New 2016 Commit

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Jan 14, 2014.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    We got a commitment from a highly regarded guard for 2016. Sydney Searcy committed to Coach Butler not too long ago.
  2. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Nice to have some good news today. It has taken awhile but Butler has slowly built up a nice core of north/central Florida kids on the roster.

Searcy is a 5'9 G from Nease HS. Not sure if anyone put out rankings yet for 2016, but I did see some highlight videos of her on YouTube - she looks like an incredible athlete so should fit in nicely with our style of play. Maybe a bit raw, but she is just a HS sophomore.
  3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    There are some rankings. BlueStar shows her as 116 but rankings for the 2016 class are going to be wildly sporadic this early. Too few players seen and evaluated by too few people. The Florida schools and North Carolina had all shown early interest in her. She should end up being a Top 100 kid, how high depends on her development. I really like what I see in her highlights though.
  4. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    It is good news but I really don't put a lot of faith into these verbal commitments. I prefer to wait until they actually sign on the dotted line.

Maybe it is not as bad in women's sports but it seems like a lot of kids want to play games and flip flop before signing day. At least in football.
  5. missourigator

missourigator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    The problem is that with losing Mercer, I think that sealed Butler's fate. Only 7 players, they will unfortunately wear down and NIT here we come again. I thought she turned it around but this might be the final blow. Butler won't be here in 2016 unless a miracle happens.
  6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Bannister>Mercer... I will take the 8 with her over the 8 with Mercer. Foley loves Amanda and her contract runs through 2017 in a sport where you rarely see early terminations due to its lack of revenue. We still have a very good shot at being in the NCAA as well as being a Top 25 team.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Mercer's stupidity was beyond Butler's control in this case. Kind of like all of the football injuries.
    • Agree Agree x 1