Muschamp Speaks To The Media Today...See Video

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Jaggator, Oct 23, 2013.

1. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +829
    Not interested in seeing any more Muschamp videos anymore, so I haven't checked it out.

I assume the Great Purge that the know-it-alls predicted for Wednesday did not come to pass?
    Sounds like it's not the staff's fault. Great, just great.
  2. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,032
    You can think me wrong, but Oregon was ahead in the polls, and given our win at ULL, I think the voters would have done enough to keep UF out of the game. Two SEC teams two years in a row would not have been acceptable.

The immaturity comes from that quote. It's not something a coach says -- he says something like I've got a lot of confidence in my staff. Not that sort of nyah-nyah that came across as as. And even if the statement were true (which, if he was saying they came within a ND loss of playing, then he's grasping at straws to validate their accomplishments), it's got nothing to do with this year, and last year's offense stunk, too.

I don't think he's got a plan because he hasn't had one, and just repeated coachspeak -- fundementals, blah blah, simplify, blah blah, play faster, blah blah. It's a very subtle way of putting it on the players, of saying everything would be fine if only they'd do what we tell them to do.

Which, of course, is the case in any scheme. In the meeting room, the last guy with the chalk always wins. (I got that from a class I took at UF, when the infamous Lynne Amadee gave a lecture. He sounded really good, too.)
  3. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Its a pretty pathetic quote, IMO. You know why you weren't in that national championship? Your offense, coach. You had one hell of a defense chock full of NFL talent and it all pretty much went for naught as you rolled out yet another terrible offense.

He has no problem calling out players, why not coaches?
  4. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Oh man. We are so screwed!

We are going on self inflicted probation for the next 2+ years while F$U and scUM reap the benefits!
  5. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    in recruiting?
  6. magnafides

magnafides Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +114
    6-6 is a stretch, but there's no way to sugarcoat the fact that it took a last second fluke to eek out a win versus the mighty Ragin' Cajuns. It's a good thing for the few Muschamp holdouts that we didn't lose that game or they'd have even less ammunition than they do now...
  7. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +387

Muschamp is basically saying {{11-2}} {{11-2}} {{11-2}} {{11-2}} !!!!!
  8. lerxst6

lerxst6 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +150
    "We need to play better. We need to coach better." - WM on the coach's show this week

Should he say "Brent has no idea what to call here,obviously"

Nothing he says will be good enough. He's owning it. Not "we are getting better and better" every other sentence. He's going to try to fix it. If he doesn't he will get fired. Just unrealistic to think he will be fired in 2.5-3 years. He's not an embarrassment (Kiffin/Zook). Our offense stinks. We lost games to good teams.
  9. phideltgator

phideltgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +461
    The way I see it, the damage has been done and he has lost the fan base trust and probably the players. But he is learning on the job and has 0 experience before UF . The recruits are going to need to believe in him. I hope he can do it but he is finding out what a bear he has taken on.
  10. KronoGator

KronoGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    Wish he hadn't of said that, last year is last year, there are tons of coaches and coaching staffs who have great years then turn into pumpkins.
  11. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Sure recruiting, national exposure, SEC exposure...do you think those 9 schollies lost for scUM is going to make a huge difference?

The kid that F$U has playing QB...has the IT factor...we will face him another 2 years (I believe) and we cannot even build on the game from last year against the Noles...we've regressed so much as an offense this year...as a program...

If we somehow beat F$U this year I will be delighted...but have the sense of knowing we are not be the better team this year...

I long for those days of SOS and Urban where the OTHER team feared for their lives vs us wondering if we can complete more than 12 passes a game...
  12. qwghlmgator

qwghlmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    That's horse hockey and you know it. You know why? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

AND if we were "a handful of plays away from being 6-6" last year, then we're a handful of plays away from being 6-1 this year. VHIII doesn't step out at UM + Tyler Murphy hits a wide open TD on the overthrow at LSU + hits Westbrook wide open in the EZ late at LSU = 6-1. So if Champ sucked last year then he must be great this year with a team decimated by injuries, huh?

You can't have it both ways bro.
  13. qwghlmgator

Ratings Received:
    +183
    Bama was extremely lucky to get to the win the SECCG AND get to the title game. Should they count themselves as being "really" 10-2 and give back the crystal football?

Spurrier was incredibly lucky to get a shot at the1996 title. And we were really close to losing to Vandy that year. I take it you're ashamed of that title? Does that make SOS a crappy coach?

Were you cheering Herbie on in 2006 saying we didn't deserve to play Ohio State for the title because we almost lost to crappy USCe and Miami teams?

Why do I think the answer to those is no?
  14. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I'm not sure why you would take a defensive stance like that when there is obvious failure across the board on offense. I guess even if hes not satisfied he doesnt want them bolting for fear of their job security. How about "Yes Im satisfied with our staff. Next question."? But don't bring up last year's record. They weren't even good last year on offense. Reeks of turning a blind eye to a bad bad problem. Hes quickly losing credibility on Saturdays, he could at least do a better job at the press conferences.

Also, I recall quite a few people here who were embarrassed by his sideline act in 2011 (not me). So ok, we've at least added that highly-coveted "Non-Embarrassing Head Coach" award for 2012 into our trophy case.
  15. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    Dear Will,

Our offensive line can't block and our staff can't circumvent the effects of key injuries. While you figure out what to do about all of that stuff, find a way to keep the class together and don't forget to beat both UGA and FSU.

p.s. Nice hair.

Thanks, Ryan
  16. magnafides

magnafides Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +114
    Next time can you just lead with this so that I can skip the rest of your post? Thanks, "bro"!
  17. irongator99

irongator99 Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I liked what he said, with the exception that I wouldn't blow any red shirts just to try to win this game. Why risk setting the program back further than the injuries already have?
  18. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,215
    I'm trying to be very careful here, but simplify the offense what does that mean? Most of our plays are usually runs up the middle, some sweeps, and lots of short routes. Am I missing something?
  19. qwghlmgator

Ratings Received:
    +183
    Do you have any evidence to support your assertion that Muschamp has "probably lost the players?" That's a pretty heavy call to make from the couch, hoss. You know, when you chose to put the words "Phi Delt" in your username, you took on some measure of responsibility to all those who share in that bond. I myself have a lot of years invested in that name and would hate to see it attached publicly to pernicious conjecture - especially about a good man giving his all for my football team.
  20. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    I imagine he's referring to the more technical aspects of blocking along the offensive line. Your OT consistently getting blown by as he looks around for his assignment lends credence to the idea that some "simplification" is in order.