Murph is a Bull!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ThePlayer, Jun 27, 2013.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +461
    I question whether you have actually visited Chicago. Chicago and a very similar city, Toronto, are two of the best cities I've been to.
  2. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +449
    I'm not sure this is a good fit at all. Korver never played critical playoff minutes for Chicago when they needed him most because he was a defensive liability. Korver was/is a better shooter than Murphy and was Chicago's only 3 pt threat during his time there. That still wasn't enough to get him minutes. Boozer sits most of the 4th qt as well as Tibs is consistent in giving minutes to those who play his style of D. Murphy wasn't exactly an all world defender in college and its only going to get tougher for him. I honestly doubt he makes the roster unless Thibs realizes he isn't going to win a lot of playoff games if they can't consistently score in the 90's.
  3. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +171
    Murphy needs to improve quickness to be an adequate defender. Chicago wanted shooters and Murphy could play that Matt Bonner role, but only if he's not a complete liability on d in Tibs' mind.
  4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,566
    What do you think now that Mike Dunleavy just signed with the Bulls?
    He seems to be another Korver-Murphy type player as well.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...-commits-deal-chicago-bulls-according-sources
  5. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +449
    That's a good question.... I believe Dunleavy plays the 3, not the 4. I don't know that Dunleavy effects Murphy's role directly, but I doubt the two would ever be on the court at the same time unless Chicago is down 3 with a few seconds to go. I didn't like Murphy's chances of making the roster before, but I don't think this bodes well for him. If they thought he was going to be a contributor I don't think they would have brought in another 3 perimeter oriented player. They'll probably try and convince him to play overseas while holding his rights. I don't think they want to commit money to anyone right now. Although 2 round picks aren't slotted or guaranteed any thing, so maybe he gets a 1 year deal at the league minimum? Who knows at this point, but he does have his work cut out for him to stick.
    Do Boozer and/Deng have team options in 2014? They'll likely try and get rid of one of those contracts. Gibson and Butler can do similar things for A LOT less money.