Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by critterair, Nov 2, 2013.
Rod Carey from NIU
With everything that happened, I think he is more focused on his family now, which is a great thing. I think they are doing well. That said, he may not have found balance yet in a way that can win at our level.
If he can figure out a way to balance it, he may be a candidate. If not, I would not want to see the guy getting out-of-balance with his family. And, if he couldn't win here without doing that, I would rather he stay in a job like the one he has.
In Christ forever,
He Is nothing like muschamp....he teams try to score as many points as possible plus he know how to coach defense at Florida
Spend the money and we get who we want....uf suppose to be in top 3 coaching jobs!!!
If Muschamp lasts another year, Kelly will probably be available. I like this scenario, but hate to see UF suffer another year.
lol @ nothing like Muschamp.
He's an unproven first time HC and his specialty is defense. He also just lost to UCF despite having best QB in the country and came out after the game claiming they were still the better team. No thanks.
We need OFFENSE and both Franklin and Kingsbury are proving their system works. Both teams have offense, are sound, and fun to watch. Not even sure we could pull Kingsbury with the team he will be fielding in the next 1-2 years. He's the real deal and young
Petrino. Not even a question
Why would we want kingsbury over briles
What about Pederson?
I'd say any name considered by USC or TX is worthy to consider, idf they were a head coach.
I would be doing back-flips with either.
Strong seems like the most logical candidate.
Anyone that doesn't have to learn on the job. Horrible decision by gooey to hire someone without head coaching experience
Absolutely he does. I wonder if he's too loyal to jump to an SEC East team.
Great recruiter, offensive minded,
Lol he is a 3rd year head coach and beat our ass last year with a BIG EAST TEAM...where have u been a cave?
Franklin...u want a guy who has coached in the sec for 2 years and would be 4th in the sec east if not for injuries while strong has coached longer in the sec....wow some people are just plain nuts
Meant first time HC, not first year. Not sure what you see in Strong or why people like you want defense first, offense 2nd. This fanbase wants it's offense back. We won 3 NC's with offensive minded coaches. Haven't you learned your lesson yet?
Briles is near 60 and a life long Texas man. He will not come here. Kingsbury is in year 2 at his alma mater. Don't think he will come. Not really sold on Strong.
Franklin has done more with less at Vandy. He would be my initial choice but I can be persuaded.
I don't want Muschamp fired, but my list would like this (with the likelihood that they would actually accept):
1. Chip Kelly (5%): Obviously would be a terrific hire. I think he's going to be a success in the NFL, and I doubt one year of a little struggle in the NFL is going to deter him. Still, he's probably the first person I call.
2. Bob Stoops (30%): No one is going to believe this, but I think there's a small chance Stoops makes the jump. I think - despite his recent comments - he knows that the SEC that it's hard to be in the spotlight outside of the SEC, and that he could win titles here. Obviously, he is and would be one of the best coaches in college football.
3. Chris Peterson (80%): I think he would probably take the job. Boise is dead in the water: recruiting hasn't been as good for them, and there's no chance they make it to a NC. He's the closest thing to the next Urban Meyer are you're going to get.
4. Charlie Strong (75%): He might be gone to the NFL after this, but I'm sure he'd love to come back to Gainesville. He's a great recruiter, has a great defensive mind, and seems to not have an issue handing the offense over to his coordinator.
5. Billy Donovan (0%): Is that allowed?
6. James Franklin (90%): This guy is a dark-horse. I'm not convinced he is a homerun hire, but he's transformed Vandy from a joke to a contender. Good recruiter, good in-game instincts, and a good human being from the sounds of it.
7. Cliff Kingsbury (75%): I think you do this in hopes that you get a Kevin Sumlin kind of coach. The Air Raid is not something I want to return to, but he's brought a bit of balance to Texas Tech.
8. Bobby Petrino (95%): Honestly, this would probably be a good hire. It's just not one you want to have to make if you're Foley.
9. Al Golden (40%): What he has done with Miami is pretty remarkable.
10. Dan Mullen (100%): I've always kind of wondered what he could do with better recruits.
people are delusional if they think Briles is coming to UF after firing a coach in three years