My dad, sister and nephew are all wearers of the Garnet and Gold, and I made the 4hr trip from the coast to Charlotte...to go to the game with them. Some things jumped out at me. 1. Orange and Blue clad Gator nation was everywhere. There were 4 groups of Gators all decked out, within a conversational area of my seats...The Nolies were giving it to us pretty good...but it was all good natured and most of them high-fived and laughed with us about it. One Gator two rows above me declared..."Hey this is our bowl game! We get to wear blue, and root against FSU...Go DUKE!" That got a laugh from everyone, nolies...included. It was funny the number of Gators rooting for Duke, and the Number of Tarheels rooting for FSU. 2. As a resident of North Carolina for 20 years, I was amazed at how small the Duke turnout was. The crowd was easily 75% FSU. And out of the other 25%, maybe half of them appeared to be actual Duke fans. I know they have a small base, but they were basically like the road team confined to 1 quarter of the lower bowl of the stadium. 3. The attendance was actually decent. My guess is the announced crowd of 67,000 was close. My dad and I were guessing 60,000. 4. FSU fans were yelling at JW and Jimbo....a lot. I never once heard a gator fan ever yell some of the stuff at Tim that I heard from some of the Nolies. It was kind of weird. 5. I cant count the number of times I heard someone cursing tOSU for "blowing" it and forcing them to play the SEC. The mood around us grew sort of solemn as the reality set in that MSU was going to win. The walk to the car was full of various people dreading an SEC match up. I heard more then one "**** You Urban Meyer!" from someone walking out of the stadium.