Mullen help take out another FSU head coach?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by jhbyrd, Jan 9, 2018.

1. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,478
    You are both right (Samdingo and jhbyrd). Losing to the crappy teams were what made it happen when it happened, but the pressure was high and rising due to the whippings the much younger Gator staff was putting on the much older nole staff. I have a dear friend who is a nole lifer and a big booster. He sits in season tickets at Doak that have his father's name embroidered on them, since his father was a star on fsu's first couple of football teams and was himself a big booster. My friend was crying as early as 2006 about how dark and ominous the future was at fsu with the relative ages of the coaches and the way that the Gators were whipping the noles on the field, and out-recruiting them.

Of course, Urban's emotional collapse changed everything.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,403
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida State President John Thrasher believes his football facilities compare favorably to any in the country, and there is still some bad blood between he and Jimbo Fisher.

When Fisher jetted out of Tallahassee to take the Texas A&M job, he fired some stinging parting shots, painting a picture of Seminole program in dire need of facility upgrades.

He jabbed at his former bosses during his introductory news conference at Texas A&M on Dec. 4, talking about the lack of progress to build a larger football complex. "You can have the greatest coaches in the world, but if your administration doesn't see things the way you see things and allow you to do things that way, nothing can be achieved," Fisher said.

Fisher's intention was to use A&M as leverage with Florida State to obtain superior facilities and more control within the Seminole program, that apparently hasn't worked."
    ---------------------------------------

With FSU's worsening athletic department budget deficits the FSU president was in a tough position when Jimbo called his bluff on the stand alone facility.

Since UF athletics consistently has surpluses we can handle our new 100 million dollar facility campaign. UF can afford to move our baseball stadium to give the baseball and our football programs more room to expand in the future.

UF will soon break ground on a new baseball stadium. FSU can't afford to move their baseball stadium. Jimbo saw the writing on the wall and left.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,878
    I thought we were improving on our baseball facilty because we are not 0-21 in the world series. We, ya know, won it all.
  4. coleg

coleg GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +164
    Where does that press release support your claim that Jimbo demanded something in writing. I find it difficult to believe your post when you lead with a "AP" byline and then edit, add your perspective/opinion, and rearrange quotes, and present it as a news story.
  5. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,403
    I know you want to throw facility plans at your recruits even though you don't have the money to do it.

Listen to your president:

My view of Jimbo was he wanted to model things after Nick Saban and the SEC and Alabama," Thrasher said Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm OK with that to a point but I'm also not going to put Florida State at risk in terms of debt and the responsibility to other programs. Him and I had an understanding about that."

They may have at one point, but Fisher has since made it clear there was a disconnect between them.

---------------------------------
    In negotiating what you really mean is after the word BUT (check your president's statement).

Jimbo didn't buy your spin. Of course you wont accept your president's word as you are in willful denial or want to mislead recruits on a facility you don't have the money for.

I took the portions from the articles quoting your President and Jimbo's words to make it easy for you to understand.

If your president put it in writing Jimbo might still be at FSU. Developers lie about project plans all the time that don't come to fruition because the money isn't there. I guess you want recruits to think this is coming soon.

You have too much debt and have athletic department budget deficits. The money isn't there now whether you will admit it or not.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,716
    Please don't call him Will Mullen.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,403
    How about "Dan the man will take out another FSU coach again!"