New depth chart out (Watkins new starting safety)

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Sep 16, 2013.

1. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +641
    Regarding JD, I am sure WM spoke forcefully and plainly don't turn the ball over. Now, the concern is will JD hold onto the ball even longer to make sure he's throwing to a wide open wr? Will he take less chances and thus we will see more dump off passes, swing passes, dinks and dinkers? Is it possible that the O can or will become even more conservative for the purpose of protecting the ball?
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    If they would have been more conservative vs Miami we probably win the game. I would think the thought has at least crossed the staff mind.
  3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,625
    No, it entirely stands to reason: Every single Florida coach, particularly the offensive coordinators, have conspired to steal our joy from us for 12 years now. I have a dream that one day we might play freshmen running backs and throw fades in the red zone and multiple vertical routes and draw up plays in the dirt and that little, fast receivers and big tight ends can prance down the sideline together untouched...
  4. socal_g8tr

socal_g8tr New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I was not aware that Muschamp said, by name, that Thompson and Taylor arre not good at catching passes.
  5. GatorDad

GatorDad New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Play the most talented players. If our current starters are more talented, so be it. If they are not (and that is my belief), play the younger guys. Quit with the TOP fetish, it's not resulting in scoring, and never will unless the D scores or gets TO's deep in opponent territory. Throw early and more often. Throw beyond the 1st down marker when needing to convert a 3rd down. Coach Driskel to throw the ball in the stands before being sacked and/or fumbling. Introduce the fade and crossing routes to the offense that give receivers a chance to make bigger plays. Don't run a QB sneak with 11 defenders piled around the offensive center.

All in all the offense we run is bush league and there is no excuse for the scared play calling and ineffective execution at this point in our coaches tenure. The Muschamp apologists will speak to talent. When I see Akron score over 20 on Michigan, and UCF score over 30 at Penn St., it's obviously more about coaching than talent.
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    well he said Thompson has made a few nice grabs in practice but made it very obvious that he was brought to UF to be a blocking TE and that is what he will do. They dont even really talk about Kent
  7. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +851
    Dad, Noah was an experienced backup who knew Spurrier's system well, yet even he didn;t fully execute the FnG. Our backups are simply too green...
  8. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +641
    Raz, I thought we were playing conservative. All of the turnovers were not risky plays. First fumble was Jones running off tackle. Second turnover was JD forcing a ball 10 yards pass scrimmage to a TRIPLE team wr. Third turnover was a short pass caught by trey who fumbled. Next turnover was a swing pass that one player ran wrong and a pass that should never had been thrown. One fumble came when JD held onto the ball too long and was hit while attempting a pass. And i'm calling this a turnover, 4th and half foot and JD ran the most conservative play of all, a sneak that had zero chance of being successful.

The above plays were conservative in nature unless we should not pass at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wormwood56

Ratings Received:
    +851
    Joes starting the game against Miami is garbage time against beat down defenses? I don't follow...
  10. GatorDad

GatorDad New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Does anyone on the offense side of the ball do anything besides block. TE's don't play because they can't block, but the one who supposedly can block can't catch. RB's don't play unless they can block, even though they may actually make plays running. WR's that could open the offense through the air don't play because they don't block. If this is the case, Driskel should just run every play because everyone else is really good at blocking.
  11. Wormwood56

Ratings Received:
    +851
    Dad, we don't know that yet. Give it some time...
  12. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +641
    Dad we are a run dominated team.
  13. gator1986

gator1986 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    I'm on both sides of the fence here, with dad but still waiting for something to come along. This boring, lethargic offense absolutely can not be what we get with all the talent surrounding.

Then again the grass is never greener on the other side, so lets hope Muschamp's grand scheme works out in glorious fashion.
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    seems like the WR's caught some balls last game but maybe you were watching a different game than the rest of us
  15. Wormwood56

Ratings Received:
    +851
    And don't forget, just pitch and catch, and "hang half a hundred" on every opponent, no matter who it is...

Ahhh, selective memory at its finest.

If people are bellyaching over Driskel's turnovers, they must have had a stroke in 2002...
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    If they run the ball on 3rd down and take the field goal like last year there is 3 points. Trey Burton play was a simple screen but we could have ran the ball with a back there too and kicked a field goal. Field goal instead of go for it on 4th and 1.
  17. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Why do the coaches do this to us? Why!?!?
  18. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +366
    You are right, the play calls were not high risk...

One counter, jeff did not hold the ball too long, our LT is letting speed rushers get by him in about 2 seconds, I wish Jeff could hold onto the ball when hit, but in fairness to him, he got blindsided quite quickly when he fumbled...
  19. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +457
    I think he was referring to Jones getting carries in garbage time last yr and doing well, which led some to predict greatness for this season. Seems like a fair point.
  20. GatorDad

GatorDad New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I watched the game twice. As I recall, one pass resulted in a score, during the often mentioned "garbage time", that doesn't seem to matter when young players do well in it. The pass plays we execute that everyone seems to harp on are just average pass plays for a decent offense.