Mullen help take out another FSU head coach?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by jhbyrd, Jan 9, 2018.

1. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    OC Mullen and Meyer owned FSU legend Bobby Bowden who they got pushed out in 2009. Once Mullen left UF in 2009 for a promotion is when UF's offense fell off. Will Mullen help take out another FSU coach? UF's 100 million dollar facilities plan certainly won't hurt when added to UF's superior Athletic Academic center and superior graduation rate to what FSU has.

FSU's worsening athletic department budget deficits pushed Jimbo Fisher out of FSU. Fisher did load FSU up with alot of talent before he saw the writing on the wall on FSU's worsening budget deficits. Taggart with his 47 win and 50 loss coaching record certainly needs to prove himself on the field.

2005: Florida 34, FSU 7
    2006: Florida 21, FSU 14
    2007: Florida 45, FSU 12
    2008: Florida 45, FSU 15
    2009: Florida 37, FSU 10 (BOWDEN RETIRES)
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. Todesrolle

Todesrolle GC Legend

Calibishie, Dominica. Sometimes SC, NC, or FLA
    Ratings Received:
    +841
    I'd give you an answer, but I don't trust my Magic 8-Ball since I asked it's opinion, "Hot or Not", during a college-dive bender, and ended up with a sausage surprise.
  3. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,684
    Isn't FSU just compleating projects from $500M capital project for athletics? I do not know about there operating budgets, but thought I read that they built some top notch facilities across all of their sports. Is that not true?
  4. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    FSU has worsening athletic department budget deficits. Jimbo saw the writing on the wall and left.

FSU built an IPF and were playing catch up with UF's end zone stadium box seats and expansion. FSU's box seats are mostly empty at FSU as people go in during games making FSU attendance look worse on the TV.

UF's north end zone facility debt is almost paid off while FSU just took new end zone debt on. They light up their new debt funded endzone facility which draws your attention to the empty seats.

They had to borrow to get the rust off of the erector set also and put in big jumbo trons which quickly become obsolete.

UF has a better Indoor Practice Field and Athlete Academic center than FSU's. They have slightly better athlete dorms and better lockers currently.

Neither FSU nor UF have a football only center. Jimbo left because FSU could not afford a football center due to their budget deficits.

UF can afford a football center and it is in the 100 million dollar campaign but is being delayed because we decided to move our baseball stadium so we can double the size of the land used for football by taking over the baseball footprint. The best long term decision which allows football and baseball room for expansion which UF can afford because of our consistent budget surpluses.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 11:55 AM
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. coleg

coleg Sophomore

Ratings Received:
    +163
    UF has a space issue for a football only facility. So does FSU. FSU is currently finishing the engineering study to determine where to best locate its' new football only facility. Like UF it is not a question of IF, but more a question of WHEN will the facility be finished.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dan85

Dan85 GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +511
    How exactly is UF's indoor practice facility better? They're both pretty much the same, aren't they? Well except for the colors. I know FSU's is larger.

And I doubt UF's current locker room is better. I googled "best college football locker rooms", and these search results came up. I don't see UF on either list, but I do see FSU.

https://www.si.com/college-football...vegent-facilities-locker-rooms-video-boards#4

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...dropping-college-football-locker-rooms-102016

UF's facilities will probably pass FSU when their standalone is finished in a few years, but in the college football arms race and these things go back and forth. Also don't forget FSU, too, will be getting a standalone football complex. Details are scarce, but it's coming.

One last thing- What exactly is the relevance of FSU's end zone club level and its fans eating indoors? You think that ultimately has any affect on a team's success? I think you're really reaching here.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    You need to work on your reading skills as I said FSU had better lockers currently.

Uf's IPF is more funtional. It is longer than FSU's IPF with extra football drill areas like Bama has.

FSU made the decision to build taller.UF built longer. In hot Florida tall means expensive AC bills. Hence FSU had to put in limited climate control. The end result is UF IPF has a superior AC system. Better for events and can cool players off quicker in the summer.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dan85

Dan85 GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +511
    My reading skills are fine. You should've phrased it better. Here's what you wrote:

"UF has a better Indoor Practice Field and Athlete Academic center than FSU's. They have slightly better athlete dorms and better lockers currently."

