacare done for me? It has raised my insurance (with no change in benefits) and it will have me looking for new insurance in a year. We are lucky we can afford it even though I'd rather be putting that money elsewhere. Most other middle class folks aren't as lucky.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. oaklandroadie

oaklandroadie Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    I don't know what's worse...

The liberal logic used in posting this bait thread, or the fact that conservatives fell for it.

Obamacare's success is not dependent upon the raw number of signups...it's the number of signups that previously were uninsured.

Add to that what happens to costs in the long run.

The fact that the OA and its lapdog media keep trumpeting the raw numbers is actually bad for the law. It means they know the majority (76% as surveyed by the Rand Corporation) were previously insured, and lost their coverage due to the ACA. Think those people are happy to be out in line?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. dangolegators

Ratings Received:
    +772
    How do you know it was solely because of Obamacare? Did your rates not ever go up before?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,975
    So does mine. I have great insurance. Doesn't change my feelings on what a cluster ___ this is for so many people out there.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,112
    I cannot believe that there are still Liberals here in Too Hot still trying to "rationalize" this bullsh!t burger, and takeover of our healthcare system that O-commie and his ilk invented just to tax us to death?
    • Disagree Disagree x 1