My Thoughts on the Winstongate Scandal

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by UFLAW81, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    Didn't your teacher ever teach you that the only 'dumb' question, is the one that goes unasked? ;)

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around what is motivating your apparent headstrong determination to downplay every piece of damning evidence to JW, and overstate every piece that is either remotely vindicating or mitigating, of him--while simultaneously dong just the opposite wrt to the vic.

I don't care for JW. If I didn't think he raped her...I'd say...sorry fella's, I don't see it. And leave it at that.

There is no 'justice' in defending JW here. No point. Nothing to gain--unless your a 'nole, and you're emotionally invested in his 'vindication'.

...yet you keep posting and posting over and over again, how little evidence is damning to jw, and how much is supposedly damning to the vic's case.

I held my peace for several pages of your posts--for several days--today, I finally felt inclined to chime in.

I simply find your determination to this 'cause' to be quite perplexing.

That's all.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +276

You and I or Greg Dent and you are arrested that day.
  3. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +276

When did Johnny Cochran become a Nole fan?

What is interesting is the TPD didnt have to go through a city wide search to find a freshman named Chris on the football team.

What is even more interesting is the victim just had to get a picture of the football team to pick out Mr. Rapist.
    I cant understand that one. She should have easily looked up the team picture and picked him out. My guess is she was afraid to ruffle the feathers of the TPD...who knows when the threats from Angullo really started.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +245
    Ms. Carroll is still speaking out and begging Rick Scott to investigate the TPD.

"The accuser's attorney, Patricia Carroll, tells us ... her client fired off several letters to various officials, including the FL Attorney General, the Federal Dept. of Law Enforcement and Gov. Rick Scott asking for them to help make sure the PD is properly investigated.

As we previously reported, Carroll says the PD bungled the case from the start -- failing to interview witnesses, not testing blood for rape drugs, sitting on the case for 11 months and more.

In fact, Carroll says the accuser has recently been bombarded with letters from other alleged rape victims detailing similar experiences with the Tallahassee PD.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/19/jamei...ation-tallahassee-police-department-governor/
  5. GolphinGator

GolphinGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +140
    Well it seems odd that Rick Scott had no problem stepping on the Sanford PD to prosecute George Zimmerman. Seems the same thing needs to happen here to clear the air.
  6. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +245
    Indeed, he did.

"On 22 March 2012, Florida Governor Rick Scott appointed a special prosecutor, Angela Corey, to take over the investigation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Police_Department_(Florida)

Apparently, he didn't want to be viewed as a racist then, but being perceived as a sexist now is hunky-dory.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tdog

Tdog New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Can you imagine the fallout if Scott appointed a special prosecutor to bring the seminolo-contendere super star to trial? Never mind what might happen if he were convicted. Jesse, Al, Eric, and Owe all over again. Don't think they want another circus in Tallahassee, enough clowns there now.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,148
    Race trumps gender where these issues are concerned. And unlike the Zimmerman/Martin affair, I doubt Eric Holder made any special threats of federal action if Scott failed to act in this case.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,280
    A TPD Public Service Announcement....

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,387
    Trouble in paradise.
  11. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,280
    It seems to me Carroll needs to get some big support behind her to make more noise and ramp up political pressure, or she's just spitting into the wind... am I misreading that?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. atlmover

atlmover Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    The accuser sure is not acting like a false accuser or some one who is unsure if a crime was committed against herself. If her motivation all along was primarily for a civil suit (as the FSU clan have thought) she could have easily dropped her pursuit of justice blaming the failed investigation and lack of interest by TPD/SAO and moved forward with the civil case. The TPD/SAO have provided perfect cover for her to drop the pursuit of a criminal case.

At this point I believe the accuser needs the assistance of a public figure or a strong media outlet to take up her cause pound the drums and move this process forward. Short of strong media coverage and/ or some one else coming forward with new information I doubt much else will come of it (criminal).
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    I personally emailed Rick Scott and told him that he is no different than Obama if he doesn't investigate this. I threatened not to vote for him in the future because it does not matter what political party you represent if you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. It is one of the duties and responsibilities of his office to provide accountability in our state government. If he cannot do this most basic task and he allows corruption to rule under his watch, then he does not deserve the office he resides in. It is really that simple, and that is exactly what I told him in my email.

I think the more people (especially conservatives) that email Rick Scott and tell him that this is inexcusable corruption, the more likely it is that Rick Scott does something about it.
  14. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,280
    So you threatened him with becoming POTUS, huh? ;)

JK. I completely agree with you on his responsibility to maintain accountability in state government. Although I would be surprised if he sees that as anywhere near the level of priority as his political career.
  15. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    If I get a response I will copy and paste it here. I understand how politicians work, and I clearly stated that I will do everything to get fellow conservatives to turn on him if he does not investigate. That is about all I can do. I encourage everyone on GC to email Rick Scott and tell him the exact same thing I did. Click here to email Rick Scott and let him know how you feel.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
    Well that sure is a way to get your email ignored.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,148
    I did the same for what it's worth.
  18. G8RB8R

G8RB8R Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    I think it will be hard for Pat Carroll to gather too much support, until either a relative of the victim, or the victim herself, comes out and demands justice. FWIW, IMO only, her name has already been blasted all over the internet, so her privacy has already been breached. She will have to go public to gather sympathy and support if she wants justice to be done. She has to prove her credibility to the public, as too many think of her as anything but a rape victim. Again, this is just my opinion, but I am 100% in her corner. If I were her father, there is nothing I would not do in order to punish JW for what he did, including revealing my identity.
  19. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,387
    The victim of this sadistic brutal rape will be speaking out soon.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +414
    I think at this point everyone thinks of her as a "cleat chaser" and interested in an easy buck. The initial reports claiming that the perp was 5 9 while Winston was 6 5 added to that view. It was like she was hurling wild accusations at a famous person just because he was famous. (Some here still mention the height issue- even though it's irrelevant. Winston has been positively ID'd at the scene. I actually think it was part of a disinformation campaign by FSU.)

If she were to make a plea, then people will see a real person behind these charges. It would be a game changer.

That said- I don't know if I would be courageous enough if I was in her shoes. So I don't blame her for staying quiet, but I agree this may be the only thing to change things. That- or get a new lawyer.
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.