my computer is freezing after start up.

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by halsgator, Dec 29, 2012.

1. halsgator

halsgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +23
    Dem 2400 series, Intel prem 4 at 2.530 GHz. 1.00 GB Ram, 2002

At Start, my computer takes about 25 minutes to load all files. Freezing occurs frequently during start up. Not much after loading files.

I know squat about which programs to delete from start up. I did notice that I have two duplicate files labeled LMI_rescue_srv.... using 138,000 k.

I use Bitdefender and Essential for virus protection. I also use fix center to clear disk and register.

It appears the freezing occurs when more than one program is operating.

Appreciate any suggestions to eliminating the freezing.
  2. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless

Ratings Received:
    +137
    Back in October you posted that your computer was very slow in this thread. My GUESS is that this has just gotten worse over time. The last reply to that thread was a soft suggestion that adding memory would help. 1 GB is a small amount of memory and chances are that there are more and more things being added into it as you move along the information stupor highway.

My advice is to upgrade your memory to at least 2 GB. The easiest way to do this is to use the System Scanner available from Crucial.com. This will scan your system to determine the existing memory configuration and give you various options for upgrading the memory. You don’t have to buy the memory from them but their prices and service are quite good.

Hope this helps – hang in there!
  3. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    While adding RAM will usually improve performance, I can't see that creating this issue.

Based on your description here you ... have a lot of junk on your computer. I can't say whether it's all legitimate or not, but the simplest solution would be to check your disk in Windows. If it's all good, then back up your files and reinstall Windows from scratch.
  4. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,730
    You should not be using 2 AVs at the same time. That's asking for more trouble. Of course if you are going to ask for help and then ignore those who are posting to help you it may not get much better.
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,650
    This will slow you down to a crawl.