Next Year's Kentucky Team

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by GothamGator, Apr 15, 2014.

1. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,140
    I believe, by seeds (for what thats worth), Florida's run to the title game was one of the, if not the, easiest paths ever and UK's was one of the hardest. Certainly somewhat deserved given their respective seasons, but don't try and argue the degree of difficulty was similar. Four straight wins over top 10 teams vs. double digit wins against teams - the best of which were UCLA? I also believe UK played UConn closer, but not sure and may not have been by much.

Really remarkable comparison considering the hundreds of posts you've made about how crucial/absolutely necessary experience is. UK did this without their best big man. No question UF had the better year overall, but better tourney run? Not close.[/quote]
    Congratulations. You ignored nearly the entire post in favor of something in a parenthesis, which is by nature parenthetical and thus "alongside the thesis," not fundamentally germane to it. No one argued the degree of difficulty was similar. Nor can you argue that your quality of win was so much better that it negates all of the other evidence against Kentucky having a better, or even remotely comparable, season. That's what your fellow comrade in blue was suggesting.
  2. dailydoublecat

dailydoublecat Respected Rival

Ratings Received:
    +741
    Are we still arguing over who had the best season...Lordy! Florida had the much better season..it's hardly debatable and honestly laughable to even have this convo.

Jeff
  3. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +483
    UK was really lucky in the NCAA tournament. First of all they won all of the "coin flip" games where either team could have won. Lucky is a good thing. Good for them.

Secondly, they were extremely fortunate to get Wisconsin instead of Arizona in the FF. Wisconsin was a very good team on O and so-so on D (strange to say that about a B Ryan coached team, but it is true) whereas Arizona was killer on D and so-so on O. Just like the Gators who are a team that beat them 3 times. I wonder how that might have turned out. Instead UK had a coin flip chance against Wisconsin and they won once again, but against Arizona I bet that they they would have lost 9 times out of 10. It would have been a very bad match-up for UK.