My Thoughts on the Winstongate Scandal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFLAW81, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +501
    It was from an article from Orlando Sentinal and TB Times when this all hit. I will try to find it, but yes, his lawyer intimated that Winston was not involved/wasnt there, until he said it was consentual once DNA proved he was involved. But yes, through his lawyer, his statement changed. Maybe Winston wasnt being straight with his lawyer, until he got caught. As for the guessesas to whothe victim is, I bet they dont even have the right girl. Reddit peeps had some guy pinned for th Marathon bombings, and guess what, they tagged the wrong person. Anyone spreading info on anyone is dead wrong to do it.
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Right, but you said he should have been suspended as soon as they learned he was part of the investigation. Lower threshold or not, he can't be assumed guilty by any institution. That's just wretched precedent.
  3. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +764
    Totally agree. That story doesn't make any sense at all. I also thought it was a ridiculous to think that her accounts had been deleted and therefore the digital trail has disappeared. It certainly smells like a reprehensible smear campaign to me. Another poster claimed this case seemed weird and I agree - it does when you try to match the possible scenarios against what is happening unless you go with just one of them... that he did everything the accuser is claiming he did.

Whatever ends up happening, there should be a lot of splaining to do.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gilchristgator

gilchristgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    a plea to what before the bcscg? i am a complete green horn when it comes to criminal plea bargins, but a charge of assault, sexual battery or anything remotely not consensual and fsu plays this guy in the bcsg, the press will make them wish they were never accredited as an academic institution (if they are an academic institution at all).
  5. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +726
    He pleads to a misdemeanor battery charge or some other gift from the Leon Co SAO, and is eligible to play.
  6. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +804
    FWIW, Jon Morosi is reporting that Meggs told him a decision around December 9th is likely. They were close to making a decision when new evidence came forward, whatever the heck that might be.

If I had to guess, they aren't going to be able to avoid charging him at this point. If the rumors of the pictures showing injuries are true, it doesn't really matter what the witnesses say he did. My guess is that some piece of evidence held them off from making charges earlier, though.
  7. RemainCalm

RemainCalm Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +504
    If the decision is in the Dec. 9 area, my guess is they have enough to charge him with something. This "evidence" is a "ploy" to hold off the masses. While the "evidence" is floating around, the SA office is working with the victim's family and JW camp to come up with some sort of deal that will make the victims family happy and JW side happy. They charge him with a misdemeanor, he admits some kind of "wrong doing", does some community service, says he's sorry and stay eligible.
  8. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +408
    If the girl has injuries...he has a major problem regardless if it was consensual.

I still think the most damning evidence of his likely guilt is the fact that Jimbo had to wait to name him starter. NO WAY and I mean NO WAY Coker was anywhere close to Winston on the field! The fans who watched it knew it and so did Jimbo...but why the debate fro starter? Unless he just got two one in a million players in one year (read highly unlikely) Fisher was waiting until the last second to see if it could blow over. Either he gave in to Winston's superior talent and assumed the risk was reasonable or the TPD said "no worries" coach we shut her up. With the Gainesville police Winston is charged last year...in Tally maybe not at all. Where is Gloria Alred when you need her?
  9. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +804
    One thing I've read that I don't see a lot of people talking about is that the victims attorney would have NEVER advised her to go forward with the case unless they felt like there was significant evidence to prove their claims.

The fact is, no one really knows what is going on right now. But obviously, there is enough evidence to hold out this long, which probably points to a trial somewhere down the road. More than likely, Meggs and crew are trying to figure out exactly how they want to attack the case. If there wasn't evidence, the whole thing likely would have been resolved already. And you know there is pressure in Tallahassee to end this thing as swiftly as possible.
  10. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +357
    I heard that they also believe that his jizz was pretending to be Jameis' Jizz and that's what fooled the DNA test.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,731
    It seems they are obtaining additional forensic evidence to support a multicount information against Winston.

But then again, maybe there is credible exculpatory evidence, it just doesn't seem to be coming to light and we would know about it if it were there.

If Winston is charged, then I will have lost all faith in those who govern college football. He is still the leading candidate for multiple awards, which he deserves to win, unless he is a rapist.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    It's always possible that the accuser lied to her attorney and the attorney didn't do all that the SA may be doing to double-check her claim. What to me is stronger evidence of a sexual assault is that she went to a hospital and subjected herself to "rape kit" testing immediately after the incident. How many women who just had consensual sex do that, especially when the accused is a college freshman rather than a wealthy pro athlete?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +518
    A thousand times this. I can't even imagine how humiliating this would be.
  14. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,731
    It just doesn't happen.
    What if Winston is arrested and then awarded the Heisman?
    What a black eye for college football.
  15. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    That's exactly what I've been thinking, a misdemeanor lesser charge for which Fisher isn't about to suspend him. I just can't believe the SA would let him play in our game and the ACCCG but then charge him with a felony right before the NC game. If the SA is really waiting for some evidence he hasn't yet received then it wouldn't shock me at all to later learn it was evidence he needs to support a lesser charge (whatever that might be), not evidence to charge or not charge with sexual assault.
  16. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,677
    Heard last night he isn't even on 20 percent of the ballots that have been returned so far. Don't think he is going to to win it.
    Bu even the idea of him finishing in the top 3 and seeing his name as a finalist will look bad.
  17. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,668
    If he is arrested (huge if), I wonder if he will be able to appear via satellite from the Leon County lock-up.
  18. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,668
    Yes, it is. If she did and allowed her attorney to spead that lie, then this case is probably over regardless of any other evidence. However, that does not feel very probable at the moment. We will see.
  19. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,283

This is my point too...

Now, I just heard on local radio out of Tally that it will be a "few more days" before DA Willie Meggs makes an official decision on whether or not to charge Winston, which probably means some time next week after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Whatever decision he makes is moot to me, I personally would just like to see this case resolved, because if this case ended up being drawn out all the way to the end of bowl season and then Winston was charged after the BCSCG, then you know without a doubt it was drawn out to accommodate fsu's run at a title.

Let's just get a ruling on this and bee done with it.
  20. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,731
    Gray, there is a major sports network and several major sponsors that are beside themselves right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.