My Thoughts on the Winstongate Scandal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFLAW81, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    In one of the Incident Reports (sorry, I don't remember which one) a police officer says that her description of the apartment matches Winston's apartment. So at some point they visited his apartment. More importantly, it's just one more fact supporting her version of events.

The more one reads all this stuff the more appalling Meggs' "no charge" becomes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,560
    I am a second amendment kind of guy.
    once you start thinking about how to defend yourself, you start thinking about how to avoid trouble.
    But if I make a mistake in judgement and look you in the eye, out come Kimber.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. phideltgator

phideltgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +444
    That is the paradox. Do we live life in fear of the bad guys or do we live life with no fear because we know the bad guys will pay when they are caught. Now if we could hang a few rapist and show there is zero tolerance, I got a feeling our daughters could order a mixed drink intrepidly.
    But the Meggs Team of nonsense sets all of us back into the dark ages.
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,783
    So now we're getting somewhere.

You're not going to intentionally go places and do things that put you at significant risk... but you will defend yourself in the occasion you get put at risk anyway.

All good.

And all I'm saying is we should make sure our family and friends take the same approach. Getting drunk and hopping in a car with a group of guys you don't know is putting yourself at significant risk. It's dumb.
  5. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,560
    Unfortunately, young people, girls included, make dumb decisions.
    My life is full of them.
    The best thing I ever did was grow up.
    Being grown up is boring but rewarding.
  6. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +6,783
    Good points. I don't at all believe we should live life in fear. We should live life with some common sense and awareness of our surroundings.
  7. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +475
    You're absolutely right. Education of your daughters are very important. YYou can bet that I will tell my daughter one day my whole story. I will tell anyone I can now to prevent it. II won't be easy for me. I made similar mistakes and looking back I recognize the warning signs. Hindsight is 20/20 and before I was very naive. Not so anymore.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +6,783
    Made a few dumb decisions myself. And know my daughter will as well... just hope as much as possible to put her in a good frame of mind to avoid some of those dumb decisions... especially the ones with significant adverse consequences associated with them.
  9. gatorgrl

Ratings Received:
    +475
    It's not that way sometimes. I still don't know how I would react if I saw him again. I saw him a short time later smirking with his friends and I had enough wherewithal to tell him that he knew what he did to me and to stay away from me. TThen I ran. I saw him some time later at the UF bookstore across the room and I high tailed it out of there. It was the last time I was on campus very a very long time. Probably about 4 years until I was certain he'd either graduated or dropped out.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +547
    So after all this- was the "cleatchaser" charge true? Was that in the report?
    Also- did the report say there was there any evidence on her phone?

I just think it's strange that she reported a rape so quickly if she was simply going after an athlete.
    Something doesn't add up.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,060
    Interesting point. This would reconcile her voluntarily going not just to the apartment, but into the room with JW--to have intercourse (per the pol. report)--to when/how it becomes rape. I was having a hard time with that one yesterday. But if she consents to vaginal intercourse, but resists anal intercourse....that's still very much rape--but it would shift the issue from consensual sex, to consent to anal penetration.

I was under the impression that she was claiming rape for the entire sexual encounter--when I read that in the pol. report, about going into the apartment to have intercourse, it seemed like the TPD had maybe taken some editorial liberties with her version, was inaccurate, or such. Maybe she was just claiming rape concerning the 'rear entry' if you will (not trying to make light; just trying not to be vulgar).
  12. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +864
    Education of our sons is very important, too......to respect women and how to have a healthy relationship.

Women have had the burden to carry the blame and responsibility.....it's time for society to shift that to our young men.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +6,783
    The story told by Casher and Darby definitely painted her as a "cleat chaser", as well as the sex being consensual.

Agree that a quick report like that and going through the rape kit would strongly lean towards it really being a rape, though.
  14. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,560
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +337
    I still think she was slipped a mickey by that one unidentified fellow in the bar. I wonder how thorough those toxicologists were with their analysis. Dig this.

"It is difficult to estimate the number of Rohypnol-facilitated rapes in the United States. Very often, biological samples are taken from the victim at a time when the effects of the drug have already passed and only residual amounts remain in the body fluids. These residual amounts are difficult, if not impossible, to detect using standard screening assays available in the United States. If Rohypnol exposure is to be detected at all, urine samples need to be collected within 72 hours and subjected to sensitive analytical tests. The problem is compounded by the onset of amnesia after ingestion of the drug, which causes the victim to be uncertain about the facts surrounding the rape. This uncertainty may lead to critical delays or even reluctance to report the rape and to provide appropriate biological samples for toxicology testing."

http://www.drugs.com/rohypnol.html
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gatorgrl

Ratings Received:
    +475
    My son is 16 now and I haven't told him my story yet. But we have spoken about respect women are due in any kind of sexual encounter. He doesn't like to talk about it much because he he is home schooled and has yet to go on a first date. He's shy too. I worry about a viper getting a hold of him, but that would be a badge of honor for most guys. Not him I think.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,176
    seems unlikely because she seemed coherent to the police just hours after the alleged attack and was able to text and speak on the phone.

18. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,560
    The only way we will know is if someone comes forward and admits to this.
  19. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +547
    On another site an FSU fan that #cleatchaser was her hashtag on twitter. The fan said it was in the report but perhaps that was something more that he wanted to hear than was actually true.
  20. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,914
    If by "the report" he means the same FSU gossip sites that thought they had discovered proof of a pre-existing relationship between the victim and Winston - a relationship that Meggs specifically said they looked for and could not find any evidence of - than the FSU fan is correct.

If by "the report" he means the documents that TPD released, he's wrong. The TPD documents are searchable by text and the letter string "cleat" does not appear anywhere in it.
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.