Muschamp Vs Pease

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by ovillegator, Sep 9, 2013.

1. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +2,243
    Your assuming the right routes were run. Our execution is poor at times. It may be that one of the two was supposed to clear out.

If not...than I agree...its a poor play call.

Sent from my All knowing Android Device
  2. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +655
    Our offense is like watching paint dry
  3. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    people are killing me talking about wanting to open the offense up more. thats all everyone wanted to see for the miami game and they got it. driskel is just not good enough to make the necessary throws and proper decisions when he has to throw the ball 25+ game, and i think that from the uga game and louisville game people would notice that. the more we run the higher percentage we have of winning games, the numbers will tell us that. I expect once grier gets here we will see alot of different stuff from peace(if he is still here) but driskel just isn't the right guy to have throwing the ball for us, his decisions and inability to make checks at the line of scrimmage will hold him back unless a miracle happens. go gators
  4. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Beige paint at that.
  5. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Opening up the offense doesn't necessarily mean more passing.
  6. GatorFootballNC

GatorFootballNC New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Can anyone explain why the run plays are so slow to develop. Holy s*** that is the most aggravating thing I've ever seen. The defense is in the backfield before we're handing the ball off. Is this a Pease/Boise St. thing? If the idea is that you do that to develop running lanes better then shoot me. Play calling all game sucked. The 4th and 1 qb sneak in a spread look when Miami stacked the box may have been one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
  7. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Honestly, while I agree Boom probably stifles the offense a bit, when other than one season in Boise where he inherited everything and did a good job of holding the line but didn't exactly improve the product on the field (think the Dazzler in 2009-- both took over offensive juggernauts with Senior Qbs who were arguably he best in their respective programs histories) has Pease done anything to make people think he was an awesome OC?
  8. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    obviously not that we have seen, i do not think driskel is the right guy for his system. but that is not an excuse, coaches are paid the big $$ and need to be able to make some adjustments, like the chris leak 2006 team did. driskel is good enough with the help of our defense i feel like this is still a great team. if the coaching staff can finally figure out how to use this guy to use full potential we could make a huge run down the stretch, however i have not seen anything from pease that makes me optimistic. go gators
  9. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,786
    Or to be more elaborate, less predictable.
  10. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    This, additionally, I think we need to let Jeff develop a rhythm-- the vast majority of the time after a completed pass we ran the ball- in fact the only time Jeff threw 3 passes in a row was on the final drive when we had no other option--- QBs need a chance to develop a rhythm- if Jeff's on and complete's a pass why take the ball out of his hands for another not quite 3 yards and a cloud of dust run up the gut (this brings up another point- the only runner who had anything approaching consistent success was Showers on runs to the edge- why on earth did we go away from those when they were working?)
  11. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    Bingo...outside of one year as OC at Boise when the team had a Sr. QB that is now playing in the NFL, Pease career as a coach has been unimpressive as an OC (both at Ky and Baylor where he was let go). That being said, it appears that he is running Will Muschamp's idea of a proper offense, worked around the Offensive talent that exists at UF (limited). I don't think in anyone's universe does it appear that what UF is running right now appears to be remotely related to any Boise offense we have seen in the past 10 years.
  12. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    When UF has the ball on offense Muschamp is constantly holding a laminated play-sheet over his mouth and squawking into his headset. Why?? (as in why is he SO over involved in the offense)
  13. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    He doesn't want you to know it's a secret! That's why he covers his mouth.

But I have a sideline spy that tells me he is telling Pease to run it up the middle!
  14. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    OB1, U Hit it on the Head!

Of course the other team knows this is coming. He doesn't even need to cover anything up. He might as well yell, on 1st and 2nd we are running up the middle. Then in trots Trey for the wildcat, OH MY! Boom tells everyone on the sidelines, we have them where we want them. LOL
  15. lhnewman

lhnewman Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +119
    plain and simple...I agree
  16. Pasco08

Pasco08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    I wonder if Muschamp has been limiting Pease this year as well.
  17. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    WM won't let go of the reins until the Offense can prove it will hold on the ball.
  18. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    receivers running the wrong routes, leading to interceptions? I thought Uf has a new receivers coach who knows his stuff--what gives?
  19. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Patience my man. He needs several years to implement his system and get "his guys" in here.
  20. Gator63

Gator63 Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Seems like the play calling on offense is pre-determined as opposed to calling plays, especially audibles, based on what the defense is, as they say "giving us". Every defensive alignment has weaknesses, and the offense needs to run plays to exploit these highly variable opportunities.

If the QB can't figure this out, then the coach(es) can. That is why teams line up and look to the sideline for the play to be called by the coach after looking at the defense.

An up-the-gut running play is called, and there are 8 in the box. "Run it anyway" because we are a Running Team is just ignorant.