Muschamp ticked off

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by dohcvtecpower, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +678
    What exactly was honest about their mistake?
  2. scarndogator

scarndogator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Yes, but getting things right get you fired in today's media, mainstream and internet media. How much attention, good Vs bad attention is irrelevant, as long as it attracts eyeballs. Miley and GC will cherish the attention. GC will be mentioned in every paper around the country tomorrow. Had Coach Will really gone all Gundy on us GC would have made it onto CNN and FOX too. C'mon, Will, throw a chair next time so GC can go viral.
  3. hopngator

hopngator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Not sure what you're getting at, but my only point was that Champ didn't go crazy in his presser, did not act like Gundy, and that there is no reason for a reporter to state that! Not inferring anything libelous or that Champ was wrong. I just don't get why parties make those kind of statements. There is no reason to say that. But it doesn't matter cuz there will be a lot worse written about Champ before it's over. He's already being called "insane" in this thread. Jeez...
  4. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,909
    it sure is interesting. :hairy:
  5. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,209
    We got our wires totally crossed, hopngator. Don't fret, I wasn't referring to you. I'd genuinely not read the AP one. My response was to the article on the front page and the comments underneath it. :)
  6. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I think Muschamp intentionally overreacted a bit because he wanted to show the parents and players that he's willing to stick up for them...In the grand scheme of things, it's not big a deal...I doubt Gator Country or anyone else did anything out of malice...just a mundane journalistic mistake....plenty of considerably more prestigious publications have made much worse faux pas in the past.

And maybe if we didn't have four nuckleheads suspended all at once, innocent bystanders wouldn't get caught up in action by accident.
  7. LimeyGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,209
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner. That's the way he works. Repped!
    EDIT: Well dang, I can't as I have to spread it around again first. I'm being oppressed with my praise :)
  8. gtj31

gtj31 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +124
    I don't understand why anyone would criticize CWM here. First, I agree with him. Pick on CWM all day because he is a multi-millionaire. He is a valid target but you have to be careful with the players. Second and far more importantly because the first point is at least debatable, CWM's job is to get the most out of his players and win football games. Yes it involves interacting with alumni and media and so forth. However, if you want loyalty among your players, if you want them to buy into you, you stand up for them in the face of everyone else. Bostwick now knows CWM gives a da** about him and that counts and matters. Sure he can be ridiculed and the media can claim it was unprofessional but he wants his players to run through walls. I think today he now has a FR that will run through a wall for 4 years.
  9. Dayman

Dayman New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Why is this such unchallenged gospel for so many people? These are adult football players who play sports on a high level in a very public way. These are not babies. It is true they don't get the money coaches and pros get...but you don't have tip-toe around them. If they suck they suck. You can say that. If they are suspended so be it. If you get something wrong...welcome to the real world adult male football player...you're kind of a big deal...that comes with good and bad.
  10. rtgator

rtgator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +619
    Because they're the right things?

But, I see your point.
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,005
    You signed up in 2013... how is it that you feel you've been here a "long time"?
  12. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +159
    Good for Coach Champ. Its the media's right to publish what they hear, its his right to blast them for being incorrect.

That includes GC or whoever. I fully back CWM.
  13. sflagator

sflagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +307
    I agree with CWM. I've been dealing with a story about a client of mine (high profile NBA player) that is full of inaccuracies, and it's ridiculous. Each time another media outlet reprints the story, they get something else wrong. It's had a big effect on my client and his family and he's a pro.

It's easy to say "hey the kid should get over it, it was a mistake" but when it's you, you've done nothing wrong and people still put your name out there it's upsetting. And I think that's probably doubly true if you're a kid. When you sign up to play at a big university and work your tail off, I think you should have an expectation that the media is going to work just as hard as you do. So for those of you think it's not a big deal, I think that, respectfully, you don't know what you're talking about because you haven't been in that situation.

The main problem is that all these media outlets are scrambling for stories, and they jump the gun all the time with bad information just to be first. Since any fact can be attributed to "unnamed sources" no one has to be accountable. CWM is just trying to establish some accountability and stick up for a kid who is frankly a victim.

If I was GC, I'd get in boot-licking mode pretty quickly, make all my apologies, move on, and keep the rumors on the message boards.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +841
    You and I understand that, but sometimes college kids need more tangible incentives. Such as avoiding public humiliation.
  15. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    You are acting like 60 Minutes did a piece on it. It's one thing for the media to continually make false claims about someone and quite another to mistakenly include someone along with the four nuckleheads who were suspended.
  16. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +665
    I'm not saying GC wasn't wrong and shouldn't offer an apology but the next time one of his players does something wrong to another individual than he needs to get just as crazy mad at that player and ban them from Gator football. I mean after all how would you feel if someone in your family had been punched by a football player for doing his job and wasn't banned from the team (Morrison). Mistakes happen, he over reacted and GC would apologize just like Morrison apologized for punching the bouncer. Get over it and move on.
  17. LTG61

LTG61 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +149
    I need someone to educate me about the process...

Does UF/CWM have an obligation to announce suspensions?

Did the "offending" information outlets jump the gun on an official announcement about the suspensions, or did they reasonably expect that no official word from the university would be forthcoming.

IMO: if they jumped the gun on an expected official announcement, WM has a reason to be upset. But, if UF is leaving outlets to guess about a topic which generates as much interest (and money) as the football team, they should expect that these kind of mistakes will happen.

Or, is there another explanation about how this inaccuracy happened?
  18. LimeyGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,209
    The video is now out there. Will was annoyed and put across a very compelling case.

GC apologised and it sounds sincere.

Time to move on! :)
  19. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    That's a good point about Morrison. Considering how many mistakes (honest or not) our football players seem to make every year, you'd think the program would be more understanding with others' mistakes. Look for the press to come hard after Muschamp next time one of his players gets in trouble....or "makes a mistake"...as it's called.
  20. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    tell that to the Bostwick family
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.