My Thoughts on the Winstongate Scandal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFLAW81, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmonteag

rmonteag Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +137
    I dislike FSU, but this is wishful thinking on your part.
  2. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,715
    If and when Winston submits to a DNA test and if and when it comes back positive and if and when he is arrested, I would hope you come back here and apologize to the victim.
  3. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +559
    Are you going to apologize to Winston if he is cleared? Are you really a lawyer?
  4. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,885
    I think his avatar picture is him. :laugh:

I kid
  5. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Lol. It is just stupid to me.
  6. Helmetnuts

Helmetnuts New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
  7. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    Apologize for what? I've said here and in another thread about this topic that I hope the cops catch the guy who did this. I really hope it is not Winston, but if it is then I think he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I've continued to point out that no one really knows what the facts of the case are outside of when it happened, when the victim ID'd Winston, the victim wasn't cooperating until recently and the statements from Winston's lawyers.

The point I've been trying to make is that is much more likely this is a case of the TPD not being able to do much with the investigation because there was no where to go with it, than there is some grand conspiracy by the FSU Athletic Department, the TPD, and the SAO to cover this thing up.

I'm kinda done with this thread as there is no point speculating any further until more facts come out and that probably is not going to happen any time soon.
  8. RattlerGator

RattlerGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,070
    I agree, I'm trying to not get too involved in the story or the thread. But there's something here that REALLY bugs me and I guess I'm going to have to just leave it alone and let the process (which has already been clearly corrupted -- would you agree withthat, CaptUSMCNole?) take its course.

Here's what bugs me, Captain. Don't we already know this isn't an incident of mistaken identity? Don't we already know that? A man who has an alibi, and witnesses to support the alibi, doesn't need to indicate that he will not speak with the authorities of his own volition -- thereby invoking his right to not self-incriminate.

Does he?

So it appears that we know something happened and Jameis was clearly involved.

It also now appears that the girl *was* an FSU student. Hmmmmmmm.

It also now appears that she first called the police from her dorm that night. Hmmmmmmm.

And it was the FSU police that she called.

So . . . FSU officially has to know there is an open dispute between FSU students, even if the event occurred off-campus. Doesn't that invoke student disciplinary proceedings? This is pulled from an FSU website:
    If this girl turns out to be an FSU student, and there was some misconduct that was swept under the rug -- even if determined not to be a rape -- there could still be an NCAA angle to this case. Did the FSU police or any FSU officials advise this girl of her on-campus complaint rights? Did they provide any victim assistance to her? Or did they instead subject her to pressure to not go forward with charges?

This story has quite a few layers, Captain, quite a few. Not the least of which is FSU's history as a girls school. If they have shown a certain disregard to a female student *or* victim, man oh man.
  9. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,715
    No one is jumping to conclusions that Winston is guilty of rape.

But that something is amiss here is quite obvious.

If Winston is to be cleared he should have been cleared last winter.
  10. navygator88

navygator88 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +206
    Which by all accounts he was until TMZ got their hands on the story, triggering the current CYA cluster from TPD and the SAO.
  11. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +545
    I don't think Winston was ever cleared ... despite what Winston's lawyer says, TPD says the case was never closed. It took TMZ getting on the story to light a fire under some asses to get the case moving again.

It's probably going to come down to what the DNA says, and if the DNA says Winston was there, then there probably will be a s@#t storm, since people are going to be asking why the DNA wasn't obtained 8 months ago ...

I don't think anyone knows the truth at this point ... is she lying or confused? Are the affidavits truthful? The DNA will likely decide if this case goes forward or not.
  12. CRIMDEFgator

CRIMDEFgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +122
    You guys know what I do from my name and some reactions here trouble me. I hate the Noles but rape allegations against famous guys based only on one witness testimony (as this appears to be) are ridiculously unreliable. As for why did the cops work so slowly and not just pull the trigger on an arrest, are you kidding me? Who would want to jump to destroying this guy's life if the claim was false? Would you? Really? I have handled a bunch of situations like this and false claims are statistically significant. I repped one of the most famous athletes in the country on one of these where the police held off on an arrest and the State ultimately ruled no probable cause. That "victim" just wanted money and her lawyers howled and screamed for an arrest until we started asking to see her phones and computers.... Yup, turned out she had searched things like my client's salary and net worth and contacted a suing kind of lawyer before she ever called law enforcement. Stuff like this can happen to a Gator player just as easily as Winston.... Oh and for those of you who point out he didn't give a statement but went and hired a top-notch criminal defense attorney. Give me a break! You would ORDER your son to do the same thing if he was off at college and you heard this was going on. If you did not ORDER your son to do that, then you would be a retard.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    Nothing will ever come of this until the football season is over with, you can bet on that.
  14. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,715

I get it.

Which is why this should have been disposed of last winter.

Now what?

Would have you let this linger for so long?

I would have put it out like a campfire in the woods during a drought.

This has been mishandled.

At least admit to that.
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,663
    Presently, it seems that the whole thing has been mishandled. I'm interested in seeing what facts come to light (if they do).
  16. CRIMDEFgator

CRIMDEFgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +122
    I do UFLAW. You make a good point. This should have been definitively handled long ago. It is hard to say if it is garden variety official negligence or favoritism of FSU (regardless of guilt or innocence), or both. Either way, I don't think it reflects on Winston's involvement or lack thereof, as he is a kid and not responsible for process. If I had to guess I would say no one wanted to step up and wear the big boy pants to be a decision maker. Sometimes the cops and SAO just stand around and point at each other. In the case I mentioned we had the head SVU prosecutor for our area step up and meet with detectives and review all the evidence. She signed off on no arrest/no PC and was later thrown under the bus by an agency source for it. It all worked out in the end though.
  17. RattlerGator

RattlerGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,070
    The point here is that TPD sat on this thing. It appears that somebody was OBVIOUSLY trying to convince the woman not to go forward. The Democrat is reporting this afternoon, with clarity, the case was never closed. It remained "open-inactive" until recently. There is no mistaken identity, there is no Jameis was protecting a friend (as I was hoping). The woman claims she was raped by Jameis.

In February her attorney said she didn't want to go forward. Case goes to open-inactive.

Why, by February, had the case not been turned over to the SAO, CrimeDEF? Why?
  18. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,280

It's why from what I've heard that I also believe nothing will come of this.
  19. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,715
    I don't think CrimeDEF completely disagrees with you Rattler. His point of view is defending the accused, which can be holy hell when you consider the resources the state has to prosecute you, right or wrong.

But still, you and I agree there is a sense of corruption surrounding this entire "investigation".

BTW, don't think for a second I'm in Aaron Hernadez's camp. To me, he is a disgrace.
  20. RattlerGator

RattlerGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,070
    Yeah, I think I agree. Still want to know from CrimDEF why the case sat there and did not get forwarded to the state attorney.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.