Muschamp Conference

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tomis_gator, Oct 14, 2013.

1. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,097
    I actually think 2010 looks a lot like this year. A season removed from a BCS game without a SEC title. An inept offense, a solid defense. An offense in transition (from TT to JB, and then to Reed, Burton, whoever lined up). As for locker-room, off-the-field stuff, I don't know enough about either locker room to comment. I know Morrison got in trouble over the summer (one justified, one not so much) but I don't recall the pre-2010 off season. Fewer snaps over the QB's head this season. So that's something.

But at this point that year UF was 4-2 after getting whupped by Bama and playing tight against LSU. And headed into a game against Miss State not one expected to lose, but you could see a loss was possible. UF finished 7-5, which looks like at reasonable expectation for this season now. So the year you're describing as a disaster looks an awful lot like this one.

Unless you're describing the overall program with Meyer and Addazio and their ultra-conservative playcalling and that stuff. Which also looks very familiar.
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,461
    Could be a very good comparison for an individual season.

But looking at the program is looking at the status of our roster, recruiting, and the coaching staff as a whole.

As soon as this team gets it's OL right, I think we will be very difficult to beat. Explosive playmakers are being added to the offense that will make plays for us, if we can put a hat on people and give them a chance. Probably won't see it too much until next season, but it's coming.
  3. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    Who gets it?

[​IMG]
  4. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,331
    That one's been around for a while Jag......at least a year old.

It was some video of a power boat event that hit the net - I guess LSU Freek thought it would suit what Coach Boom is going through.

Heck we have had one of the toughest schedules the past 2 years and this year snake bit with injuries, had Cheeseburger Charlie for his OC his first year....I think we are doing OK all things considered.

Sure we could do a few things better but who couldn't?

Hindsight is always 20-20 and most days there are way too many armchair QB's!

If we hadn't lost Dominique I would feel a whole lot better but those are the breaks sometimes.