NAACP: DOJ and Secret Service should investigate Rodeo clown

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26

Sure they would, and you too. No doubt!
  2. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +764
    Would the TEA Party be calling for the DOJ to investigate the band?

Would anyone at all, be calling them racist?

Your own analogy shows how absurd and oversensitive the reaction here is.

Maybe a handfull of ppl would be calling for an apology.

But I guarantee you, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and all those guys would only point to the event, to say:

"...can you imagine how indignant the Left would be, if teh object of the skit was one of their own?"

So here, in this story, we have the actual answer to that hypothetical question, that was posed over a hundred times, during Bush's presidency.
  3. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +764

Just for you, Row.

:grin:
  4. phatGator

phatGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +242
    I think the NSA needs to step up its secret surveillance of rodeo clowns. They've always seemed like a shady lot hiding behind those disguises. I wonder if deep down inside Edward Snowden is really a rodeo clown. Or maybe just a regular clown.
  5. gatorjd95

gatorjd95 Member

Ratings Received:
    +100
    The pit bull analogy is a complete fail . . . unless there is some kind of pit bull competition/league where people are intentionally targeted for a mauling that I don't know about. On the other hand, rodeo clowns - well, their actual job is to distract a bull, be chased, and get "run down" by bulls all the while dressed up like a clown to make it funny/entertaining, as well as for the safety of the riders. Yeah, same thing?
  6. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +140
    Compare the hatred spewed against Bush with a rodeo clown. There is a reason that they are called clowns.

I am waiting for Rev. Sharpton to once again inflame racial divisions. Must he and others continually claim that blacks are constantly and uniformly mistreated and therefore cannot succeed? When these claims are made all the time, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am responsible for my own decisions, actions and choices. No one makes them for me. I don't blame anyone for the bad decisions I have made on occasion. If I did, I would not have to take any responsibility for them.

The call for a federal invesigation shows how much some people want the government to do everything, police everything and take actions against folks who disagree with them. If you feel mistreated call for a "federal investigation." The goverment will not investigate Bengazi, Fast and Furious, the service of subpoenas on news organizations and the actions of the IRS. It is just clowning around.

What I want is for the federal govenment to stop intruding on more and more of my personal freedoms. Ideally, I would like for Congressmen and Congresswomen to live by the same requirements that the rest of us do. It speaks volumes that they are opting out of Obama Care. After passing it, they see what's in it.

Once upon a time, a wise man said, "Give me liberty or give me death." I concur.
  7. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Try to not be so literal. Of course W would be wearing padding, but it would still be hilarious watching the pit bulls growling and yipping in a frenzy and tearing into him. The crowd would eat it up and I'm lol just thinking about it. Aren't you?
  8. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +764
    ^^^lol!

Yes, that would be funny. As would seeing the Barry rodeo clown getting chased by some bulls.

So, other than the rodeo clowns having to endure the same indignation that us lawyers have had to endure for years--a clown, looking like Barry, holding himself out to be one of us/their own--where's the offense?
  9. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753

We all seem to know he wasn't yet charged with a crime, BUT the NAACP wants there to be a DOJ investigation. Why do you suppose? To charge someone with a crime I'd presume. Why doesn't O just come out and say, "let it go", lead by example for a change. This administration seems to revel in these controversies, trying to draw attention to the poor put upon thin skinned President. I'm sure the clown and the rodeo producers will now be audited by the IRS, visited by OSHA, and every other agency that can be brought in to hassle them. This Chicago style government know one way to work, and that's to bring the weight of the government upon there enemies. They've shown there colors in the way they handle matters and we've seen that in the IRS scandal, and they way they handle whistle blowers. They rule by tyranny.
  10. cjgator76

cjgator76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +294
    Is anyone on this thread suggesting that anyone on this thread is suggesting that?
  11. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    I'm suggesting it, but it may not be the that which you are referring to, in the sense that it is it and not "that"! :grin:
  12. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    Heard Rush say it a couple times this week and he's more or less right -- this blowback against the Rodeo Clown is the next closest thing as the Danish cartoon situation. Thankfully leftists in this country haven't reached the historical leftist apex of systematically eliminating political dissidents, or it would be exactly like the Danish cartoon situation. Or the Rodeo Clown is the American Theo van Gogh, except he had the good sense that instead of blaspheming the religious figure of Islam (which can get you murdered), he blasphemed the religious figure of American liberalism, which can only, so far, get you drummed out of your profession and ostracized.
  13. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    You admit to hearing Rush a couple of times this week? Tied up and held hostage ... Or what?
  14. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +764
    I didn't hear Rush draw that comparision, but I think it's rather fitting.

It's the same pattern, if not MO--silence dissent, and bully ppl. into group think, by feigning indignation.

...and the neo-libbies, whose classical ancestors once championed the virtues of freedom of speech, liberty, not taking oneself too seriously, and individual freedom vis a vis centralized authority--and who vehemently opposed the facsist tendendencies to silence dissent, and bully ppl. into group think, through centralized authority--now champion and practice the very same techniques their former adveraries used to employ.

Apparently it was never a matter of principle--but rather a reflection of the balance of powers.

Then again, perhaps it is, and always was a matter of principle--one controlling principle, that is:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
  15. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    Well, summing the Rodeo Clown up as the American Theo van Gogh was my own touch, but the analogy pretty much as the Rodeo Clown outrage nailed. I won't say that American liberals defending Obama are *just like* Islamic fundamentalists defending Mohammed this week, but it is mostly because the Rodeo Clown's livelihood has been assaulted instead of him actually being murdered.
  16. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,544
    Hey, man, Clowns have rights too !!!

Sharpton stands for this proposition, daily.
  17. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +764
    ^^^exactly right!

They shouldn't have to endure the indignation of having their vocation mocked by being likened to the clown in the oval office, who doesn't take what he does serously at all--that reflects very poorly on the actual rodeo clowns, who do take their work seroiusly. :grin:
  18. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Stop it! You guys are killing me.

High level comedy by the resident righties today, and it's so hard to find any when the subject is clowns.
  19. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    Yes, the subject of this thread is clowns, and their reaction to a rodeo performance.
  20. 92gator

Ratings Received:
    +764
    :grin:

The joke seems to have been lost on so many neo-libbies on here, as they dutifully carried their hero's jock strap, followed the herd, towed the party line, and feigned as much righteous indignation as they could possibly muster--according to their mandate, delivered from on high....

"...must. carry. out. marching. orders...."

--"[name of neo-libby foot soldier], out."

:dog: