1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

My Thoughts on the Winstongate Scandal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFLAW81, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melgators

Melgators New Member

Ratings Received:
    +12
    My call to ESPN has been made also .
  2. Melgators

Melgators New Member

Ratings Received:
    +12
    My daughter and husband have called in support of Heather.
  3. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +477
    Maybe someone should send a brief synopsis of the "efforts" of Meggs and the TPD to clear their hero's name to the Nancy Grace show. It doesnt take a genius to see the girl didnt get a fair shake.
  4. munciegator

munciegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    I will be curious to see what happens with the Greg Dent case. The SAO better have a "mountain" of evidence against him considering what they bypassed on Winston. My guess (and I could be totally wrong) is they don't have nearly as much. The big difference will be that Dent doesn't have two football compadres vouching for him.
  5. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 Gators Fan Advocate VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,215
    http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64469260

"
    A handful of reporters did express discomfort with the RAPE ALLEGATIONS ARE FUNNY, AMIRITE routine via social media, but the soulless cackles of jackasses were what the world saw and heard.

Nothing got any better when the cameras cut back to ESPN's set. A basic recap of the press conference was followed by an inevitable pivot to what really matters: Winston's Heisman chances and FSU's path to a National Championship. Yes, a rape victim who became punchline fodder for a State Attorney, then became a dehumanized abstraction that had finally been removed from FSU's glorious path to making a few more bucks off unpaid labor."
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +902
    How many times are you going to post that the media is going to be all over this thing? It's so tired at this point. You just keep posting the same thing over and over again. It is the equivalent of telling us "water is wet" at this point. REALLY? DUH.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,215
    Water is wet, except when frozen.
    Troll elsewhere.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +902
    Lol right, I'm the troll, since I'm the one who's been posting the same liberal/media/conspiracy stuff multiple times on every single thread even remotely related to Jameis Winston.
  9. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,023
    Uggh. I made the mistake of reading the blogosphere about Heather Cox's question.

Overwhelmingly blasting her for that question. I just don't get it. It was an easy question - one that anyone could have easily answered - guilty or innocent.

Why didn't he speak out? Because his attorney advised him not to. Everyone knows the answer to this question, right? What other explanation is there? It is the truth, it has to be the truth, anyone on this board with any legal background said it was the best legal advice any lawyer would give him. He was afraid to say that? How could that be used against him? It is the only possible answer that someone innocent could possibly have, right?

I know why the mainstream media is afraid to challenge this reaction. ESPN is probably the only network big enough to not get totally intimidated by the college football money machine. Unfortunately, all the questions that some of us hoped would get answered might not even be asked. Whatever side you're on in this thing, one or both sides got wronged because of the way it was handled and it shouldn't fade away.

Like I've said before, this isn't just a legal thing and you have to live in the court of public opinion if you're a celebrity.

He's a quarterback with the best natural ability I've ever seen but either stupid or guilty or both.

What is more telling was his answer to the other question - that he had to be more mature. What? He had consensual sex, right? I guess he's going to stop doing that and I know this is where the nolies jump in and talk about how trashy she was and what he meant was he's only going to have consensual sex with good girls.

It's a legit question nolies and "because my attorney advised me" is a legit answer. People who are angry about that are just angry because, once again, Winston looks bad.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +648
    I had the same thoughts as benheb. I think not answering it was a "Heisman voter" move ... it's a tough question to answer without sounding guilty. While "my attorney told me not say a word" is the correct answer, it sounds like the words of someone with something to hide, and I can see way walking away was the best move.

But, if I were a Heisman voter, I'd want to hear something from him directly. Reporters should keep asking Winston the tough questions, and Winston should be willing to answer them, if he wants people to vote for him for a prestigious award. The case being dropped due to "memory lapses" in the legally intoxicated victim's story is not the same thing as saying Winston is innocent. I think a lot of voters may leave him off their ballot.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mfpardnor2

mfpardnor2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,386
    I think Winston will get a record number of third place votes. Most voters will say they voted for him just couldn't vote him #1.
  12. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,215
    Wouldn't they just leave him off of the ballot?
  13. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,215
    "In fact, for any woman who watched Willie Meggs chortle his way through last week's press conference, the message was clear: When accusing someone of rape, bruises aren't enough. Blood in your underwear isn't enough. The rapist's DNA isn't enough. Your testimony isn't enough."

http://deadspin.com/why-i-believe-jameis-winstons-accuser-1479782169

"If it's still hard to understand why women don't report being raped, look no further than the press conference given by Florida State Attorney Willie Meggs, announcing that Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston would not be charged with sexual assault."

Meggs giggled throughout the entire event, an entire chorus of law enforcement officers chuckling along behind him. Because, after all, what's funnier than announcing that you can't prove that a rape has been committed against a college student?

Meggs went on to say that there was no evidence that sex between Winston and the victim was "a forceful act." Sure, that could be true, if you ignore the bruises that a sexual-assault nurse noticed on her left knee and right elbow, the blood in her underwear on her shorts, and the fact that Winston's DNA was found in her panties. And that she called two friends immediately after the encounter; we don't know what she told them, but it was serious enough that one of the friends called her parents and the other called the cops."
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,215
  15. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,215

That we can agree on.
  16. phideltgator

phideltgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +461
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. pringleg

pringleg VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +101
    On the interview questions by Heather Cox, to me that is the price of fame. At some point Jameis is going to have to make some kind of a real statement on the situation so someone should be crafting that for him to memorize right now. Do they seriously believe that they can control all of the questions that he will face as a Heisman contender and quarterback of a team in the BCSCG? Guaranteed someone is going to ask him about the situation. For all the screwy questions reporters ask, remember the one that asked Tebow if he was a virgin? I know they might not want to talk about it but do you think other famous people (after all he is Famous Jameis) have wanted to talk about their problems/issues? They didn't want to but they did because the more you avoid talking about them. It seems to me that the more you try to avoid comment the more the public demands comments.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,215
    You cannot file a lawsuit and then refuse to testify in your own lawsuit.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,418
    QFT. (...and because it's funny as hell). ;)

btw, that phone # for ESPN again, is: ESPN: 888/549-3776, option 3.

In case anyone wants to call in and voice their support for Heather Cox.
  20. jrcg8tor

jrcg8tor Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +591
    It is amazing to me, although it should not be, that on Warchant they just do not understand that in the media, just because there were no charges filed, that this is not going away anytime soon. They do not understand how that blowing up Heather Cox's twitter account with negative messages is not going to do anything but increase the scrutiny.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.