Next time, Democrats will take your doctor hostage

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731
    This is what I've been saying for 5 years or more. Obamacare is not about your health. It is about control. And obviously this marxist president and his regime are willing to use it. Thug politics.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/10/03/...ge/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Every true “independent” voter in the United States should be clamoring for the full and immediate repeal of ObamaCare after watching a few days of Barack Obama’s Shutdown Theater. Do you really think the man who vandalized the World War II Memorial with barricades to make elderly veterans suffer will hesitate a microsecond to use your health care as leverage against you, the next time you defy his commands? You’re not “independent” in any meaningful sense whatsoever if you’re comfortable with what’s going on here.

This was always a top goal of ObamaCare. Dependency is control. The Ruling Class does not fear people who rely upon it for food and medicine. Until now, the first nickel of every proposed “spending cut” – even using the ludicrous Washington definition of the term, which really means “reduction in the rate of spending growth” – has come from teachers, police, and firefighters. For the rest of history, if ObamaCare is allowed to stand, that first nickel will be coming out of health care. If Sequester Theater wasn’t enough to convince you this was coming, its big-budget Shutdown Theater sequel should have removed all doubt.

Many of these ObamaCare plans have enormous deductibles and co-payments, particularly where people with pre-existing conditions are concerned. That will swiftly become another mechanism of control. Republicans tempted to capitulate in the current shutdown drama, because they’re convinced people will hate ObamaCare even more once they get to know it, are missing the point. Democrats will use the system’s failures as leverage to make it bigger, the same way every government program grows through failure. What happens to people who get socked with those gigantic out-of-pocket expenses? Why, they become the next great Democrat constituency. The Dems will “fight hard” to make taxpayers cover those poor folks. You’ve heard Obama thunder about how nobody should go bankrupt due to health expenses, haven’t you? He’ll say the exact same thing when he’s the bill collector. The bigger those bills, the better.

One brave soul with a pre-existing condition managed to make it through the craptastic billion-dollar ObamaCare system and discovered $597 monthly premiums with a fourteen thousand dollar yearly deductible. The fine for non-compliance with King Obama’s generous offer turned out to be $4000 per year. Hesitate to give the King his tithe, and you’re going to lose your drivers’ license, and maybe get a nice tax lien on your house. But his loyal army of bureaucratic servants will be happy to vacuum your tax… no, wait it’s a penalty, only Tea Party extremists would call it a tax… no, wait it’s a tax, Mister Chief Justice, we swear on a stack of sacred paperwork!… right out of your bank account. Wait until the first tax/penalty bites cost some poor soul a few thousand bucks in bounced check charges… all so he can afford the privilege of pretending he’s as free as a pre-Obama American.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,994
    I guarantee Obama's next big move will be to make all the doctors government employees, like communist Cuba.
  3. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +914
    Absolutely positively 100% true.
    I would not let the government run anything important, healthcare included, for fear of it being used as a weapon against you.
    This already happens in countries with socialized medicine and liberal regimes. In the UK, Labor always attacks Conservative plans to privatize the NHS as "they're taking away your healthcare and throwing you into the street!" Also, as government employees, the nurses have a union. If you think living through a sanitation strike is bad, try living through a healthcare strike. This is our future if we don't step away from the ledge.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Yes, you already told us about them trying to get you to pay your student loans - which presumably paid your way through that government run Univ of Florida - on time. No doubt they have been hounding you ever since, the bastards.
  5. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    ? deco posted that information himself.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  6. billfisher65

billfisher65 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +841
    I read his posts and he never once said he didn't or doesn't pay his student loans, just that he had to find money to pay them. And refresh my memory but did he get those student loans through the government or a private company? I don't think he mentioned that either, though I could be mistaken. Anyways, Art seems like a pretty intelligent fellow and probably doesn't need me to come to his aid but I was thinking it may be good for you to follow him around, you may learn somethings.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    He stated yesterday - maybe it was this morning - on another thread that the government was hassling him to pay his student loans on time - his words not mine. Conversely, on another thread a few weeks ago he accused me of being a dead beat trying to get out of paying bills medical, when he had nothing - including anything I said - on which to base that. I'm not crying about it and I doubt he is either. If he mispoke he can say so, but hey, I'm sure he appreciates your gallantry.
  8. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    in any case----those slamming that Fed govt should not be involved in education, setting up schools, etc and are UF grads are basically hypocrits---since UF was established via the fed law of the Morrill Act. And I bet you bitch about taxes.....yet you received the benefit of people paying taxes to set up UF.

If you are grateful to be an American you pay taxes so that current and future Americans can receive same sort of stuff you got for free----schools already established and having been funded by taxes(ie--UF), public roads, public libraries, court system to present your grievances, a military that kept America in place for the last coupe of centuries(paid for by taxes). Yet many Cons consider themselves above gratitude. Looking on taxes as evil. If it wasn't for that evil---there'd bee no UF, there's be no public libraries/schools/roads/etc, and there'd be no U.S.A.

Time to look on taxes as a matter of gratitude for there being an America---rather than as an evil. If taxes are evil then U.S.A. by your logic from day one is evil.
  9. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +914
    Wrong assumptions. Wrong thread. nm. I'm better than this guy's personal attacks.
  10. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26

Says the guy who consistently went personal on me when he had nothing else in a long thread a few weeks ago, and, BTW, I didn't.

Back to the facts of this teapot tempest, you know you said on another thread that you were being "threatened by the government" to pay your student loans on time. Surely you don't deny that?

As to your last point, that is yet to be established.
  11. malligator

malligator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +341
    It's already happening. The exchanges are a week old. The funding fight is still raging. Obamacare isn't even off the ground and "single payer" is already being hailed as a fix for it.
  12. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,994
    I thought this tax would generate enough money on it's own? Why are we talking about funding a tax? Doesn't a tax do that (fund) all by itself?
  13. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,429
    University of Florida is not 1/6 of the American economy.
    The bureaucrats at Tigert Hall have less to ruin.
  14. dynogator

dynogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +297
    What about the military? After all, they actually have the weapons. Are you in favor of a private/mercenary force?
  15. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,994
    Lol... as long as I don't have to pay them... I don't care.
  16. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    I heard a CPA call in on a talk show today with some interesting news on the tax implications of Obamacare. the penalty is not what it is advertised. It is the lessor of 1% of income multiplied X 3 dependents or $95 whichever is greater. So a dude with $100 K in taxable income will pay a $3 K penalty year one; $4500 penalty in year 2 and $6 K penalty in year 3 for not having insurance.

Now that is what this CPA said on the radio. Perhaps a TH member who is a CPA could either verify or dispute her statement?
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    Row are you ready nationalize your industry so we can all more easily afford housing?
  18. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +914
    Good advice for this forum and for life:
    Ignore the bomb throwers. Help the ones who deserve your help.
    Let's allow the adults to get back on topic.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Says the guy who accuses people of personal behavior he has not a clue about because he disagrees with them on issues - and this more than once - and then compares his side to those resisting Nazis. Yeah, Mr Reason and Light has spoken.

Your welcome.
  20. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,697
    This post is crap. The maximum tax fine is $285 for year 1, not $4k.