My Thoughts on the Winstongate Scandal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFLAW81, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +695
    I posted this in another thread but FSU and TPD really need to look long and hard at the indictments handed down yesterday in Steubenville, OH for the cover up of that rape incident.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 All Glory to Zarathustra VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    I saw that it is right on.
    There was coverage on Fox and CNN. I didn't see MSNBC but I am sure they will get to it.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    "If this was an under-the-radar case of sexual assault allegations, the perceived lack of investigation would be troubling just from a competence standpoint. But when you consider it involved a high-profile athlete at a high-profile university, then it makes you wonder whether there were other motivations for closing the case with so little fuss."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...lleged-rape-case-no-matter-which-side/2154196
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    As a father of two soon-to-be college age girls, if I receive a call that my daughter has been raped and she IDs the rapist as a famous college football player and he is not immediately arrested I am on the phone with TPD and SA office for an explanation. If not convinced then it only takes ONE PHONE CALL TO CNN/FOX NEWS/ESPN to light a fire and they do not publicly ID rape victims.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. noleatl

noleatl New Member

Ratings Received:
    +39
    This is exactly why one needs to question the whole incident. Why did the alleged victim, family and attorney go quiet for so long? I would be driving my truck through TPD if it were my daughter and the police weren't doing anything. Key will be the two alleged witnesses reported shortly after the alleged attack.
  7. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
  8. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    What two witnesses reported shortly after the attack?
  9. scamgtr

scamgtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +296
    Well, its pretty simple. They felt the TPD had no interest in pursuing a sexual assault case against Winston. If you had an officer tell you the things that the victim and her attorney were allegedly told, you would not have any faith that your daughter was going to be protected during this process.

Some rape victims, rightly or wrongly, do not want to press charges for many reasons. Some are so traumatized by the even that they cannot bring themselves to face their accuser. Some do not think they will be believed. Some just want to forget it ever happened.

Trying to divine that it didn't happen based on the fact she didn't press the "authorities" ignores the fact that she made allegations that the very people that were supposed to protect her were trying to protect Winston instead. I suspect that this probably had a great deal to do with the victim not wanting to press charges...

Furthermore, if she were trying to gain notoriety or a pay-off, why would she spring this now? How come she hasn't released her identity? What payoff could she expect from a RS Freshman QB that hasn't made a dime?

This whole narrative makes absolutely no sense.

The only "cleat-chaser" in this God-awful scenario was Det. Angulo.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. denny_crane

denny_crane Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +493
    Did anyone notice the retiree booster in the Miami Herald article pulled out the " Boys will be boys" phrase?
  11. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    Yes.
    This quote will get play in the national media.
  12. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Meggs said today that there is "not a lot" work left to do in the investigation, but that an announcement on whether Winston will be charged won't happen this week. "When we get done, the whole world will know," Meggs told Fox Sports.

13. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    Here is a nice article on Fox;

Ghttp://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...e-pass-on-winston-that-meyer-would-not-112613

"If you compare how Meyer handled a much less serious violence allegation against a woman involving a star player this year with how Fisher and Florida State have handled a much more serious allegation involving violence against women featuring a star player, there's no comparison. One acted and suspended a player even in the absence of charges, while the other has done nothing at all."
  14. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +747
    THIS....is what is most disturbing about it. Sorry, but innocent until proven guilty is for the courts. He shouldn't be playing. The university should have done a better job with this.
  15. UFLAW81

Ratings Received:
    +3,729
    Well, there could be very significant exculpatory evidence.
    Or, there could be very significant inculpatory evidence.
    Perhaps Meggs is having this reviewed by another office or law enforcement agency.
    No one can worry about when he is charged.
    The issue is should he be charged.
  16. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    I've been lockstep with you most of this thread, but I vehemently disagree with this.
  17. scamgtr

scamgtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +296
    That is the main theme here...the problem with the case is the TPD dropped the ball and there will always be questions about his guilt because the "investigation" was handled in a manner that was inconsistent with other sexual assault cases. Why he was never questioned and DNA taken when he was identified in January will always be a question that outsiders will always have.

UFLAW81 - if Meggs announces that his office will not be filing charges do you think he will outline his specific reasons for not doing so? I think the circumstances created by the TPD will almost necessitate addressing some of the questions related to the investigation. However, I think not addressing the time line in the investigation may create the appearance of impropriety; which I don't think his office wants.
  18. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,012
    You guys should hear from the fsu faithful what I've been hearing today when I brought this up in a forum about Winston.

I said I was defending Winston until the DNA match happened, and since Winston then conveniently changed his story since that match occurred (Oops! Oh yeah! I did have sex with that girl, but it was consensual!) :roll: some of these nolies are now saying this girl was a sex-craved 'Ho who slept with half a dozen football players that night and that it was a UF student who started this entire conspiracy!

Wow, just wow.
  19. Cosmo

Cosmo Member

Ratings Received:
    +223
    Source? If I am right it was everyone making rumors about what happened, Winston never say anything.
    • Boring Boring x 1
  20. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,012
    Winston said he didn't have anything to do with this and then later recanted and said he'd had consensual sex with her when they matched the DNA. That was according to another post in another thread by someone who seemed intimately familiar with this case.

Don't ask me to find it though, I'm so confused with this new format right now I can hardly find anything here. lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.