My Obamacare Nightmare Continues

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by madgator, Jan 21, 2014.

1. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    yes for cryin out loud i know who juan williams is!!!!!!!!!!

can we get back to the real reason that mad is having a health insurance nightmare? sheesh!
  2. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +823

My policy was canceled due to certain of what Juan Williams claims is essential and humane coverages that were lacking in many policies.

the following 10 categories: ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care.”

If I choose a policy that specifically doesn't provide one or a combination of any of these services.....shouldn't that be my choice?

Increasing the minimum standards of insurance by government mandate, thus taking choice away from the consumer is not the fault of the insurance company. It is the result of the law.

If not for the law, I would still have a policy that fit my needs and budget perfectly. I never had an issue with the insurance company paying my claims on any procedure from anyone in my family and I was with the same carrier for 9 years.

Everything was fine on all fronts until the law was enacted......but hey, at least I have maternity care to the tune of $400.00/month additional.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    you DO know he's not the 'most liberal' reporter, right? lol
  4. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +823

my doctor dropped my new insurance from their accepted carriers because of the new fee schedule........which is of course mandated by what law?
  5. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +823

and? Does that equate him with William F. Buckley?
  6. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    also, if someone reports 'facts' as 'facts', it doesn't mean 'ignore this, rightwingers'.
  7. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    ah. i see. and did you know that every year, waaaaaaaaaaaaay before there was an 'aca', that businesses/companies (etc) always ALWAYS RE-negotiated with the insurance company that they'd been using, and if those negotiations didn't work out favorably for either entity, then your (or anyone else's) company would search for a new one. ditto with providers. not all providers accept all insurance, surely this isn't news? this happens every year, thousands of times a year...
  8. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +694
    This thread lacks complete sentences.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,768
    Come on Verti that is bunk. I had a plan I wanted and was comfortable with because it met my needs. Because of the ACA my policy no longer exists. You can't tell someone that their policy did not suit their needs when you're not in their shoes. Now I'm uninsured and not exactly better off.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +823
    The fact is that the new law requires additional coverage aspects that don't and won't ever need but I have to pay for to the tune of a little over $400.00 over my old policy......

please explain to me how I had inferior coverage before? Any services that I needed were paid for exactly as prescribed by my plan. I had coverage that met my needs both in terms of healthcare and cost factoring both immediate and emergency contingencies.

my plan was not ACA compliant because it didn't provide coverage for things which Juan Williams considers essential and humane (even though I would NEVER need said coverages)

and now I have to pay close to 100% more per month than I did previously.....

all of this is a result of the requirements of the new law.....but I'm supposed to blame the insurance company.

exactly why am I supposed to blame the insurance company? because they didn't force me to pay for coverage that I didn't need or want?

that doesn't make sense

the law is MAKING me pay for things I don't need or want at a much higher cost. This is the insurance companies fault????
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +823

Exactly....the whole basis of their position is absolutely ridiculous.

Basically it's this

-You're a moron who was getting ripped off by your insurance company cause they were giving you inferior coverage

-You're now going to have complete coverage which includes a lot of things that you will never use or need

-You are going to pay considerably more for this coverage.....a portion of which you need like you need a butthole on your elbow.

-Thanks to the ACA you are now better off as the government is protecting you from those bad insurance companies.

-Juan Williams said so
  12. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    so your doctor is saying he won't accept your new plan cuz it doesn't pay him enough? really? and you haven't looked into this? he won't even accept you out of network? and if he does, and he's worth it, what's the amount extra for out of net versus in net, in your plan?
    and if you have even more reasons for hating your plan, ever consider actually looking for another plan? sort of like when we buy material things we don't like: find a brand we DO like.
  13. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +838
    I go to Publix over the years and buy groceries, one dept in fruit and veggies. I know what I like, prefer and make my own decisions. I like onions, peppers, limes, apples and bananas. I do not like Brussels sprouts or squash. I don't buy them. I am happy with what I buy and where I buy it.

Then a new mgr came in and told me that I had to buy Brussels sprouts and squash. But I don't eat them , I told him. Too bad. You must buy them every week if you want the apples, peppers, etc. So my costs go up.

So I get in line and must pay more, even though I don't want the add'l groceries. I look in front of me in line is a fat ass woman with 5 kids. She goes thru the line free. Why doesn't she have to pay I ask.

Because the Mgr says so. And by the way, the price of what you wanted just went up to pay for hers too.

I run to the parking lot to ask the fat ass woman with 5 kids what is she doing that I am not. She tells me that the my problem is with the farmer, not the store manager. My complaint should be with them.

So I leave Publix and decide to shop elsewhere.....only there is no elsewhere.
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  14. madgator

Ratings Received:
    +823
    yes, there is a cost benefit determination in accepting policies as a provider. there are only so many hours in a day and such things as overhead in running a business.

Yes, I can pay out of network prices. So what's the point of the insurance?

I already talked about going to a plan of which my doctor is a provider.....the cost is extremely high for that policy. Basically, the doctor is opting out of low paying plans. That is his choice. He is an excellent doctor.

The point is that I HAD A PLAN THAT I LIKED!!!!!

The increased coverage requirements of the law made it non-ACA compliant. Those coverage requirements are something that I will never ever ever ever need. But yet, I have to pay for them.

and I'm supposed to blame the insurance company
    • Like Like x 1
  15. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    so what's up with your old plan?

Plans bought before March 23, 2010, when the law known as Obamacare was enacted, can stay in effect under a “grandfather” clause if they haven’t changed significantly since then.
    yes, you're supposed to blame the insurance company. you're ALWAYS supposed to blame the insurance company. they're in the business to make money, not make or keep you well. you guys know this, right? they don't like the idea of the government telling them they have to cover sick people. (pre existing, catastrophic illnesses, etc etc)
    they're a middle man, in a business that would work a lot better without a middle man.
  16. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    i'm sorry you had a plan that you liked, and now you don't. have you looked for another yet? i mean, really looked? you need to do that, you need to see if there's a better plan available that DOES cover your son's doc. instead of getting pissed and staying pissed, see if there's a better option.
  17. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,298
    just want to make some things clear verti
    yes it came from Fox News
    yes Juan Williams is a liberal
    and yes it is an opinion piece

when your beloved prezBO and your beloved dem party passed the aca, it required insurance companies to add things to everyones policy-to do so meant they had to scrap the plans people had that did not include things they no longer need and get a policy that met the new requirements-those new requirements are in there to force people to pay higher premiums for things they will NEVER use to cover the added cost for those new people who are going to get a subsidy

it is another dem redistribution plan
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    s
    he's liberal for FOX.

sort of like joe scarborough is conservative for msnbc.
  19. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +153
    Verti, you are a shill for Obama.My daughter's policy was fine for her,but Big Brother in a cram down democrat only supported law, said NO.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  20. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,446
    yes it's an opinion piece. but isn't this all about opinion? isn't his opinion valid? fox must think so, since he's on their roster.
    he's basing his opinion on facts, like most people besides anyone over there at breitbart.