Murphy is our guy

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFGator05, Sep 21, 2013.

1. AlfaGator

AlfaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363

Good questions. My guess is Taylor is another "gamer"
  2. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +46
    Ok Nostradamus how could you have seen that coming? Kid played ok, but if you have numbers in your head lemme know! I about left when I found out JD was done for the day....glad I was wrong but we might be in trouble, and in real trouble if he goes down....
  3. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    The new QB has some pocket awareness for sure
  4. Chosen12395

Chosen12395 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +321
    TM played well today. I really like how he extended plays, moved around in the pocket and tucked and ran. Also did a few hand offs where it appeared to loose even the camera man. It will be nice to see what the year is going to bring with getting everyone back off of injury and suspensions. Receivers are going to have to continue to run routes and help him out which will help out tremendously.
  5. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    Yeah Taylor needs to play. Mack and Matt are above average, nothing spectacular. Who knows we could have the next freshmen sensation at RB- we won't know until we try.
  6. flipdaddy4

flipdaddy4 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Wm's response at the end of the game about murphy was just like vilmer about mox in varsity blues.
  7. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Yep and it was always from that "the coaches are always right" crowd. But its kind of a paradox, if the coaches are infallible then JD must be the best QB for the job because they anointed him as such. But if they are so good then wouldn't they have also developed a capable backup QB. The truth is the guy has never seen the field and you never know what he can do until then, so to me those people were just full of it.

Same people saying our backup TEs can't play worth a darn or K. Taylor or our freshman WRs. Our offensive staff is conservative with game-planning and play-calling...maybe they are also conservative with personnel decisions and opt to go with the "safe" known commodities rather than the unknown. Either way, this staff has not proven themselves in the offensive department at all to be trusted unconditionally like they have for the defense.
  8. samit23

samit23 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +278
    I'm not sure where this Murphy is a gamer stuff is coming from. The implication is that Murph must not be a good practice player bc he is not starting. These are bad assumptions. The reality is that while Murph may prove to be a very good player in his own right, he hasn't started, or played (under 2 different coaching staffs) bc he was not high touted and his ceiling is not considered as high as those with whom he is competing. This is the reality in all sports from youth soccer to pro football. It doesnt mean the coaches were wrong, or lying, or don't know what they are doing. It is just reality.
  9. Pasco08

Pasco08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    I feel bad for Driskel but assuming Muschamp and company don't screw Murph trying to turn him into something he isn't then the future at UF Looks bright indeed.
  10. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
  11. AlfaGator

AlfaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    Showers twisted an ankle in practice Weds.
  12. Mdoaks12

Mdoaks12 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    What ur prob?
  13. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    The play where Murhpy hit Dunbar down the sideline for a big gain was a perfect example of what has been missing around here. He takes his drop and in rhythm release the ball to the perfect spot where only the receiver (who was well covered) could catch it. And it was 3rd and 10 which has been a death sentence for this offense. TM showed confidence and the ability to make plays and convert first downs and TDs. Sorry to see Driskel go out, but not sorry to see TM take over for the rest of the year.
  14. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +457
    So, you're one of those "fans"........
  15. raycgator

raycgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +220
    Yes, Muschamp rotates the defensive players like clockwork. It may be that's because we have so much depth (esp. w/ the DBs), but that's also because the coaches have put the players in a position that they have full confidence in all the players in the rotation.

Not so much with offense. I feel like it's obvious that when it comes to offense W.M. is still learning on the job. He needs to just let Brent Pease have carte blanche with it, especially with the next two games and when the offense is in enemy territory.
  16. swampspring

swampspring Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +476
    Who knew? I like when these lowly touted guys come out of nowhere and succeed. This isn't a knock on Driskel before anyone gets their panties in a wad, but we all like the underdog, and Murphy is definitely an underdog.
  17. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,587
    Just watching a replay of the game and Murphy definitely played well.

Wasn't elite competition, but a great start. It's good timing for him to get a couple of games under his belt before really tough competition.

Murph - u da man now. Take it and run.
  18. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +46
    Yeah I am....context was not believing TM would handle the situation...not literal shithead...part of the problem most fans are left out of anything these days. All we know is 2, 3, 5 stars. Now I know everyone knows someone who says something and has inside info....but anyone who was confident that we would be ok when JD went down is delusional. Truth is I was concerned and glad he stepped up, let's not question and take comments out of context. One of those fans has seen enough over many years to be any kind of fan I want to.
  19. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +595
    Just watched Murphy's post game press conference. He seems like a genuinely nice & humble kid.
  20. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +157
    Execute and win and this place will love you.

Don't and well....