New Head Coach Search

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps0607, Nov 9, 2013.

1. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
    It's impressive, but they are not a legit elite team like the 90s FSU was. Their schedule is extremely weak. Even their 2 "big" wins were not impressive. Let's just say that I want Fisher to stay at FSU. He won't win a title there imo. Fisher has basically been coach of FSU since the 08 season and his best season prior to this was a 2 loss ACC season and a bunch of 4 loss seasons.
  2. PharmGator

PharmGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
  3. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +231
    Dantonio has won at cincinnati and mich state. Legit head coach.
  4. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    So FSU's schedule in the 90's wasn't weak? They did the same thing back then, mostly beating up on soft ACC teams. They played 2 tough games a year: Miami and UF. This year it was Clemson instead of one of those. I think they are every bit as loaded as those previous squads were.

That win over Clemson was the most impressive performance I have seen from any team this year. That was the Clemson team that finished last year by beating LSU and started this year by beating a healthy UGA team, and FSU demoralized them. I don't know if FSU beats Bama, but they will give them a game. I can assure you of that.
  5. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
    It was weak in the 90s, but they faced at least one legit elite team each season in UF and more times than not beat UF. Clemson and Miami are nothing compared to 90s UF. ALso back then FSU did it every season.

I have a feeling Fisher found his Cam Newton. His offense was nowhere this good before Winston and will drop off after he leaves next year. Even when Jimbo had all of his players in place and had an experienced QB in Manuel his offense was so so. Having one great season after so many seasons is not a sign you are a great coach.

I think Bama will steamroll FSU from the start. FSU's D will not be able to handle the Bama run game and Bama's D will be by far the best defense FSU has went up against this season.
  6. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +135
    Mark Hudspeth - 45, a great young coach. He turned La. Lafayette completely around. Had been a HC a number of years, doing good things at No. Alabama.

With Florida talent and our facilities, he could be a force in the SEC. We should grab him before someone else does. He is being talked about as a replacement for Mullen at miss. state.
  7. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +231
    Dantonio has won at cincinnati and mich state. Legit head coach.
  8. DoctorGator

DoctorGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    He's 57. One year older than Saban was when Bama hired him.