Moving to LA!

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by Dreamliner, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +845
    Hehe, thanks, but you may have missed where I took a detour and landed in Charlotte.

However, I did/do find LA exhilarating and am going to keep the flame alive for eventually living there. Worst case, with my sister out there, it is bound to be a fairly frequent vacation destination. What's not to like about being one hour from surfing and one hour from skiing. And the place fairly reeks of nostalgia. Every time I turn on the TV now I sigh, realizing that the program was likely shot in LA.

Flipside: it wasn't the LA traffic that was so bad, it was the road conditions and signage, third-world-ish, unworthy of a city of global importance. Also, wages suck. I thought that they would be commensurate with the high cost-of-living. Turns out that they pay better in North Carolina.
  2. UFNut

UFNut Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Interesting, moving to Carolina myself next week, Raleigh to be exact, glad to see you will once again live in my neighbor city, though now twice as far to the west as Orlando was. :)
  3. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +845
    I can see you're getting a little breathing room from me. :joecool:
  4. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +845
    Hehe, should probably change the thread title. Anyway, I'm officially a Charlottean. Started work today and have already reserved the apartment I wanted all along. Basically, Charlotte rolled out the red carpet for me and I'm luxuriating in my chosen new hometown.

On the fitness end, my sister and I are basically going into business together. She has warmly embraced my concept and will be my marketing arm. She, being the marketing genius she is (she consults for the world's third largest nail care firm), is going to speak my voice to the public. In return, I will happily share with her the proceeds from the clients she drives to me.

This proposition is entirely 'sister-driven.' That is, she can work for me a little or work for me a lot, knowing that the more prospects she can produce the more money she makes. And she can do a lot of what she does in her sleep. She's good. At one time she was designing websites for aspiring child actors.

So, the LA connection endures. It's a Charlotte-LA collaboration.

Best case scenario: driven back into the fitness industry by popular demand. Short of that, extra income to supplement a very good job I'm excited to have gotten.
  5. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +845
    Update: have graduated training a week early and am on the phones with the veterans. I've got my Personal Lines license and am licensed to sell auto/home/renters insurance in 28 states and counting.

Workout: not much right now. I do try to get my walking in. And the fitness center onsite has cambered pullup bars, dumbbells up to fifty pounds and kettlebells up to 73 lbs. So, I get in there maybe once a week for a quickie.