NJ least economically solvent state

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by JerseyGator01, Jan 17, 2014.

1. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    We're #1! We're #1!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...y-Least-Economically-Solvent-State-In-The-U-S

Like I've said, you have to see Trenton to believe it. Forget "Jersey Shore," a show on the record violence and liberal lawyers living large just blocks away would be the ultimate reality show. Christie is so much hype on fiscal issues.

From the link:

After addressing the transportation scandal currently engulfing his administration, Christie told the audience of legislatures at his State of the State address this week that the state "is good and getting better." Christie has repeatedly highlighted the fact that New Jersey is the largest donor state of taxes in the country-- paying far more than it receives in federal tax funding--but has done little to change this pattern. On the contrary, the tax burden on the average New Jersey family has increased 18.6% under Christie. That is not to say that Christie is exclusively responsible for the dire economic situation in the state--Governor Jon Corzine shut down the government because the legislature refused to pay taxes-- but nothing seems to have improved since Christie's time in office, despite Christie running a campaign based in large part on economic recovery. Under his tenure, 25% of New Jersey's youth are moving back in with their parents and rampant crime is overtaking urban centers like Newark and Camden.
  2. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    Of course, having gay gov McSleazey with his boyfriend his nominee for state security chief followed by the world famous Dem fundraiser Jon Courzine as gov before Christie didn't help either. And now we have the mayor of Trenton's corruption trial underway. Yes, it would be some reality show. I would call it, "Blue Jersey: Believe the Rumors."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. squigator

squigator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +106
    Seems to me that Christie would be better served if he changed parties. Jersey, Chicago, Detroit, LA .....have much in common.
  4. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +951
    Of course. It's never a Republican's fault, and even when it is they're not really a Republican.
    Everybody knows that.
  5. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,704
    I'm not sure I'm buying the least solvent state. Certainly we have our issues like anyone else but I think there is something here that doesn't sit right. I don't know that facts here but I'll dig into it.
  6. ufdocco

ufdocco Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +316
    I just love seeing the moment when the light bulb goes on. ;)
  7. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,024
    Do you know of any Republicans, at least within the community of this board, who have really ever seemed excited about Christie? On the other hands, we had multiple Democrats on this board say they wouldn't mind if he ended up President. Christie is well known as a very moderate Republican whose conservative resume has always been in doubt, let's try not to pretend otherwise.
  8. squigator

squigator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +106
    I think its pretty safe to say that Christie would not be electable in New Jersey if he aggressivelly promoted smaller government and spending restraint.