"My Train Wreck Conversion"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Dec 27, 2013.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +486
    I did not take it in a bad way but now think I get what you are saying and handle exactly the way you suggest. I do not look to engage her at all anymore as it has yet to get anywhere and really does not do any good for either of us. However if she wants to engage in conversation on the subject I am open in the hopes we can have a cordial discussion. But I am done being proactive in putting forth the effort to explain why we do not see things the same way (I am not judging her and get why she may feel judged) to her. If I thought it would not upset her I would but I am always willing to if she wants to... :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +760
    You've done your commission planting the seed in fertile soil my friend. Prayers that God waters it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +486
    Appreciate that!
  4. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,922
    Well said. Sometimes you just cut your losses, so to speak. Some folks are just impervious to the kind of communication that breaks down barriers--not that it's always their personal fault as our life experiences can certainly shape how we handle situations and interpersonal communications with one another. So unless you "must" get along with this person--say if she were a coworker or in a social group in which you must maintain such relations, maybe it's not worth it. For me, I want to understand others (but that's my job of sorts) but at some point, I can't be bothered by folks who offer no willingness to at least try to communicate back to me. But that's me. Glad you shared the story though. Helpful to think about it.
    • Like Like x 1