Muschamp Conference

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tomis_gator, Oct 14, 2013.

1. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +736
    3 years of poor offensive performance and you want gator nation to applaud? By the way, TM is better than JD. Taylor is equal if not better than Jones imo.
  2. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +154
    Yeah maybe if this was a one time thing. Gary Danielson mentioned how this is the 4th time in Muschamps time here that he lost a game where the defense allowed 17 or less. Throw in the 2011 FSU game where they scored 21 and only gained 95 yards of offense. These are red flags to me. Sure LSU was getting pressure, but how about a 3 step drop? How about more option? How about less Mack Brown (sorry but his numbers don't lie) and more Kelvin Taylor? I mean he is benching punters after a game we only scored 6 points in. Just doesn't seem like he has a clue what he is doing when assessing offensive personnel.
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,462
    Where are these huge persoanell mistake on offense and dont give me this Kelvin Taylor stuff he is a freshmen RB it takes a little time. They were going to play him vs LSU? What other changes would you like to make? We saw how Demarcus Robinson played this weekend and that was not pretty. The punter change is something that we have to try Kyle has not gotten it done all year
  4. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +81
    So just because our d holds a team to 17 or less we should automatically win? You shouldn't pay very much attention to some of the things Gary Danielson says. Games like Georgia and UM are unacceptable, where turnovers and such kill us. But we simply got out played by LSU. Sorry, it's tough. But we tried different things, and they were more prepared.
  5. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +154
    Come on man, how many times have we been over this? Ok lets start with Mack Brown. He leads the team in carries but he is last in yards per carry. As a team we are first in rushing attempts in the SEC but last in yards per carry. That's a great formula for success (sarcasm). His longest attempt off of 91 carries is 23 yards. And then in the press conference he says he needs more explosiveness in the running game...smh...lol...is he EFFIN SERIOUS!! He uses the least explosive starting RB on the team and SEC and wonders why we aren't making more big plays. Then Kelvin Taylor finally gets the ball in the second half and finishes with more yards than Mack who played the whole game. How is this hard? How is someone's eyeballs not correctly telling their brain what they are seeing on the field? I don't get it.

Same goes with Clay Burton who is so bad at pass receiving it makes one wonder why he is on scholarship (I know his blocking). How about giving our weak offense another receiving option with a capable TE?

Same goes with Jeff Driskel/Tyler Murphy. That's one of the bigger whiffs I've seen at player evaluation. Tyler isn't the best QB in the SEC but he is the best on our team and it took an injury to figure that out.

Rainey/Demps over Gilly. Please don't give me your pass blocking excuse because Rainey/Demps couldn't block me off the edge. That's just a poor job done by the staff. I'm not saying you couldn't use Rainey/Demps as change of pace backs but starting over Gilly? Terrible job.

Ok, I await patiently to read your response and how many times I read "blocking" in it.
  6. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +154
    I'm not going to go look up the data right now, but if you hold teams to 17 or under you probably win at a very high clip in college football. If you hold a team to 95 yards you probably win 999/1000 times with that one time of course being us. I am not upset we lost in Baton Rouge as many teams would. I'm upset that this Mickey Mouse offensive philosophy is never going to get it done. You could see it in Baton Rouge. LSU never felt threatened after the first drive
  7. TrillGator

Ratings Received:
    +81
    You throw "blocking" around so absent-mindedly, the reason why our offense could not muster any kind of explosiveness is because we couldn't efficiently "block." it's a big deal man, you have to be able to protect. However, I'm with you on the Mack Brown point. He frustrates me.
  8. TrillGator

Ratings Received:
    +81
    They controlled the momentum of the game because of their dominance up front. Of course they weren't threatened they were out playing us entirely. And that is way to broad to even be considered of having credibility.
  9. Crocodilian

Crocodilian Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    To all those saying that blocking was the problem. How many points do we score if our pass protection was above average?

Just wondering what you think.
    Do we score 40, 30, 20, 10?
  10. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +154
    I understand that. But i long for the day when we can talk about SCORING. The numbers don't lie. For a team who holds the ball as long we do (Muschamp way) we sure dont do anything with it
  11. Crocodilian

Crocodilian Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    I don't disagree, but is that 100% on the players.
    Were the blocking schemes poor?
    Does the non-explosive/predictable offensive gameplan take away an advantage over the rushers? Keeping them guessing if it's a run/pass or burning them with screens/draws can help slow a rush.
  12. TrillGator

Ratings Received:
    +81
    It's impossible to determine an exact number, but you have to think we are able to make more plays to put ourselves in better situations. Overall I would say we walk out of death valley victorious, or very close. I'd say we put up more than 17.
  13. TrillGator

Ratings Received:
    +81
    It's hard to score when the only thing you can do effectively is pick up 3 or 4 on the ground because when you mix it up your qb is running for his life. Alot goes into SCORNG. It's not just let's focus on scoring points and well do it, we didn't SCORE because we didn't PROTECT.
  14. TrillGator

Ratings Received:
    +81
    The schemes werent poor as far as I can tell. We simply got out played. I have been saying it all day. We were out classed in a tough environment. They were getting pressure rushing 4, which made it impossible to effective in situations where you have to pass because whatever they decided to do would have worked. Everytime they blitzed they had a free runner to TMurph. Miles and company prepared very well for us and executed to perfection.
  15. Crocodilian

Crocodilian Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    This isn't the first game that Florida has had trouble scoring in.
    Oline protection was horrible on Saturday, but hasn't been horrible all year.
    It's hard to score when you only get 3-4 yards a play. One penalty, one drop, one bad throw, one missed block is all it takes to end a drive. It takes perfection.

The Bucs D was dominant using that strategy. Make the other team go on long/multiplay drives to score. Don't let them get a big play and eventually they will mess it up.
    Unfortunately that's our offensive gameplan.
  16. TrillGator

Ratings Received:
    +81
    You are correct. And that's where you have to account for that environment, it's hard to get in rhythm amidst that chaos. I'm not saying by any means our offense is effective, but one just has to give credit where it is due,we were outclassed. It would be irresponsible to overlook our problems on offense. It has to be fixed. But this game was one where we got out played, it wasn't like the georgia or Um loss where penalties and such just killed us.
  17. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Classy post. Rep.
  18. Brodeur

Brodeur Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Very fair. Losing at undefeated LSU isn't something to be ashamed of.

But would you say the offense we saw at LSU foreshadows what we'll see in the rest of our big games this year? If this was a one-time thing, most people would tip their hat to LSU and move on. But I fear we'll see similar offensive efforts in the remaining big games.

EDIT: LSU is not undefeated, but still highly ranked.
  19. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    LSU is not undefeated.
  20. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152

+1-Bingo-Spot on!!!

I hate it......actually hate is not nearly a strong enough word for it. This is a garbage offense!!