New depth chart out (Watkins new starting safety)

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Spleezy

Spleezy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    Not 100% of the time but how do you think we spring those big runs last year? Those shifts put LBs in a position to give us an advantage.
  2. rburnett

rburnett Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +94
    Rumor has it.. he runs the wildcat better than burton.
  3. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Hot atlanta, grumpy whoever, we went out of our game plan so quick that even in the first quarter the stats were skewed. With our running game shut down to a trickle by a brutish Miami defense made us actually use the forward pass to try to keep us in the game. I don't know about, what ya'll want from Will, I want an offense that can score TDs. We can try to be a running team, but by the way we ran on Miami, I feel we need to try something else. Ya'll might like winning 6-3 or whatever but that isn't going to get us to atlanta.

A llttle of half of the third qtr. we had some momentum, we pass twice about 20 yds each play, we are rolling. So what do we do, we run up the middle, get stuffed. 2nd down run up the middle get stuffed. Get where I am going, this ain't working but we have to try it twice to make sure it isn't working. Very Dumb! Now with the pressure on Jeff he throws a pic on third and long, which of course the defense is blitzing. Our coaches killed the momentum with play calling, not jeff. Why would you run the ball when they couldn't stop our passing game? When ya'll have the answer to this please pass it along to the coaches. They do need all of our help. At this point in the game, we now were trying anything like a chinese fire drill. Only now they are teeing off and blitzing. We got close to a rebuilding team and a major recruiting competitor.

With Brent Pease now going to limit the choices Jeff has in the red zone, this will be interesting this week. I will be watching again this weekend to see if any progress is being made because if we struggle with Tennessee, this will be a long year. Defense can only get you so far and we have a great one. Better play calling at critical times would be a god send.

I want us to crush the Vols on Prime Time.

Stats won't take away the smell of the Miami game!
  4. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +784
    At least let us see how bad the backup QB's are. A good laugh might cheer us up...
  5. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    I don't know what play sequence you are talking about. JD had an interception on 3rd & Goal at the Mia 11 in the beginning of the 2nd Qtr and a pick in the 4th Qtr on 3rd & 3 at the Mia 17.
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,672
    The best part about his criticism is that everyone wants us to be balanced, until we mix in a run after a couple of passes. Apparently, balance means passing more, no matter how little you run.

I suspect they loved the game plans against Auburn and Tennessee in 2001.
  7. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Brent and Boom conferring about a current drive. Listen, we have moved down the field pretty good passing, let's run now. Wow, that didn't work, better try it again, yea let's be balanced. Oh crap that didn't work, but our stats will look good and I can at least give the press that we are balanced argument! LOL

Why not go with what is working is the point. Who cares about the stats. Ya'll do. Miami didn't. Nothing wrong with mixing it up, just don't bang your head into concrete again and again if it is hurting you. Momentum killing play calling is the label that will be forever attached to this game for me and many other Gators. Hopefully home cooking will be in order for this week. Maybe the mix that the coaches want to run or scheme they have works, I live in NC and all the ACC are giddy that Miami beat us.

I feel Jeff could be a good QB with the right offense and play calling. Hopefully Pease can pull it out of the Hat. The whole nation is watching, not just Gators followers.
  8. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,490
    That's ok, neither does he.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. dawny

dawny Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    One thing for sure our Defense has our Offenses back, but our Offense/ still a deer in the lites, I blame the OC and HC, we dont pickit up we will not have a good Season.
  10. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    I'm thinking you may be right ...
  11. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Balanced means passing every down or only running when it works.
  12. GatorFanNGA

GatorFanNGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    Haha...I agree! Let them come in for a series or two...you never know what will happen! Worst case senario is hes horrible, we get a quick laugh and atleast know what we have on the bench and jeff comes back out!