Your use of "They" implies UF, since UF was the subject of your previous sentence.
    I'm sure we'll lose recruits left and right because of our more expensive AC bills. That paired with people leaving the club level seats to eat indoors is just going to kill the program.
  9. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    You are on a Gator site Nole boy . You are "they" on this site . I refer to UF as "we" on this site.

FSU's IPF climate system is not a full AC system. Can only slightly cool. Bottomline is we learned from your IPF mistakes and built a more energy efficient building. LEED certified. Your building results in your players being hotter so that your punter can punt higher. UF's IPF focuses on the comfort of the 85 players other than the punter plus there is more room for their drills. Our punter can wait till the storm is over to punt while he waits in the cool AC.

Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is a rating system devised by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) to evaluate the environmental performance of a building and encourage market transformation towards sustainable design.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 12:17 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    UF has the money and FSU doesn't. Obviously your spin didn't work on Jimbo WHEN he left FSU after he was blown off for a commitment for a football only center in writing.

Jimbo took your lack of putting it in writing as meaning you will do it WHEN pigs fly or WHEN your budget deficits stop worsening. Jimbo knew he would be in for a very long wait. Actions speak louder than your words. Money talks.

Mullen knows that UF's football program's land footprint will double after the baseball stadium is removed. FSU cannot afford to move their baseball stadium to make more room for football. UF's new site baseball stadium construction begins soon. In writing.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 5:35 PM
  11. samdingo

samdingo All SEC

Ratings Received:
    +46
    LOL. It only took like 33 years OP.
  12. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    Not Mullen and Meyer, only took them 4 years and FSU's President did the rest. Bobby was not a happy camper.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. coleg

coleg Sophomore

Ratings Received:
    +163
    Perhaps UF would put up with a ultra successful FB coach demanding the Administration put into writing a promise to build a football only facility before the engineering study is done. At FSU the tail is not allowed to wag the dog that way. I did not read anywhere that Jimbo demanded that in writing ( link please) but it would be completely duplicitous for an Admin. to do so before feasibility. Are you simply speculating about that?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. samdingo

samdingo All SEC

Ratings Received:
    +46
    Losing to Wake Forest, Miami, BC, NCSU, USF, Clemson, etc. on the reg had zero to do with it I'm sure. LOL.

You think Bowden went 33-3 in his last 3 seasons with 3 losses to UF because that's kinda what it sounds like.
  15. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    That weird 33-3 is yours not mine.

Bowden lost after Mullen and Meyer kicked his but in recruiting then beat him on the field.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. samdingo

samdingo All SEC

Ratings Received:
    +46
    I'm not denying that.

You seem to think he was fired because he couldn't beat UF, the most dominant team of that 4-5 year stretch. He was fired (put out to pasture) because he was losing to inferior teams.

The 2009 game was the coup de grace but yeah, pretending like he got fired because of Urban and Mullen is a pretty big stretch. To be honest, USF '09 was prolly the final nail in the coffin. Take credit for it if it makes you feel better though.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    Wrong. It starts with recruiting and when Mullen and Meyer defeated Bowden in recruiting for FSU fans like The Pouncey twins that led to the losses you spoke of. Other slip ups are forgiven if you beat your nemesis regardless of school. Losing 4 years to UF and being out recruited by Meyer and Mullen were a key cause. Feel free to stay in an irrational state of denial. USF was just the last snowflake that triggered what Meyer and Mullen set up.
  18. themistocles

themistocles GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,121
    Don't underestimate either Taggert of FSU.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. samdingo

samdingo All SEC

Ratings Received:
    +46
    LOL.

Whatever you say man.

Bobby was pushed out because a) we were losing to everyone and b) Jimbo was getting restless with the HCIW arrangement and the administration didn't want to lose him.

Like I said, his fate was sealed against USF. That was the proverbial straw.
  20. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,868
    After Meyer and Mullin out recruited and out coached Bobby, his job became a house made of straw. Bobby was not happy.