Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    "They" are not an effect. "They" are people. Those people were targeted for death. Their death was not accidental in the sense that the goal of the operation was their death. It was not incidental. A few people in the Israeli military decided that they were going to be killed. Why they did so was the mistake.

How does Israel force Hamas to surrender? Their leadership is in Qatar. Let's say Israel occupies all of Gaza. Does Hamas surrender then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Land o' Lakes, FL
    I think Israel will settle for the real Hamas leaders, fighting in Gaza, and accept their surrender. A couple figureheads living it up in the safety and comfort of Qatar will be of little consequence once they have no one to send orders to. But who knows? That might not work either. It has at least, for the moment, the virtue of having not been tried.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    you have some next level thinking to present some of your arguments about use of force. Were you ever in military ? How many fights have you been in, in your entire life ? Have you ever had an intruder in your home? Have you ever been the victim of a violent encounter. Basic mugging etc? Just trying to get a picture of your experience with actual violence. The real kind, not the movie kind

You Remind me of this guy. The second one person lays a hand he screams USA. USA when he thinks it will Help him

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Kind of making a problem for yourself if on the one hand you call Hamas stateless terrorists, but on the other say they need to act like a legitimate state and negotiate a surrender. Say what you will about our "War on Terror" but even the biggest idiots in our government werent saying "this ends when Al-Qaeda formally surrenders."

5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You don't think that Israel has tried to occupy territory to capture mid-level leadership before? They will capture and kill some. Some will go to ground. They will be replaced with new mid-level leadership. Hamas doesn't have a static membership.

6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    How many conflicts have you resolved? Have you ever talked your way out of an ass kicking? Have you ever negotiated a surrender to a stateless organization? The real kind, not the game kind. We need to get a picture of your experience with peace making before we can take you seriously on how to end a war.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Land o' Lakes, FL
    Of course, they have. Now when was the last time they fully occupied and imposed their will on the Gaza Strip?

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Wow. That sure is something. I'll go get into a bar fight so that I can understand one of the most complicated geo-political event in recent history. Afterall, the only way to really understand a complex mixture of generational resentment and religious hatred and how it will play out over decades is to hit on some drunk guy's girlfriend until you start punching each other. Thanks for the advice.

But since you are very concerned with personal experience, how many members of Hamas do you know?

9. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015
    well I can tell you from my experience that people that speak of peace making as a verb have no experience with violence and ‘negotiating’ with violent people. Maybe one day we can grab beers and exchange stories.

10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I dont get it, are you saying you know how violent people think because you are one? Not sure I want to have a beer with a violent psycho.

11. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015
    ha. Now you’re talking like a DoS guy that helicopters in to tell the DoD guy how To engage an enemy but to only do it once the DoS guy is back in the rear watching on the surveillance feed.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
  12. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015
    Good movie quote. You cannot begin to understand what it’s truly like to be an orphan by reading Oliver Twist. You’re an educated guy, you can think it through. But sure. Keep throwing out advice on dealing with animals. I’ll call you Johnny Somali Jr.

“ USA. I’m USA”

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Oh, I think that I now see your point. You want people to have experience with strategy-less violence to try to better understand why you support strategy-less violence. The problem? Violence in a war is supposed to have a strategy, not be a bar fight. There is a reason that the military in the US is led by civilian leadership.

But you can go ahead and continue to pretend that the belligerent drunk at the end of the bar is the important one to listen to about war.

14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Again, I dont really understand what you are arguing. No one can understand how terrorists think without hijacking a plane or bombing a subway? To really know violence you have to have done it to someone else first? To deal with 'animals' become an animal? What kind of psychotic shit is that?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    upload_2024-5-10_16-23-56.png

16. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    hey that drunk at the end of the bar knows EXACTLY what’s it’s like to get punched in the throat. You can’t put a price tag on experience like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Got clocked for saying Larry Bird was better than Jordan after 10 Miller Lights, make him secretary of defense - he understands things we cant comprehend

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. ATLGATORFAN

Aug 10, 2015
    clearly you aren’t as deductive as I was giving you credit. You be you man. Keep those lines of communication open with Hamas and negotiate with them. All
    The families of the IDF soldiers that will lose their lives unnecessarily by being tasked with clearing those buildings one by one will thank you. They will thank for bringing equity to the fight. Making it fair.

19. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Are you over there in the IDF advising them? Since I have an ear to Hamas apparently, and you are an IDF advisor it seems, we can have a beer and hash this thing out in a couple hours.

20. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007