Muschamp Conference

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tomis_gator, Oct 14, 2013.

1. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    They got plenty of pressure just by rushing 4 and Florida hasn't been able to pick up a blitz for 3-4 years now.
  2. prisch1

prisch1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Think of this mentality--I don't want to risk a bad play so I'll go with a conservative play I'm guessing will net 2-4 yards.
  3. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +778
    If he is benching Kyle, did he say anything about benching the whole OL?

Good grief.
  4. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    No. He did try to spread the blame by saying that the TEs, RBs and QB were also responsible for the poor blocking and constant pressure.
  5. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +86
    Unfortunately this makes sense. We got out played, being in Death Valley doesn't help either. If our offense was running the ball like LSU it all makes sense, but we were out classed, so its easy be skeptical. LEs Miles isn't 54-7 in death valley for no reason.
    I think it's 54-7. I could be wrong, but it's a ridiculous number of wins, and not very many losses.
  6. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +555
    funny, if we would have lost 35-28 most of you would not be complaining.
  7. sHiNeR2

sHiNeR2 Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    How can you bench an entire OL?!?!?!?!?!?!
  8. sHiNeR2

sHiNeR2 Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    I guess losing 37-6 would've made you feel better.
  9. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +785
    One thing Muschamp hasn't addressed is that we are currently 81st in the country in yards per play. Say what you want about points, say what you want about how many times we've passed the ball, whatever.

When you are 81st in the country in yards per play, not only are you not going to win high scoring affairs, you aren't going to win games that go into the 20's. The problem is, last year we were even worse. So despite a lot of people in the fanbase acknowledging it as an issue, most people took it to mean that it was a meaningless stat.

The fact is, we got lucky (with variance) last year. This year, we've gotten about what we've deserved. You want to be like Alabama? Guess where their offense ranked in YPP last year? 7th. This year? 10th. We aren't Alabama just because we play good defense. There are two sides of the ball, and one is not being addressed.
  10. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Problem is that you don't get any points for getting 4.5 ypc on first down. Eventually you have to turn that success into something. Mix it up when they are expecting run and hit them with something unexpected. If you have the defense on the heels as much as you're saying you do, I guarantee there would not be a consistent pass rush. Well unless you give them the entire play clock to collect themselves each play.

Its like betting $5 hands in black jack over and over again. Sure you might make some modest gains but you have to go in big when you have an advantage or else the house will eventually clean you out. Same with us. Eventually we will get a penalty or sack or whatever.

Going 14 plays for 60 yards and eating up 7:30 off the clock is not a good thing when your opponent is scoring TDs.
  11. prisch1

prisch1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    This is it really isn't it. We have been way below 50 now every year on offense under WM. You cannot succeed on a regular basis with those type of offensive stats. Yet I see nothing to suggest it's a monumental worry of his or that those numbers need to get into the teens and 20s for us to be successful.
  12. xenythx

xenythx Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +906
    People like to throw out the adage that "defense wins
    championships". That's false. Balance wins championships.
  13. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +86
    This is my problem with the offense. Unfortunately though when we did mix it up, we still found Tyler Murphy running for his life. The pass rush was still there, its simple. We were out classed. they planned perfectly and executed. It's hard to swallow.
  14. Gatuar

Gatuar Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +377
    agree that wasnt an easy pass...it was way better then the Burton to Burton attempt last year against FSU
  15. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +717
    Taylor good pretty good on some runs in the second half but our o-line needs to block better.
  16. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +219

This exactly how you only score two FG's and get inside the red-zone one time the entire game.
  17. phillyblount

phillyblount Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +213
    He didn't get it.
  18. trufloridagator

trufloridagator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    Wow thanks for posting! Glad to hear Kyle Wont give up! He's a good punter, just maybe some mental mistakes on those touchbacks. Dad, does he not have the option to kick to the corner there? It's not as easy to get inside the 10, but you have more chance to have more kicks inside he 20 and less touchbacks. I know it's a lot like golf in that sometimes you are either booming it or short and nothing in between when you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  19. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,086
    Agree, if you bench KC, the dang entire OL needs benched. I want to ask this question, what is WM record vs good teams, teams that have equal talent to uf? This year we have 2 losses, to teams with equal or near equal talent and we are 0-2. Only last year did we win a majority of bigger games. Beyond the sunshine pumpers, what is there to show that WM system can get it done vs the teams that are good? He is what 4-8 vs ranked teams. Come on mannnn, this is Florida. Excuses are for vandy, and miss state, and kentucky. This is year 3 and we are starting to go backwards.

It wasn't just that we lost to lsu, it was the way we lost. WM prides himself on toughness, well we got smacked in the mouth on both sides of the ball. We do not have a team, we have a very good D and a very poor O. Near last in the conference and over 100 again of all colleges. This is year 3, I see a trend. I sense a majority of gator fans don't see a great deal of improvement coming forth next year. When your OL can't block, 4 years straight and you have very little talent coming back, and its a turnstile, our O isn't going to do much against good D.

No question WM know D, but beyond that i go by results not hope and the results aren't pretty. I am trying to hold the comparisons to zook but what I saw this past Saturday and where our O is at it's getting harder not to think we've been zookered again.

I know this will grate on the sunshine pumpers but there is simply no sugar coating an O that can't score a TD yet other teams have little trouble scoring on LSU. You can say LSU d is coming on, improving and I get it. I will say our O is not.
  20. trufloridagator

trufloridagator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    I don't think he completely sat on it, but the way it happened only furthers your point: you cannot wait until you are way down late with an average online going against a team with defensive athletes on the road. You have to be more aggressive early in the game and earlier in downs and not the crowd noise and pinned back eared dlinemen affect you so much. Like I said, run it 13 times in a row if you can be successful running at will, but unless you had no respect for their dline at home, then you know it's not gonna be like that.

You don't have to throw over the top, but our WRs can get open in max protection even if we only run 3 routes and maybe a back who has a block/route option. We don't use our FBs who can catch or Mack brown. KT was strong at catching the ball in HS, get him the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry