NFL Personnel people prefer Brady over Manning

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by geauxgator1, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Gators15

Gators15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    So my guess was right that Manning beat Brady this time, absolutely (check my previous post #11). Boy, it joys me to see Brady going down. So Broncos will play Seahawks, and Broncos will be the SB Champs. IMO :D
  2. Sylez_G_Koolaid

Sylez_G_Koolaid Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +147
    Are these the same personnel people who determined Brady was a sixth round pick, bruh? Don't know that I'd take that opinion srsly.
  3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,678
    Montana had the best offensive mind of a generation (if not in the history of the game) designing a system for which he was perfect. Half of his career he also had the best receiver in league history. And nearly every single one of his passing records was broken by his far more talented, efficient successor. If your sole barometer is not losing a Super Bowl, then you might as well take Bradshaw. He was 4-0, too.

For my money, Manning is as good as any quarterback I have ever seen. His playoff performance has been far below his regular season performance, but so has Brady's since the early titles. A lot goes into that, from the lack of a top flight strategic mind (like Belicheck or Walsh) around to devise or counteract schemes, typically average defenses that forced his teams to rely overmuch on the passing attack, and pretty inconsistent run support after James got hurt/left.

Plus, Manning has been doing something that I never thought possible in football these last half-dozen years or so: he has become his own play caller. I don't think critics understand how unbelievable complex that is. It really hasn't been done since the 50s and 60s. Jim Kelly, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady all had a tremendous degree of leverage and freedom in running their offenses, but nothing like what Manning does. It is truly remarkable.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,962
    I said I'd take Brady and that hasn't changed. That being said, what he's done post surgeries is remarkable.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Sylez_G_Koolaid

Sylez_G_Koolaid Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +147
    Saw this note this morning:

The talk that Manning is a playoff choker should go away now, but that talk has always been overstated. Yes, there have been some playoff games when Manning under-performed, but he’s also had some outstanding playoff outings. Sunday was Manning’s third career playoff game with at least 400 yards, his fifth career playoff game with at least 350 yards and his ninth career playoff game with at least 300 yards. Manning is currently second all-time with 6,309 career postseason passing yards, and if he throws for at least 116 yards in the Super Bowl, he’ll pass Tom Brady for first all time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/nfl-morning-after-peyton-mannings-masterpiece/
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +994
    He should get it. But getting 400 against the LOB isn't going to be easy, especially if the weather is nasty in NY. That is one nasty defense and we couldn't have asked for a better matchup. Best O vs. Best D, Best Passing Game vs. best Passing Defense. Should be fun.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. CockyInSeattle

CockyInSeattle Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +178
    Complements of LSUFreak.

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1